Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HKC Securewatch programming

Options
  • 13-04-2015 9:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Hi folks,
    I was wondering if anyone could help me out with a couple of problems I have,I'm an electrician & I installed my own alarm about 7 yrs ago,I've now added a small extension to my house & need to add an extra zone consisting of 2 new windows.I've no problem with the wiring end of things but for the life of me cannot remember how to program a zone in to the keypad,could any one give some help here?
    Also can I change a door contact to a PIR so long as there enough cables at that point & if so do I need to change that in the program also .
    Any help would be appreciated
    Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 855 ✭✭✭Evolution1

If youve a spare zone on the panel wire the window sensors into each zone or loop them. Go into engineer mode > press # to move to zones > yes> choose zone names by pressing yes > type in the name and press 0 to get a space > press yes then press quit till zone menu shows. Zones 2-12 are set to alarm by default.
    For the PIR scroll to zone options and set PGA to NO and only set ACCESS to yes if you pass this detector when the entry/exit time is counting down. Setting PGA to no will bypass the PIR for nighttime.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kjd13

Thanks,
    I'll have a look over the weekend

• Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

If this is just one cable then you could also use id sensors. These can be PIRs plus sensors on windows/doors up to a maximum of 10 on a point id zone. The sensors would need to be point id sensors to do this.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 kjd13

Thanks Altor,
    I don't have any experience with Id sensors,would I be right if I said they were wired as standard sensors but the programming would be different in the keypad ?
    I have'nt touched the system since I installed so just trying to get my head round everything again !

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Point ID sensors are wired differently. There is power and data connections all wired in parallel.
    From my experience of them over the years I would advise against using them.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,656 ✭✭✭✭altor

kjd13 wrote: »
    Thanks Altor,
    I don't have any experience with Id sensors,would I be right if I said they were wired as standard sensors but the programming would be different in the keypad ?
    I have'nt touched the system since I installed so just trying to get my head round everything again !

Very simple to use. I use them a lot with no issues.

They are great for breaking up a loop into different types or detectors.
    E.g. you could have windows with different settings, entry/exit points, panics and PIRs on the one cable up to a maximum of 10 on a point id zone.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 haropojj

Hi, I know the engineer code and want to change the "Part Set A or B".
    I'm not familiar with the engineer menu structure.
    I want to either add 2 more PIR zones to Part set A or create a whole new Part Set B with 3 PIR zones?
    Detailed step through or link to engineer manual or something would be of great help.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

Goto engineer
    Zones
    Zone options
    Zone number
    Set PGA to yes for any zone you want excluded for part set A
    Set PGB to yes for any zone you want excluded for part set B.
    I will PM you the manual as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 5 haropojj

KoolKid wrote: »
    Goto engineer
    Zones
    Zone options
    Zone number
    Set PGA to yes for any zone you want excluded for part set A
    Set PGB to yes for any zone you want excluded for part set B.
    I will PM you the manual as well.

Thanks, was able to change the part set and having it doing what I want now.

Advertisement