Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bank Tellers

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,420 ✭✭✭✭sligojoek

eamonnq wrote: »
    Did you leave the door open ? It could let in a draught.
    A bank draught??

• Registered Users Posts: 461 ✭✭MadMardegan

You're not up to your old tricks again are you Tom?

No, tis my money Father, I just didn't want to fill out all the paperwork!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,766 ✭✭✭Bongalongherb

Oranage2 wrote: »
    So did the bank clerk give you the money or what?

She did, but with a bad eye contact for some reason. You'd swear I blew her life up the looks I got from her.

I did hear a few folks behind me in the que saying...for fcuks sake. Maybe I was holding up the que or something, I was too baked to know.

I fcuking hate banks.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,010 ✭✭✭eamonnq

She did, but with a bad eye contact for some reason. You'd swear I blew her life up the looks I got from her.

I did hear a few folks behind me in the que saying...for fcuks sake. Maybe I was holding up the que or something, I was too baked to know.

I fcuking hate banks.

Now we know what you used the mirror for.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

Which branch is opening on the weekends out of interest? Its about bloody time!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I fcuking hate banks.

Holding up the what

• Registered Users Posts: 20,419 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

Holding up the what

Oui.

That is the oddest thing you could do in a bank.. It'd be far worse if they didn't ask.

• Registered Users Posts: 546 ✭✭✭kfk

There I was saturday/shatterday in The bank of Ireland paid by check to change it, and the teller says to me... Can you identify yourself ?

Well I was confused at this time, so I took out my small mirror that I had in my pocket and looked into the mirror and said Yes, it looks like me, it is me, yes, I can identify myself. She looked at me as if I had caused an aircrash. WTF is the matter with those people. Can you identify yourself ffs.

Did any of you ever experience a weird situation in the bank ?

Take no notice OP. I thought that was hilarious! They have a funny sense of humour here in AH!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,022 ✭✭✭jamesbere

There I was saturday/shatterday in The bank of Ireland paid by check to change it, and the teller says to me... Can you identify yourself ?

Well I was confused at this time, so I took out my small mirror that I had in my pocket and looked into the mirror and said Yes, it looks like me, it is me, yes, I can identify myself. She looked at me as if I had caused an aircrash. WTF is the matter with those people. Can you identify yourself ffs.

Did any of you ever experience a weird situation in the bank ?

http://fakeplus.com/pictures/jpg/-double-facepalm_20120514083424.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 435 ✭✭diograis

can the op please tell us which branch was apparently open on a Sunday and where, thats the only thing that's anyway remarkable here

Holding up the what

The fcuking que dude. Doh. I messed up badly pulling out the shotgun, I pulled it out so fast it was pointing the other way, at me. I just left the place pissed off and hopped into my jaguar 1974 car and went home for a much needed sleep.

They're all crazy out there, I'm the only sane person left in this world of make-believe.
    can the op please tell us which branch was apparently open on a Sunday and where, thats the only thing that's anyway remarkable here

Shatterday. It's in the original post.

Two objects cannot occupy the same space.

It's the twilight zone again. Noooooooooooooooo

Did you ever get the feeling that the world you live in is a holographic program ?.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,266 ✭✭✭Overflow

The fcuking que dude. Doh. I messed up badly pulling out the shotgun, I pulled it out so fast it was pointing the other way, at me. I just left the place pissed off and hopped into my jaguar 1974 car and went home for a much needed sleep.

Their all crazy out there, I'm the only sane person left in this world of make-believe.

Shatterday. It's in the original post.

Two objects cannot occupy the same space.

It's the twilight zone again. Noooooooooooooooo

Did you ever get the feeling that the world you live in is holographic

ease off the weed there !

Overflow wrote: »
    ease off the weed there !

A very valid point. I might just do that. I like birdseye waffles, but after looking over this thread it seems the best call of action is to sit back and relax to the beautiful face of Joan Burton, and the excellent mini violin work from Michael Noonan... May your pension be as as good as mine.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,718 ✭✭✭✭padd b1975

The mirror thing - I'd say you thought this was going to be your funny day on Boards at long last, but no...

Ain't that the truth!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

I fcuking hate banks.

They're easier if you're prepared and follow protocol. Why people make it harder on themselves and then complain about the banks is beyond me.

padd b1975 wrote: »
    Ain't that the truth!

I'll make it up to you folk for your disappointment of visiting this spacer thread...

Two Irishmen walk into a pet shop in Dingle.

They head to the bird section and Gerry says to Paddy, "Dat's dem". The owner comes over and asks if he can help them. "Yeah, we'll take four of dem dere little budgies in dat cage up dere," says Gerry. The owner puts the budgies in a cardboard box.

Paddy and Gerry pay for the birds, leave the shop and get into Gerry's truck to drive to the top of the Connor Pass.

At the Connor Pass, Gerry looks down at the 1,000 foot drop and says, "Dis looks like a grand place." He takes two birds out of the box, puts one on each shoulder and jumps off the cliff. Paddy watches as the budgies fly off and Gerry falls all the way to the bottom, killing himself stone dead.

Looking down at the remains of his best pal, Paddy shakes his head and says, "Fook dat. Dis budgie jumping is too fook'n dangerous for me!"

Wait there's more.

Moment's later, Seamus arrives at Connor Pass. He's been to the pet shop too and walks up to the edge of the cliff carrying another cardboard box in one hand and a shotgun in the other. "Hi, Paddy. Watch dis." Seamus says. He takes a parrot from the box and lets him fly free. He then throws himself over the edge of the cliff with the gun.

Paddy watches as halfway down, Seamus takes the gun and shoots the parrot. Seamus continues to plummet down and down until he hits the bottom and breaks every bone in his body. Paddy shakes his head and says, "And I'm never trying dat parrotshooting either!"

It's not over yet ...

Paddy is just getting over the shock of losing two friends when Sean appears. He's also been to the pet shop and is carrying a cardboard box out of which he pulls a chicken. Sean then takes the chicken by its legs and hurls himself off the cliff and disappears down and down until he hits a rock and breaks his spine.

Once more Paddy shakes his head. "Fook dat, lads. First dere was Gerry with his budgiejumping, den Seamus parrotshooting. . . And now Sean and his fook'n hengliding! "

They're easier if you're prepared and follow protocol. Why people make it harder on themselves and then complain about the banks is beyond me.

Soo politically correct, just like a robot.

Compliance to a Mafioso banking cartel ?, Nah, I will respect the customers but that one behind the desk was crazy, as in what I previously said regarding her look as if I had caused an aircrash, her eye's burned through me with passion.

Get this Irish music into you. It is un-politically correct...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,312 ✭✭✭Paramite Pie

Soo politically correct, just like a robot.

Compliance to a Mafioso banking cartel ?, Nah, I will respect the customers but that one behind the desk was crazy, as in what I previously said regarding her look as if I had caused an aircrash, her eye's burned through me with passion.

Somehow I knew you'd defend yourself with some daft comment like that. I was expecting a "sheep" comment but political correctness doesn't even apply here. I'm not a robot, I just don't expect special treatment above other people.

The average employee is not any different than the customers you respect; ie they're people. It's routine to ask for proof of ID, address etc... it doesn't make them robots or whatever else you want to call them. If they allowed someone else to cash your check you'd be the first to complain.

You mentioned earlier that you were baked. She probably didn't know what to expect. Also your ability to perceive her reaction may be skewed. Why do carry a mirror in your pocket? I mean, did you even have a mirror in your pocket or did you imagine you did?:confused: You also mentioned something about a shotgun.. hopefully not inside the bank....

But ah sure.. stick it to the man.. good on ya:rolleyes:

kfk wrote: »
    Take no notice OP. I thought that was hilarious! They have a funny sense of humour here in AH!

They sure do indeed. Spacers the lot of them. An interesting crowd to be honest, I find them titillating. :)

• Advertisement

Somehow I knew you'd defend yourself with some daft comment like that. I was expecting a "sheep" comment but political correctness doesn't even apply here. I'm not a robot, I just don't expect special treatment above other people.

The average employee is not any different than the customers you respect; ie they're people. It's routine to ask for proof of ID, address etc... it doesn't make them robots or whatever else you want to call them. If they allowed someone else to cash your check you'd be the first to complain.

You mentioned earlier that you were baked. She probably didn't know what to expect. Also your ability to perceive her reaction may be skewed. Why do carry a mirror in your pocket? I mean, did you even have a mirror in your pocket or did you imagine you did?:confused: You also mentioned something about a shotgun.. hopefully not inside the bank....

But ah sure.. stick it to the man.. good on ya:rolleyes:

I respect your comment 'above' 100%.

This is crazy after-hours after all, and I don't really too much have a problem with bank tellers, but the one I dealt with was a spacer. Obviously all bank tellers are not the same, but there is the odd spaceball. Not discounting myself by-the-way. It takes two spacecakes to make a real cake.

Peace and goodwill to all...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,126 ✭✭✭Santa Cruz

What dafuq? That's so weird.

She obviously meant, can you prove you are who you say you are.
    Would you prefer if I went in with your cheque I robbed off you saying yes, I am him. That's me.
    Look at me. I'm him.

Monies now please.

Was she one of those cute sexy little things that work in Ulster Bank with tits well strapped up and tight skirts that you know are riding above the knee under the counter?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

I have no ID what's going on in this thread.

Santa Cruz wrote: »
    Was she one of those cute sexy little things that work in Ulster Bank with tits well strapped up and tight skirts that you know are riding above the knee under the counter?

Unfortunately not. She had a cute face until I opened my mouth, maybe I should have just shut the fcuk up. But in any-case she was sexy in her own way, but not only that, she had an aura of the smell of money, it sort of turned me on.

I have no ID what's going on in this thread.

I have absolutely no idea myself. But I will say this... I will try not to breathe. I want you to remember, leave it to memory me...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 874 ✭✭✭FalconGirl

I call shenanigans. No bank is open on a Saturday in ROI. You've been found out. Interesting imagination all the same. :-)

FalconGirl wrote: »
    I call shenanigans. No bank is open on a Saturday in ROI. You've been found out. Interesting imagination all the same. :-)

What an amazing analysis - WOW, I'm impressed indeed with your intelligence, I mean this in a sincere way. You are the only intelligent person on this thread that has figured this out all day.
    I call shenanigans

Same here, but before you go... here's a gift to you for catching me out...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,091 ✭✭✭Antar Bolaeisk

For your next routine you should hand over the mirror as your identification, sure they picture on it looks just like you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,191 ✭✭✭Eugene Norman

We should replace tellers with automons.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,816 ✭✭✭✭dxhound2005

We should replace tellers with automons.

Computer says automatons.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

Nobody seems to be asking the obvious question about what the hell are you doing carrying around a mirror in ur pocket!

Advertisement