Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese Android Phones 2 - Read First Post!

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 104 ✭✭RockBadger

Just wondering has anyone ever ordered from pandawill. A lot of mixed reviews! I prefer the whole eu warehouse idea but have you seen the way pandawill claim that for an extra 10% of order they will take care of import and customs??
    Is this a scam?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭Niemoj

RockBadger wrote: »
    Just wondering has anyone ever ordered from pandawill. A lot of mixed reviews! I prefer the whole eu warehouse idea but have you seen the way pandawill claim that for an extra 10% of order they will take care of import and customs??
    Is this a scam?

I ordered off them before, sent from the China warehouse, took ages for the item to come up to the point I thought I was after getting scared and then one day it showed up!

Won't be buying off them again anyway, I'll stick to TMart.com or AliExpress!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭corwill

I don't know the names of the newer MTKs, I'm a bit out of the loop. Someone post them will ye?

Right, 8 hours sleep and a mug of coffee on board, so: what should people be looking out for in relation to Mediatek processors?

The following is mostly just what I've gleaned from reading the likes of gizchina and what have you. My direct personal experience is limited to the MT6595 on a Zopo ZP999.

If/when I go looking for another C.A.P., I would look at handsets with a Mediatek SoC no older than the MT6595. Which, performance wise, is pretty good for the price of the units running it. I've found it comparable to a Snapdragon 800 or 801 in terms of day to day use, including a bit of graphics hungry gaming and general multitasking. It seems to be fairly power hungry though. Crucially, Mediatek seem to have cracked the GPS issues with the MT6595.

The MT6595 was the culmination of the MT65XX generation. The main complaint about the earlier MT65XXs was GPS performance, and mainly competed with equivalent Qualcomm SoCs only on price. But the likes of a Meizu MX4 running a MT6595 is a decent option.

The MT67xxs are where Mediatek really seem to have properly stepped up to Qualcomm. MT6732, MT6735, and MT6752 all at least match up to Snapdragon 410, 415 & 615, or even outperform them on some benchmarks, particularly MT6752 vs Snap 615. Qualcomm may still have a bit of an edge on GPU performance in benchmarks, but to the naked eye 99% users won't be able to spot that day to day. The MT6752 matches up to the Snap 808 pretty well.

The newest Mediateks are the MT6753 and the MT6795 (aka Helio x10), the former has yet to show up in a handset, the latter has just launched in the LeTV S1 (gizchina just got their hands on one, so they and others should be reviewing it shortly), and Meizu might be launching a refresh of the M1 Note with one next week. The MT6795 seems to be out-benching the Snap 810, from what reports I've seen.

So, long (long, long) story short, IMHO the Mediatek SoCs to look out for now and for the rest of 2015 are:

MT6595
    MT6732
    MT6735
    MT6752
    MT6753
    MT6795/Helio x10

The MT6752 handsets out there at the moment seems to offer a really good balance between value for money and performance. A lot of online feedback also complements the MT6752s on battery performance, which is a move in the right direction from the MT6595s. I'm a bit of a stuck record on here pointing people towards the Jiayu S3 and the Meizu M1 Note; if my Zopo took a tumble under a bus today, I'd probably go for one of them.

Should also add that you mostly won't go wrong with a Huawei or Honor with a Kirin SoC in it these days.

The Honor 7 might break cover next month, might just feck the Zopo under the 15A at that point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

corwill wrote: »
    Should also add that you mostly won't go wrong with a Huawei or Honor with a Kirin SoC in it these days.

The Honor 7 might break cover next month, might just feck the Zopo under the 15A at that point.

The 7plus looks nice with the bigger screen.

• Advertisement

The 7plus looks nice with the bigger screen.

They're talking about the end of the year for it, though, I'll hardly control myself that long!

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

So I got my refund from geekbuying after been waiting so long for my elelhone p6000 to be even dispatched..

I've seen some posters are having small problems with their p6000 so I'm gonna try something else?

I seen a poster put this phone up.. looks good or is their better put there? Or for this price including delivery and customs it's nearly 200 will I go for the Motorola g that's in Argos now for 200? Please help need a phone soon enough

http://www.etotalk.com/umi-emax-gray_p8476.html

Need a big screen
    fast paced
    4g
    Good battery

• Registered Users Posts: 3,835 ✭✭✭Iseedeadpixels

So I got my refund from geekbuying after been waiting so long for my elelhone p6000 to be even dispatched..

I've seen some posters are having small problems with their p6000 so I'm gonna try something else?

I seen a poster put this phone up.. looks good or is their better put there? Or for this price including delivery and customs it's nearly 200 will I go for the Motorola g that's in Argos now for 200? Please help need a phone soon enough

Need a big screen
    fast paced
    4g
    Good battery

Ive a 4 week old Elephone p3000s on adverts for 120 if you want?

• Registered Users Posts: 887 ✭✭✭steirishrover

No mate thanks in anyway

• Registered Users Posts: 3,098 ✭✭✭seanin4711

Need a big screen
    fast paced
    4g
    Good battery

50 50 whether i went for it or the lenovo went for build quality and past experience with the brand!
    looks super phone!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,067 ✭✭✭MarkY91

Ive an s4 mini. Im happy enough but the brightness is terrible in sunlight.

Out of interest, what would be a suitable replacement? Same size screen etc as i hate huge phones.

Ive no idea about asian phones hence my question

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭Digital Solitude

MarkY91 wrote: »
    Ive an s4 mini. Im happy enough but the brightness is terrible in sunlight.

Out of interest, what would be a suitable replacement? Same size screen etc as i hate huge phones.

Ive no idea about asian phones hence my question

Budget? Few small Jiayus and Xiaomis would be a good bet, think theres a small Nubia too

Budget? Few small Jiayus and Xiaomis would be a good bet, think theres a small Nubia too

Hm about 150. Maybe im askig too much for a s4 mini replacement...8mp camera etc

Was just a thought

Hm about 150. Maybe im askig too much for a s4 mini replacement...8mp camera etc

Was just a thought

Would 4.7 be too big?

Would 4.7 be too big?

That could do. How do i go about looking st the phones etc..maybe all the info i need is a few pages back

That could do. How do i go about looking st the phones etc..maybe all the info i need is a few pages back

Theres a Xiaomi thats 4.5 or 4.7 its one of the redmi's

Theres a Xiaomi thats 4.5 or 4.7 its one of the redmi's

Thanks. Ill have a search soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,559 ✭✭✭abarkie

Ive a 4 week old Elephone p3000s on adverts for 120 if you want?

My P3000s had too close an encounter with a football the other night and got a cracked screen:mad:

I can only see an ad under tallaghtmick - is that the one?

Got some colleagues over on 15/06 if still available then, will probably takee

• Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭spix

The chipset info is oudated. Missing the snapdragon 410, 615, mtk 6732, mtk 6752, mtk 6595. Some phone manufacturers missing too. Here's a list I threw together

Xiaomi
    Huawei/Honor
    Oppo
    Vivo
    Meizu
    ZTE
    Lenovo
    IUNI
    Gionee

Coolpad
    THL
    Zopo
    Jiayu
    iOcean
    Elephone
    Ulefone
    Umi

Be wary of any other manufacturer, could have some fake specs especially the battery and camera, even the cpu. Doogee for example were found to be putting mt6582 in a phone that was supposed to have mtk6752.

You should add minideal and ibuygou to the retailer list. Also I'm pretty sure some big gadget stores are flagged by customs so best to buy from elsewhere if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 980 ✭✭✭Kenny Powers

Lads what's the P6000 like and where is the quickest place to get one?

Thanks

KP

• Advertisement

abarkie wrote: »
    My P3000s had too close an encounter with a football the other night and got a cracked screen:mad:

I can only see an ad under tallaghtmick - is that the one?

Got some colleagues over on 15/06 if still available then, will probably takee

Yeh thats mine, I can post and paypal if you want.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,831 ✭✭✭jeffk

Elephone P6000

Seems the battery is working as it should now, using the old charger off my Huawei and a 3M cable from bargain alert forum(so they do work ok)

Lasted 22 hours and a bit (three yesterday to now)
    Got to 1%, turned on the torch and in a minute went dead
    Says just over two hours till it’s charged

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

My girlfriend had picked up a cheap Lenovo before but she lost it yesterday at slane so looking for a replacement. Her budget is 100ish. Would that P6000 be a good option. I don't know much about android as I have an iPhone myself. I saw this link a few pages ago:

http://www.to2c.com/elephone-p6000-2gb-ram-16gb-rom.html

Is that the cheapest place to get it?

Also with the last phone she had trouble with the internal storage being portend so she had no room on it for many apps so I was hoping to get one that doesn't need much fidgeting about with to be fully functional. Thanks.

My girlfriend had picked up a cheap Lenovo before but she lost it yesterday at slane so looking for a replacement. Her budget is 100ish. Would that P6000 be a good option. I don't know much about android as I have an iPhone myself. I saw this link a few pages ago:

http://www.to2c.com/elephone-p6000-2gb-ram-16gb-rom.html

Is that the cheapest place to get it?

Also with the last phone she had trouble with the internal storage being portend so she had no room on it for many apps so I was hoping to get one that doesn't need much fidgeting about with to be fully functional. Thanks.

Good phone with battery problems on some of them.

Can't fault the phone at all, well apart from the battery issues.

But can easily be fixed and have to keep saying five hours charging gets me twenty two hours.

jeffk wrote: »
    Can't fault the phone at all, well apart from the battery issues.

But can easily be fixed and have to keep saying five hours charging gets me twenty two hours.

5 hours charge is still bad, you should try a new charger.

How long did your one take?

Different cable/plugs give same result

• Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

5 hours charging for 22 hours? That's awful by any standards.

RossieMan wrote: »
    5 hours charging for 22 hours? That's awful by any standards.

How?

The last phone I had took around 3-4 and lasted 10 at a push. This lasts four times the charge time

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭RossieMan

What's your screen on time? You'd want to have it on 6-7 hours for it to drain that fast.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement