Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gameweek 33 Matchday Thread.

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,224 ✭✭✭✭SantryRed

Courtois(MAN)
    Terry(MAN)-Bertrand(sto)-Dawson(pal)
    Mata(che)-Hazard(MAN)-Silva(WHU)-Eriksen(new)
    Kane(new)-Aguero(c)(WHU)-Murray(WBA)

Subs: Cork (lei)

Happy to have 12 and to have 3 already for the DGW. 2 Liverpool players incoming for next week. Think I'll be getting a decent score this week (jinxing myself).

• Registered Users Posts: 48,137 ✭✭✭✭km79

Myhill conceded 10 goals in his last 3 games, and are playing away to palace who have scored 8 in the last 3. Bookies have them at 25% chance of keeping a clean sheet

K Davis conceded 1 in his last 3, playing against Stoke who have scored 3 in the last 3. Bookies have them at 40% chance of a clean sheet.

Its far from a 50/50 call as I see it

I'll be VERY surprised if pulls has not gotten them back to basics this week in training. don't rule out a west from clean sheet........back to his old club wouldn't he just love it ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Neoulous wrote: »
    Yeah it makes sense in your case. But in mine I've no one to come in if Remy doesn't feature and one of my mid is Cork. And if Remy is really in trouble I've only one DGWer next week. Think I finally just made my mind up and will follow the "crowd" with Fab & Vardy.

That's the thing everyone's circumstances are different .

• Registered Users Posts: 22,517 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

km79 wrote: »
    I'll be VERY surprised if pulls has not gotten them back to basics this week in training. don't rule out a west from clean sheet........back to his old club wouldn't he just love it ;)

Was actually just thinking that...it would be just typical of Pulis to pull a clean sheet out of the bag.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,304 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Prodston

Myhill
    Cawson - Alderweireld - Coleman - Schlupp
    Silva - Hazard - Ameobi
    Kane - Pelle - Aguero (c)

Bench: ____________

No hit and hoping Ameobi gets some minutes as I couldn't decide who to go for. Miracles are needed....and needed badly!

• Advertisement

Myhill
    Cawson - Alderweireld - Coleman - Schlupp
    Silva - Hazard - Ameobi
    Kane - Pelle - Aguero (c)

Bench: ____________

No hit and hoping Ameobi gets some minutes as I couldn't decide who to go for. Miracles are needed....and needed badly!
    so you did sign pelle :D

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

I can see where your coming from and you could well be right.

But I think West Brom will get slaughtered if they park the bus, with the formation Palace are currently playing.

Murray, leaving his finishing aside, is a real nuisance to play against, I think a full match of balls going to him with 3 very pacy players running off him can only end in disaster. I'll be happy enough to hold my hands up and say I'm wrong as I do enjoy the Pulis teams keeping clean sheets but I defiantly think K Davis is a much better selection than Myhill this week

Scored a goal last week and everything for me :cool:

#IGotTheMagicTouch

#IHashtagGood

#PleaseHashtagResponsibly

But I think West Brom will get slaughtered if they park the bus, with the formation Palace are currently playing.

Murray, leaving his finishing aside, is a real nuisance to play against, I think a full match of balls going to him with 3 very pacy players running off him can only end in disaster. I'll be happy enough to hold my hands up and say I'm wrong as I do enjoy the Pulis teams keeping clean sheets but I defiantly think K Davis is a much better selection than Myhill this week
    I only have my hill so its more wishful thinking than belief! looking at the baggies fixtures though they REALLY need a point from this game minimum.
    Tony's cap has a plan !

Sold Boyd for Bolasie...cue a Bolasie blank and Boyd getting his customary goal when everyone is forced to play him.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

I only realised towards the middle of the week that he wasn't actually joking when he said it on here.

He did buy him.
    And then he got a goal!

That must go down as one of your moments of the season Mr P!

Clean sheet odds.
    WBA 3/1
    Soton 29/20

FHFC wrote: »
    I only realised towards the middle of the week that he wasn't actually joking when he said it on here.

He did buy him.
    And then he got a goal!

That must go down as one of your moments of the season Mr P!

Signing Pelle and him scoring 2 against Newcastle was probably a greater Pelle moment. I wasn't affected by his Winter curse so don't have any ill feelings towards the notorious BUIB :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Need to stop getting Driving Lessons on Saturday afternoons!

• Registered Users Posts: 11,553 ✭✭✭✭Copper_pipe

Closest Rival gone for a 4-5-1 , 4 point hit. Non Aguero owner and has captained baines. He needs Blackett to play to field 11

Next rival is only fielding 10 (Darren Gibson) non Aguero owner but has captained Silva.

I've Aguero captained so that could be a huge swing in the title race!

• Registered Users Posts: 22,249 ✭✭✭✭Lemlin

Neoulous wrote: »
    So you both reckon either Remy is OK or Fabregas and Vardy/Nugent are not worth bothering...

I wouldn't say that. My hope is that Remy will play out the remaining games because Chelsea will be coasting and Jose won't want to overly risk Costa.

I had no transfer to bring in a Leicester player. Don't think they are worth risking a -4 for.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,341 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

davis
    berty - rose - terry
    fab - haz - silva - eriksen
    aguero(c) - vardy(vc) - kane

FHFC wrote: »
    4 point lead for ya in the h2h....I'm in full scale 'cunning plan' mode, can't help myself!!

Myhill,
    Wolly, Terry, Bertrand
    Hazard, Fabregas, Bolasie, Mane, Eriksen
    Aguero (c), Kane

cunning_plan.png

Our pal Edgbaston brought in Lukaku as a 1 wk punt before he wildcards. A very clever move.

Bolasie better not have a repeat performance this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

World No. 1 brought in Yaya guess that means he is wildcarding for the DGW Imagine being number 1 by 25 points and being the only one really in contention to have your WC left. Must be nice.

• Advertisement

Brave man. Depends which Yaya shows up...the beast who's up for it or the one who strolls around the pitch not giving a fcuk.

Our pal Edgbaston brought in Lukaku as a 1 wk punt before he wildcards. A very clever move.

Indeed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,747 ✭✭✭Ziegler1988

Schmeichel
    Terry Clyne Wolly
    Hazard Silva Mane Eriksen
    Aguero(c) Vardy Kane

I would do dirty things for a 1-1 in Palace v WBA with McArthur scoring

Bolasie better not have a repeat performance this week.

He has 7 goals in 100 league games for palace. 4 in 99 before last week.

So you're saying he's due!

jimmii wrote: »
    So you're saying he's due!

The other way of looking at it is he has 3 goals in his last one

• Registered Users Posts: 642 ✭✭✭CrabieCrawford

I was looking it at that way too, until i seen a comparison between him and puncheon somewhere. Bolasie for the last 4-5 weeks seems to have had a lot of touches inside the box, shots inside the box and chances created etc. He has either scored or assisted 7 of palaces last 11 goals, so although he may not get a hat trick again, he has big potential if played in the same position.

I'll try and find where i read it

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Paddy_Irishman

Myhill
    Rose jag Clyne
    Hazard fab Silva Ericksen
    Aguero Kane remy

Puncheon on bench as only sub if remy doesn't start!

Then it's wildcard time next week! Lots seem to be goin for bolasie, have to hope the opposite as a puncheon owner!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,088 ✭✭✭Nib

Speroni
    Cresswell Lescott Terry Bertrand
    Hazard Eriksen Silva
    Aguero (c) Kane Vardy

Sub Downing

A 0-0 in the Palace v WBA game would be a delight.

• Advertisement

The other way of looking at it is he has 3 goals in his last one

Or you could say he's a mid with 3 in 4 that's some solid form :pac:

Advertisement