Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

which gaming tablet?

Options
  • 28-04-2015 10:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭

So I'm looking into getting a gaming tablet but need a little guidance on which to pick.

I'm interested in the JAXS7800B, sounds perfect overall but just one or two things putting me off like the WiFi, what I've read is it seems to drop out a lot, and the charger which is not mini USB.

Then there is the Wikipad, bit more legit and is also a separate tablet from the controller. But not as powerful as the JXD.

anyone here have any experience with both? Which would you leaning more towards as they are both pretty much budget tablets compared to a lot of other overpriced gaming tablets out there.

Thanks for any advice given :)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,870 ✭✭✭✭Generic Dreadhead

You lost me at "Gaming Tablet" :pac:

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

What would you be using it for that a DS or a Vita wouldn't do - emulation?

Nvidia Shield is the best Android Gaming Tablet no?

That JAXS7800B is under-powered and you can't even charge without special charge cable....

Shield price probably dropping a bit at this stage. Buy cheap, buy twice.

http://www.trustedreviews.com/best-tablets_round-up_Page-5

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The Archos Gamepad 2 (not the original model which isn't good) is very cheap and quite good, had one before, got it for €99 in Maplin.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

One of the lads I work with has the Shield, he's very impressed with it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,276 ✭✭✭readyletsgo

The Archos Gamepad 2 (not the original model which isn't good) is very cheap and quite good, had one before, got it for €99 in Maplin.

What one is this?

• Registered Users Posts: 18,702 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

Buy an iPad mini.

Or save your money and get something decent.

What one is this?

getting a bit old at this stage....

http://www.techradar.com/reviews/pc-mac/tablets/archos-gamepad-2-1194557/review

The shield will be relevant for a couple of years (to end '16 at least) performance wise in terms of the most demanding new android games. And will handle emulation no issue up to ps1 / n64 / dreamcast gen.

Advertisement