Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Butch Paugh has bought his plane ticket

Options
  • 16-03-2015 2:57pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭

He will arrive in Dublin on April 28th and he plans to travel all 26 counties to warn people against same sex marriage and against lgbt people in general. He believes lgbt people should be put to death or put in prison for life if their country doesn't have the death penalty.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

It'll be a wasted journey for him. Irish people don't take very kindly to foreigners telling us what to do with our country.

• Registered Users Posts: 40,815 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

He will arrive in Dublin on April 28th and he plans to travel all 26 counties to warn people against same sex marriage and against lgbt people in general. He believes lgbt people should be put to death or put in prison for life if their country doesn't have the death penalty.

Got a link?

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dom Phil Cobe

pastorbutch. net is his website.

He broadcasts on GCN radio

Ahahahahahahaha

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

pastorbutch. net is his website.

A link to the news he is coming to Ireland?

Terry Pratchet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

I actually can't wait for this guy to arrive, he's going to be ripped to shreds by the media and equality advocates. Has he been invited by anyone or coming on his own steam?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭Dom Phil Cobe

eviltwin wrote: »
    Has he been invited by anyone or coming on his own steam?

He said on his radio program that God has personally told him to

No link then?

Terry Pratchet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

Not seeing this anywhere in news - you got a source

A crazy American religious nut won't get much traction here from either side...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

J_E wrote: »
    Not seeing this anywhere in news - you got a source

A crazy American religious nut won't get much traction here from either side...

Sure you never know!!! They need a balanced opinion for every discussion on SSM. Sure Una Mullaly from the Irish Times was told she couldnt discuss her book on the history of Homosexuality, without an opposing party present. This was due to the fact a SSM referendum was coming up, but wasnt even declared.

I say Butch might make it to a primetime debate for a 'balanced debate'.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 26,059 ✭✭✭✭Peregrinus

hfallada wrote: »
    I say Butch might make it to a primetime debate for a 'balanced debate'.
    Well, that would be fun.

But, no. If the Iona Institute have the traction to get themselves onto every programme, panel discussion, debate, etc, then they will also have the traction to keep him off. And they will certainly use it. He would be a gift to the marriage equality campaign.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,734 ✭✭✭J_E

hfallada wrote: »
    Sure you never know!!! They need a balanced opinion for every discussion on SSM. Sure Una Mullaly from the Irish Times was told she couldnt discuss her book on the history of Homosexuality, without an opposing party present. This was due to the fact a SSM referendum was coming up, but wasnt even declared.
    Now really, the most he'll appear on is a radio show - most people are very aware these religious fanatics have lost the plot a bit. Una is exaggerating by the way - she got to talk about it plenty.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,905 ✭✭✭Aard

I'm pretty sure a TD recently said that the BAI ruling was incorrectly interpreted/explained by RTE and that it's not required to have opposing views present at every single debate or interview. I think it was Varadkar who said it, but I'm not 100%.

Print media does not have to balanced. Only television or radion broadcasts do.

Terry Pratchet

Aard wrote: »
    I'm pretty sure a TD recently said that the BAI ruling was incorrectly interpreted/explained by RTE and that it's not required to have opposing views present at every single debate or interview. I think it was Varadkar who said it, but I'm not 100%.

Yes. The BAI clarified it themselves as well. It depenfs on the nature of the programme and sometimes a host just saying "well others disagree with you because xyz" is counted as balance

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users Posts: 11,843 ✭✭✭✭PopePalpatine

I'd say his family tree is more incestuous than the Habsburgs' and the Targaryens' combined.

Advertisement