Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How many gay people do you know?

Options
  • 16-05-2015 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,494 ✭✭✭

I was very bored and decided to count the number of people in my fb friends who are gay. I counted 73 out of 560 friends= 13% (i was surprised by how low that was) but this is skewed obviously because Im gay and I use gay sites so obviously thats why I know more.
    Excluding gay friends I made online or in gay clubs, as in openly gay people I would have met in normal daily life if I was otherwise straight, I know 4 lesbians, and 10 gay men = 14/560=2.5%. Im college aged and live in south dublin so I suppose that makes it higher than the amount the average person knows too.

Anyway, sorry if this is a boring topic for some haha but I find it interesting just seeing if people know many and how big our community is :p

Comments

too many to count

Between being in a mff relationship - working with Atheist Ireland - teaching meditation and capoeira - campaigning for gay rights - and more - I seem to be in a lot of gay social circles.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Think 9/10 of my friends are somewhere on LGBT to be honest.

• Registered Users Posts: 26,059 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

J_E wrote: »
    Think 9/10 of my friends are somewhere on LGBT to be honest.
    You need to get out more. ;)

Advertisement