Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One plus one owners thread

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,072 ✭✭✭mass_debater

eoinf wrote: »
    what way are people dealing with the multitouch/phantom touch/touch screen issues.

is there a list of things to try or are people firing them back to one plus?

Cheers

Eoin

Some have reported that disabling the double tap to wake gesture and ambient screen has fixed the issue

• Registered Users Posts: 2,321 ✭✭✭sham69

anyone using tesco mobile on one plus?
    Just switched from 02 and having terrible data issues.

I find if I keep re-registering the sim on the network it works and gives me H+ but then after a while it drops to edge..

I don't think its tesco's issue as changing my settings again seems to get it back to H+ for a while.

I have roaming switched on and the settings for the APN seem to be correct.
    Seems to be dropping intermittently.
    Any suggestions?
    thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,193 ✭✭✭emo72

sham69 wrote: »

I find if I keep re-registering the sim on the network it works and gives me H+ but then after a while it drops to edge..

I don't think its tesco's issue as changing my settings again seems to get it back to H+ for a while.

Any suggestions?
    thanks.

I've had that problem with numerous phones on tesco mobile, I wouldn't rule out the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

tesco use o2/3 network which is all over the shop lately.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

irishgeo wrote: »
    tesco use o2/3 network which is all over the shop lately.

Which is why I switched back to Vodafone yesterday and was greatly surprised to find the OPO worked on their 4G network in my area :p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,374 ✭✭✭irishgeo

anyone got a better rom than Exodus rom?

very disappointed with the battery life.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

I'm getting good LTE coverage with Vodafone around Dublin 4 (Merrion Rd).
    No panic not seeing it everywhere as H+ speeds (which I find the norm where I am) are more than adequate for my needs.

Flash Xposed, then get Greenify (control app hibernation) Amplify (control wakelocks) and Bootmanager (control what apps start at boot) modules

Others to get are Xgels (configure Google Now Launcher) , MinMin guard (block ads) and YouTube adaway.

• Registered Users Posts: 375 ✭✭Meanaspie

I'm having a problem with my contacts. I have the settings set to sort by first name and the name format as first name first. When I go into contacts via the contacts app everything is fine. But if I go via the phone app the are sorted by last name and last name appears first even though when I check the settings it is setup as I first said...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,780 ✭✭✭sentient_6

Meanaspie wrote: »
    I'm having a problem with my contacts. I have the settings set to sort by first name and the name format as first name first. When I go into contacts via the contacts app everything is fine. But if I go via the phone app the are sorted by last name and last name appears first even though when I check the settings it is setup as I first said...

Problem will all early lollipop CM roms. CM12S was branched from a nightly ages ago and is missing some fixes like that from later.

• Advertisement

sentient_6 wrote: »
    Problem will all early lollipop CM roms. CM12S was branched from a nightly ages ago and is missing some fixes like that from later.

Cheers, so I assume there's nothing I can do then?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

gar wrote: »
    Not being funny but I doubt any company will deal with a product that's bought second hand

As I said before my only issue has been self inflicted.

Apple. Samsung. LG. HTC... Loads do. If you have the receipt which I do.

With OnePlus, amazingly the phone is associated with your store log in.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

Meanaspie wrote: »
    Cheers, so I assume there's nothing I can do then?

I re organised and backed up my contacts to my Google account and then used it as my contacts list on my phone. Set the main number on your contacts to their mobile number. This sorted it out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,504 ✭✭✭bbability

sham69 wrote: »

Any suggestions?
    thanks.

Check that you have correct APN settings from Tesco Mobile. Mine were set wrong on the sim and were s
    Defaulting to an old WAP service. Once I changed it to the correct setting its fine. 4G coverage is excellent around north Dublin on Meteor

bbability wrote: »
    I re organised and backed up my contacts to my Google account and then used it as my contacts list on my phone. Set the main number on your contacts to their mobile number. This sorted it out for me.

You've lost me, my contacts on my phone are pulled from my google account as it is

dmcg90 wrote: »
    Apple. Samsung. LG. HTC... Loads do. If you have the receipt which I do.

With OnePlus, amazingly the phone is associated with your store log in.

The worst customer service experience I've had was with Apple, horrible, horrible company, avoid

• Registered Users Posts: 7,645 ✭✭✭54and56

OK, I'm at my wits end with Lolipop. In particular I'm annoyed by the fact that to answer an incoming call I now have to figure out which of the 5 alerts on my home screen is the one for the ringing phone, then I have to double tap it to open the phone app and then I have to swipe the flashing phone icon to answer the call.

What the hell was wrong with just being able to swipe the ringing icon on the home screen as used to be the case? How on earth is making it more complex and requiring more steps to achieve an improvement of any sort?

Can anyone point me in the direction of being able to just have inbound calls pop up on the home screen and be able to answer or decline them with a simple single swipe?

Please help me before I lose my mind. This problem has really gotten under my skin - in case you hadn't noticed!!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,241 ✭✭✭god's toy

OK, I'm at my wits end with Lolipop. In particular I'm annoyed by the fact that to answer an incoming call I now have to figure out which of the 5 alerts on my home screen is the one for the ringing phone, then I have to double tap it to open the phone app and then I have to swipe the flashing phone icon to answer the call.

What the hell was wrong with just being able to swipe the ringing icon on the home screen as used to be the case? How on earth is making it more complex and requiring more steps to achieve an improvement of any sort?

Can anyone point me in the direction of being able to just have inbound calls pop up on the home screen and be able to answer or decline them with a simple single swipe?

Please help me before I lose my mind. This problem has really gotten under my skin - in case you hadn't noticed!!

I use 'Ready' does the job perfect for me.
    Get the app here:
    https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.ready.android

• Registered Users Posts: 1,314 ✭✭✭Brego888

Lads my battery has gone to pot over the last few days. Not even lasting a day now on full charge. It's overheating which I assume is the problem with battery drain. I had undated to lollipop a month ago with no problems until now.
    The overheating seemed to start when I was playing a game but I've deleted that a few days ago too.

I've shut done all unnecessary apps. Nothing is obviously draining the battery from an apps perspective. Any ideas on what wrong and how to fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 856 ✭✭✭rebeve

I switched to mokee , and my battery life has been restored .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,875 ✭✭✭deadanonymau5

Anyone here know how to get rid of the spottily album artwork from lock screen?

I use the free version of spotify and when I lock my phone the artwork is there, which isn't a problem. But when I close spottily (Holding the menu button and swiping it away), its still there?!

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭kellsred

The three hardware buttons on the front of my phone have just stopped working. Rebooted a few times but no joy. Have switched to software buttons, but would prefer the old way.
    Anyone come across this before?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

My Google Play Services Has Stopped Working error has gone into overdrive the last few days. Anyone know anything snout a fix?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,250 ✭✭✭✭Standard Toaster

My Google Play Services Has Stopped Working error has gone into overdrive the last few days. Anyone know anything snout a fix?

Girlfriend had to do a factory reset on her opo, seems to have sorted it now for her. Phone was going mental like yours.
    She's on 5.0.2, Cyanogen 12.0-YNG1TAS17L

Was having awful charging issues and battery issues too which seem to be sorted for now.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,641 ✭✭✭✭dahat

Reading this thread does not fill me with confidence on getting a handset.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

dahat wrote: »

Nothing wrong with the handset, Lollipop blows though!

dahat wrote: »

The vast majority of people are happy and never post to complain, this is mostly a support thread. Go to the Apple threads you'll find the same, people asking about issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,413 ✭✭✭EagererBeaver

Removed Device Manager's administration privileges to allow me to uninstall all updates to Play Services and then updated from the store and it appears to have done the trick. Had tried Factory Reset and it didn't work.

Battery is still shocking though compared to what it was when phone was released, even with Keep Awake and Wake Up turned off for apps. Last Cyanogen 11 update and CM12 have really buggered it.

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭HellboundIRL

Does anyone have the CM12.1 nightly from the 14th of May that they could upload? I'm stuck on the latest ones and they're full of random reboots. The links for all of the older builds are dead.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,309 ✭✭✭✭wotzgoingon

I'm on a version where they fixed the touchscreen issues and then took it down a day or two latter as people reported battery issues. (This is a nightly version)

I have no issues with it so I have not updated since then. if it ain't broke don't try to fix it.

Advertisement