Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Tellers

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,925 ✭✭✭✭anncoates

You were taking lots of drugs the night before, weren't you?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Menas wrote: »
    In fairness though, Bank Tellers are up there with Post office clerks for snotty attitude.

Well imagine dealing day after day with knobs who think you should know who they are just because they have an account there and took out money 6 months earlier.

They have rules to protect everyone yet fools complain all the time when asked for id.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

catallus wrote: »
    Nobody seems to be asking the obvious question about what the hell are you doing carrying around a mirror in ur pocket!

My eyesight is not the best so I have to carry one. It's either that or carrying around my left wing mirror of the car, and that is too bulky.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,495 ✭✭✭✭Billy86

FalconGirl wrote: »
    I call shenanigans. No bank is open on a Saturday in ROI. You've been found out. Interesting imagination all the same. :-)
    TSB has had banks open on Saturdays. ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 20,751 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

Nobody seems to be asking the obvious question about what the hell are you doing carrying around a mirror in ur pocket!

I seem to remember someone asking.

• Advertisement

Computer says automatons.

Computer says... what's the frequency Kenneth.

• Registered Users Posts: 674 ✭✭✭GotTheTshirt

I always bring a unicycle in with me to have a quick scoot around the bank floor to check my balance.

I always bring a unicycle in with me to have a quick scoot around the bank floor to check my balance.

You could balance a cheque on your head. That would be impressive.

Monday as a hard day as it is for most folk. Enjoy this long Dire Straits album. Don't think of work now, you are free to your own time, get stuck in. Fcuk the world ant colony in a rush to build manure-balls, just keep rolling on They say. Enjoy the album and free yourself from the chains of a backward austerical society.

Any-one wants to attack my post :) You can kiss my fat arse.

That ain't workin' that's the way you do it
    Money for nothin' and chicks for free

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭eamonnq

Balance a Czech on your head would be better!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,878 ✭✭✭ArtyM

and if the cheque was recently signed by Arsenal - it would be a Petr cheque.
    Badum-tish!

Yup, already have my coat.

Don't forget your keys :)

Ek Ong Kar.

Let's put a bit of unusual dream state graphics into this dying thread of old shall we.

I want you to do one thing only, and that is... grab a spliff pair of head-phones and relax on your back comfortably and take in the Ek Ong Kar music and leave your body for a short while just like an out of body experience forgetting the world around you. Meld into the outer dimensions of placid relaxation.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

My eyesight is not the best so I have to carry one. It's either that or carrying around my left wing mirror of the car, and that is too bulky.

That makes sense, especially seeing as the mirror off the car would make objects appear closer than they actually are, which could make you bump into things.

But it doesn't explain the rest of it!

That makes sense, especially seeing as the mirror off the car would make objects appear closer than they actually are, which could make you bump into things.

But it doesn't explain the rest of it!

My original post is sincere and genuine. No big deal, but I took out the mirror in front of the teller just to identify myself and she was well pissed-off with me telling her that I can indeed identify myself as a human being using such an old technological mirror reflector.

All she had to do was click search on her government computer system and the world would have left one sorry soul of a human being in peace.

What else could I do, I had no other documentation on me as it was a bastard of a day in the first place.

I could have engaged with a different person as the teller and it could have worked out more fluidly.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Eejit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 626 ✭✭✭Massimo Cassagrande

Being a Bank Teller used to be a highly desirable job. Tbh, to me, it now looks a bit crap. "I work in a bank". "You do?? Jasus, sorry to hear that..must be awful.".

• Registered Users Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭vector

I hate this sort of thing, people doing things literally, so would the OP prefer it we were like the US and the teller spelled out exactly what they meant

"Thank you for your request Sir, I am required to see proof of name , can you present or show me a passport, driving licence"

My original post is sincere and genuine.

That's what's so terrifying.

If you were a comedian on stage and everyone viewing this thread was the audience the room would be dead silent right now.

In that case, I wonder how we are six pages in ? Not exactly dead silent as of now. It might be dying a slow death, but I am like clean-film, Everything sticks to me in all shapes and forms.

• Advertisement

jimgoose wrote: »
    Eejit.

The Eejit is on the other-side of this post. Did you honestly read the whole thread jimgoose why would you associate yourself with an Eejit thread in the first place. So you're following. Interesting.

You give out about a sh!t thread, but there in behold of this you follow it ? astonishing.

I wonder what will happen next you might ask yourself ? :rolleyes:

In fairness, you posted 22 times and there's only 82 posts in the thread.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,176 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

The Eejit is on the other-side of this post. Did you honestly read the whole thread jimgoose why would you associate yourself with an Eejit thread in the first place. So you're following. Interesting.

You give out about a sh!t thread, but there in behold of this you follow it ? astonishing.

I wonder what will happen next you might ask yourself ? :rolleyes:

I'm not giving out about anything, I am merely saying: Eejit. :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

No offence to the poster but the harshness of this really made me laugh.

Jeez, you folks are so politically correct all the time, it's like trying to communicate with a bad operating system robot. Lighten up a bit and don't take it all so deeply. After hours has turned into a bunch of nasty cannibalistic text eaters.

Terrifying is not the word, being asked by a human robot to identify myself is a programmed robot desk clerk. There is my name and address and pps number, type it in there on your computer, could she ? no, identify yourself. Ah fcuk-off.

In fairness, you posted 22 times and there's only 82 posts in the thread.

I know, I waffle on the odd time, but does it really matter ? I could have waffled on to myself on this thread alone without anyone, but why do you reply if it upsets you ?.

So much for after-hours talking sh!t, when you do talk sh!t, you still get sh!t. Anyway folks, it's a disaster of a thread anyway, but I still respect all of your comments good and bad. I've a hard neck. Lets put this atrocious abominable thread to sleep shall we, and pretend it never existed :)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 8,867 ✭✭✭eternal

I know, I waffle on the odd time, but does it really matter ? I could have waffled on to myself on this thread alone without anyone, but why do you reply if it upsets you ?.

So much for after-hours talking sh!t, when you do talk sh!t, you still get sh!t. Anyway folks, it's a disaster of a thread anyway, but I still respect all of your comments good and bad. I've a hard neck. Lets put this atrocious abominable thread to sleep shall we, and pretend it never existed :)

Don't worry about it. You needed to get it off your chest and you did. No point feeling bad about it, people will always take the p*ss out of you on here. Anyway just do what they tell you in these places and take the money and leave.

I'm not upset. I'm mildly concerned.

Did this really happen? Or is it something you thought of doing after you left the bank?

How much was the cheque for? Did you not have a bank-card to lodge it to your account? Why would you not use the lodging machine instead of dealing with the "human robot"? Who the hell carries a small mirror in their pocket? Who whips it out of their pocket to make a lame joke to an unfortunate stranger who is slaving away at a thankless job? What were you thinking? Do you do stuff like this a lot?

These are all important questions.

eternal wrote: »
    Don't worry about it. You needed to get it off your chest and you did. No point feeling bad about it, people will always take the p*ss out of you on here. Anyway just do what they tell you in these places and take the money and leave.

An excellent intelligent post reply. Logic. It's off from my chest now, but those little fcukers on their keyboards pontificating bully tactics to a hard neck man are wasting their time, go into the bathroom and jerk-off and release some of that ****-****. May the bell be with you.

• Advertisement

I'm not upset. I'm mildly concerned.

Did this really happen? Or is it something you thought of doing after you left the bank?

How much was the cheque for? Did you not have a bank-card to lodge it to your account? Why would you not use the lodging machine instead of dealing with the "human robot"? Who the hell carries a small mirror in their pocket? Who whips it out of their pocket to make a lame joke to an unfortunate stranger who is slaving away at a thankless job? What were you thinking? Do you do stuff like this a lot?

These are all important questions.

Are you for real man ?. Yes, it happened in true life, just an anomaly. Why is it so hard to understand this fact ?. Next I will be asked for video footage. I just found it strange thats all, especially when I gave all my details and pps number as this information will be accessed from their main-frame computer software.

Look, I don't care now, as I was just getting a sort of laugh going interwinded in this thread of openness. I'll sure as hell laugh at it tomorrow when I wake up with a major cannabadrink hangover.

Best wishes folks.
    Why would you not use the lodging machine instead

I didn't think of it as it was packed and just stayed in the que to the teller.

There is no doubt about it, after hours can get them in on a major scale. But this is a good thing to strengthen the mind to be able to take it like a kick in the balls. It's all good. The Eejit is on the other side of this post.

Advertisement