Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Public transport to Ballybrit Business park from Renmore

Options
  • 10-03-2015 10:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭

Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how to effectively get to Ballybrit Business Park, from Renmore ( Dun na mara)

How is the fastest way to get there? Any shortcuts?

Many thanks in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,689 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

A few options, none of them really good.

The HP factory bus (http://www.galwaytransport.info/2011/01/ballybrit-industrial-estate-factory-run.html) goes up the Dublin Rd as far as Michael Collins Rd, and then turns left and and ends up right in the estate outside HP, across the road from Boston Scientific. But:
    - it only goes once a day, and the timing is a bit variable so it can be hard to know if you've missed it.
    - Occasionally the driver goes a different route. (This used to be about 30% of the time, but in the last year or so has happened a lot less often.)

The next option is to walk down to Wellpark, and catch the 403 bus up as far as the Eircom building, and it's a 5-15 (depending on your speed) walk from there. NB it's a short bus trip, many fast walkers would see it as hardly worth it to wait for the bus. The only good thing is that the NTA real-time bus app does seem to have actual real-time data for route 403, so you can know if the bus is close.

The painful-but-less-walking option is to catch the 402 bus in to Eyre Square, and the 405-Ballybane bus - it ends at the entrance to the business park. If you are going to do this, then a daily (if not weekly or monthly) bus ticket is required.

The Ballybrit Neighbourhood Map (http://www.galwaytransport.info/2010/01/ballybrit-area-includes-ballybane.html) gives you an idea of the overall area.

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭tmh106

Vrinda wrote: »
    Hi,

Can anyone please let me know how to effectively get to Ballybrit Business Park, from Renmore ( Dun na mara)

How is the fastest way to get there? Any shortcuts?

Many thanks in advance!

Walk. Seriously. It can't be more than 30 minutes from Dun Na Mara. Or cycle.

tmh

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Vrinda

Thanks, dont know where Eircom is, was trying to locate the route for 403 bus. Thanks again for the map link

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

3km 12min

youth-cyclist-cartoon.gif

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 31,117 ✭✭✭✭snubbleste

So, eh how'd ye get on?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭Vrinda

I'd taken a cab in morning, it was pricey but reached on time. And then on return was easy to just catch the bus to center. I've been cycling a few times also on other parts of city.

Advertisement