Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Edinburgh University

Options
  • 12-01-2015 3:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭

Would be grateful for any advice here. My son (Irish citizen) is going doing a Masters at above next Sept. Just wondering what is the best way to fund this, he is looking at approx 20,000 which includes accommodation etc. Have no experience in this field and would really appreciate if anyone has any information on how we (parents) can help out here. We will have to get a loan.

Thanks

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,288 ✭✭✭pow wow

Thread moved to NI & GB Colleges

I'm not exactly sure what your question is - a loan would be the only way I could think of funding the study from your perspective. I presume your son has looked into any bursaries the university may offer? An alternative may be to do the Masters part-time over two years so he can work part-time aswell, but that might not be how he wants to do things. Kudos to you for helping out :)

• Registered Users Posts: 88 ✭✭Snowshower

Thanks for the reply....well what I was wondering/hoping that someone who studied there had any advice.... Sorry about the way it was phrased... Heard some bits n pieces like grants etc. he applied for scholarship but he not too hopeful.

Guess he will have to find some info himself (away doing a bit of a world travel at moment)......that's the good life...

Thanks again....

Advertisement