Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ultra Street Fighter 4 Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

https://twitter.com/teamspooky/status/603607520419123201

And that's not even close to being the worst screw-up.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭shane9fingers

I have a character specific question. Mr Doom would probably know best as it concerns señor Guile. I can connect 2 standing heavy punches in the training room. Not everytime, but it's possible and I feel awesome when it lands. I can also connect standing light punch to standing heavy punch. But what I want to know, is it possible to connect 2 heavy punches after a light punch? I tried a load of times but it never seems to. Is it a crazy pipe dream?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

ed_james wrote: »
    I have a character specific question. Mr Doom would probably know best as it concerns señor Guile. I can connect 2 standing heavy punches in the training room. Not everytime, but it's possible and I feel awesome when it lands. I can also connect standing light punch to standing heavy punch. But what I want to know, is it possible to connect 2 heavy punches after a light punch? I tried a load of times but it never seems to. Is it a crazy pipe dream?
    Probably depends on distance/reel back; close HP is 5f startup / +5f on hit, but the 2nd HP might come out as far HP (8f) and not combo.

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

I'd say it's very difficult but maybe possible on certain characters.

STHP to STHP can hit for one of two reasons. First is a counter hit combo. This works because the first STHP has increased hit stun, so this will never work with a jab at the start.

The second reason though, is because the frame data on STHP makes it a 1 frame link into itself. However, smaller characters reel back too far for the second HP to connect. That's why it's easier to do on Abel, Seth and the like.

In this case, and you'd need to test, perhaps close stlp sthp sthp would work on the bigger chars. I don't see it as a practical combo though.

Actually stratch that. It is 100% possible on bigger chars.

Check at 1:15:

(on another note, I used to love this video when I started playing Guile, it looked so difficult. Now I can do most of that easily without trying... funny how time moves on :))

• Advertisement

I'd say it's very difficult but maybe possible on certain characters.

STHP to STHP can hit for one of two reasons. First is a counter hit combo. This works because the first STHP has increased hit stun, so this will never work with a jab at the start.

The second reason though, is because the frame data on STHP makes it a 1 frame link into itself. However, smaller characters reel back too far for the second HP to connect. That's why it's easier to do on Abel, Seth and the like.

In this case, and you'd need to test, perhaps close stlp sthp sthp would work on the bigger chars. I don't see it as a practical combo though.

No, not very practical, but very cool and angry. I find myself in the training room with hakan more than anyone else because he's there when I'm tapping the button to start, I must experiment against different characters.
    Anyways, thank you!

Actually stratch that. It is 100% possible on bigger chars.

Check at 1:15:

(on another note, I used to love this video when I started playing Guile, it looked so difficult. Now I can do most of that easily without trying... funny how time moves on :))

Ha ha ha! They are very cool. Especially punching bison twice when a combo looks over. I'd just put on my shades and throw the match after landing that one! Gonna watch that a fair few times.
    Btw, I saw your basic Guile combo video a while back and it really helped my Guile studies. Not very basic though, they take loads of practice. I got a couple down that I can nearly call consistent, but it's a long road.

• Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

Ha ha ha! They are very cool. Especially punching bison twice when a combo looks over. I'd just put on my shades and throw the match after landing that one! Gonna watch that a fair few times.
    Btw, I saw your basic Guile combo video a while back and it really helped my Guile studies. Not very basic though, they take loads of practice. I got a couple down that I can nearly call consistent, but it's a long road.

Yeah I love hard punch links. They look cool :)

Thanks for the compliment, and yeah learning links at the start can be very hard, but it's rewarding when you get it down as it opens up a lot more options in the game. The better you get the quicker you'll learn other ones too :)

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Azza wrote: »

Fanmail like this and that which I receive when playing people in person/on Steam is why I continue to work hard with Elena. Thanks everyone!

Meanwhile, I got this at school today from a 5th class kid. It's Volcanic Rim :D

CGGjhPrWYAEOJ_h.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Moderators Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭Azza

D4RK ONION wrote: »
    Fanmail like this and that which I receive when playing people in person/on Steam is why I continue to work hard with Elena. Thanks everyone!

Meanwhile, I got this at school today from a 5th class kid. It's Volcanic Rim :D

CGGjhPrWYAEOJ_h.jpg

Admit it, you drew that yourself!

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Green health bars. Get that kids eyes tested!

Green health bars. Get that kids eyes tested!

Obviously played 3rd strike

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

D4RK ONION wrote: »

CGGjhPrWYAEOJ_h.jpg

Better than USF4 PS4, Ocean should hire this kid.

Patch will be submitted tomorrow, apparently.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Sairus

Capcom Pro Tour is reverting to non-PS4 USF4 until they fix this mess of a launch.
    I guess they don't have a choice, but still pretty cool to see them announce that so fast.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

They had no other choice really, and this was supposed to be the "definitive version". Definitive 8f of lag lmao

• Registered Users Posts: 1,762 ✭✭✭Yreval

tumblr_np2yfxYENv1usrgjso1_540.gif
    tumblr_np2yfxYENv1usrgjso2_540.gif
    tumblr_np2yfxYENv1usrgjso3_540.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 632 ✭✭✭Forest Demon

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

https://twitter.com/galtu444444/status/605895107129131008

Fuerte nerfs in latest PS4 Ultra patch :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Ben must be crying.

Anyone try the update yet?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,974 ✭✭✭✭chopperbyrne

Apparently it is still on average 1.3f slower than the 360 version.

So still better on xbox and pc? I think this ps4 stuff is all a bit mental.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,878 ✭✭✭bush

Its a bit better now but still needs a lot of work.

• Moderators Posts: 8,678 ✭✭✭D4RK ONION

Love the combo-while-backdashing.

Display lag are reporting that the new patch for PS4 makes USF4 very, very comparable response wise to 360.

• Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭blag

Display lag are reporting that the new patch for PS4 makes USF4 very, very comparable response wise to 360.

Great, now if only Mad Catz were prepared to take my money.....

• Advertisement

blag wrote: »
    Great, now if only Mad Catz were prepared to take my money.....

If you're feeling desperate, pick up a cheapo ps3 one somewhere. Not a dual mod though- apparently they have trouble working.

Advertisement