Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Colleges of Further Education with the best links/reputation with HEIs?

Options
  • 02-03-2015 12:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭

Just wondering which colleges had the best reputation and/or links with Higher Education Institutes?

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭katydid

Just wondering which colleges had the best reputation and/or links with Higher Education Institutes?

It depends where you want to go. There are general links, but specific links tend to be developed locally, so FE colleges in Cork have links with CIT, FE colleges in Waterford with WIT etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

katydid wrote: »
    It depends where you want to go. There are general links, but specific links tend to be developed locally, so FE colleges in Cork have links with CIT, FE colleges in Waterford with WIT etc.

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking to get into Social Care in DIT through a FETAC course. How would I check which colleges have specific links to DIT? Is there a databse or do I just have to ring them or something?

Thanks for the reply. I'm looking to get into Social Care in DIT through a FETAC course. How would I check which colleges have specific links to DIT? Is there a databse or do I just have to ring them or something?

I think you'd have to ring/e-mail them them, or check out their websites.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ToodlyWoodly

Hi. I'm looking to do the same. From the research I've done Whitehall have a plc called Community Care and Dunboyne have one called Applied Social Studies. Both of these satisfy the fetac links for DCU. If you go to qualifax.ie and look up the social care course in DCU it will tell you what Fetac qualifications are suitable. You'll need to get in touch with plc colleges soon though as first round of interviews have already been completed.

• Registered Users Posts: 69 ✭✭Flight From Death

Hi. I'm looking to do the same. From the research I've done Whitehall have a plc called Community Care and Dunboyne have one called Applied Social Studies. Both of these satisfy the fetac links for DCU. If you go to qualifax.ie and look up the social care course in DCU it will tell you what Fetac qualifications are suitable. You'll need to get in touch with plc colleges soon though as first round of interviews have already been completed.

Thanks but I knew that. I was just wondering if there was a preference given to certain colleges i.e. specific links. I rang DIT and they told me they had no specific links, just the regular links you were referring to.

• Advertisement

Thanks but I knew that. I was just wondering if there was a preference given to certain colleges i.e. specific links. I rang DIT and they told me they had no specific links, just the regular links you were referring to.

It depends on individual colleges. Some have direct links, some don't. You just have to check.

• Registered Users Posts: 40 ToodlyWoodly

Ah ok. Thanks for heads up about links. Hadn't thought of them maybe having specific ones.

Advertisement