Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help with ring spec

Options
  • 29-03-2015 7:41am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭

Does the below sound like a "good" spec for a ring? I would love to push the boat out but I am starting a new business this year and moving continent so I am not exactly rolling in it.

"Diamond – 1.00 carat – Round Brilliant – VS2 – F
    Side diamonds – 0.30 carat total approx. – Round Brilliant – VS-SI – F-G"

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,260 ✭✭✭✭fits

Eh yeah !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,799 ✭✭✭Jude13

I just had a chat with a pal and he advised me to opt for a .75 or .85 instead of the 1 carat as it doesnt make much difference to the eye but will mean I may be able to pay for a better stone. what do you guys and gals think?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,260 ✭✭✭✭fits

Vs2 is plenty good for a brilliant cut. And f is decent colour. In my opinion of course.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,652 ✭✭✭CaraMay

Jude13 wrote: »
    I just had a chat with a pal and he advised me to opt for a .75 or .85 instead of the 1 carat as it doesnt make much difference to the eye but will mean I may be able to pay for a better stone. what do you guys and gals think?

I think the one you have quoted is perfect and anything over 1 carat holds its value better.

Cheers for the replies. It is a round stone with stones around it, she watsapp'd me a pick yonks ago so I am basing it on that one.

Just trying to keep the cost down a bit and 1) she'll kill me 2) means more money for our new place when we move

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭Daisy 55

If you can get a tiny bit under 1 carat, sometimes makes a big difference in the cost.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,527 ✭✭✭wandererz

Compare the price you are getting to the similar spec on BlueNile.

Perhaps also look at slightly smaller but VS1 or VVS2.

I will be buying it in Dubai so Im hoping to get a good deal. Most of my mates have bought from this specific jeweler and are coming with me in a few months to help guilt them into a big discount.

Hope the shop begins with C. They are very good.

Shop behind?? I don't know Dubai very well, I don't live in the UAE. But the shop does begin with a C alright.

• Advertisement

Jude13 wrote: »
    Shop behind?? I don't know Dubai very well, I don't live in the UAE. But the shop does begin with a C alright.

I meant to say its begins with C.I've stuff from there - all good.

Advertisement