Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ceili

Options
  • 20-04-2015 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Does anyone know where I can find information about ceilis? I am wondering if there is some website or something where I can look up where and when ceilis are taking place.

When I say ceilis, I do not mean set dancing. I mean proper ceili dancing, where you have a someone calling the steps, and not a bunch of people who get mad at you when you don't know the dances!

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,247 ✭✭✭Greaney

I don't know of many Cheilís happening anymore. I know, it's such a pity. Cheilís are great because anyone can join in and it's open to a wider age group. The only place I come across Cheilís seems to be in Ulster nowadays and lo, this is proven by this website I came across. I hope you find it as handy as I do.
    www.ceilidancing.com

Meanwhile, I'm in Galway, and trying to organise a Cheilí (dancing at the Crossroads type event) in my town, Athenry. It'll be in August and I'll be doing a little workshop a week before to give folk a little courage on the evening itself! Do PM me if it's your side of the country and I'll keep you posted.

Advertisement