Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

history prediction

Options
  • 07-06-2003 10:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭

Parnell In A
    Blueshirts (Definately)in Section B
    Lenin In Section C

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 187 ✭✭Quball15

how do you know definately....would save lots of work.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

thats about right, except i wouldn't be so sure about lenin. try france:scandals and instabilities 1870-1914 for section C.

section D: definately some aspect of fascism. maybe hitler foreign policy as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,329 ✭✭✭radiospan

im very confident. nothing is certain in this life however. have a back up of economy and foreign policy.

I fancy khruschev in D

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Why do you say Blueshirts? Its so small i doubt it would be there..

/me goes to find Blueshirts essay.

Also, your going on Lenin in C cos the Tzar's where there last year? Though i ust study Parnell and French 3rd.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

This is what i am doing what do u think?

A: Constructive Ununism
    B: Inter-Party
    C: Bismarck (Scary 'cause now i think he'll be in E)
    D: Britain '45 - '66
    E: Special Topic

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Blueshirts and lenin were both done at a history seminar i was at so was the french third republic(which you should do anyway as its very easy).I presume the people that were running it are all teachers and can give a good guess as to whats coming up.

Im gonna study those topics anyway but im not gonna limit myself to them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 655 ✭✭✭Raggamuffin

A- Parnell (possible Isaac butt comparasion
    B- First and Second inter party governments
    C- Third French republic or imperialism
    D- cold war up to krushkev and mussolini

• Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭DSMe

hmmm ....

A : Parnell , Gladstone
    B : Fianna Fail , Inter Party
    C : Bismark , 3rd French Rep (anyone else think the commune will come up this year?)
    D : Cold War , European Unity , Hitler

I have full essays prepared in : Land Purchase , Gladstone , Parnell , Inter Party , 3rd French Rep , Bismark , Cold War and Hitler internal and Anglo -German relations (William II)

Im worried that i do not have enough done to get an A in this exam .. i might cover some facism tomorrow ... what else do u think i should have done? I REALLY NEED THIS A NOW I SCREWD UP ME MATHS!!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,835 ✭✭✭StickyMcGinty

A: Parnell , definatly. There was war when he didnt appear last year

B: Fianna Fáil and Blueshirts : i have a lotta notes on the Blueshirts but they rarely come up

C: 3rd French, Bismarck one of these are guaraunteed

D:Mussolini or Hitlers foreign policies. and Cold War is due a showin both very easy!

Hopfully it will be a straight forward paper, with the questions not limiting me to 5 or 6 pages, like "Bismarks domestic policies" or " Bismarks term from 1871 " which doesnt include Franco prussian war. Question on european unity is NOT about cold war, cause 33% of the people who did this question last year got no marks cause they wrote about the Cold war.

Any more thoughts?

I want to know what u all think will come up in section E , as i do not have a research topic done ... btw if anyone has a good special topic i can use i would appreciate it v much (and will repay u for ur help ;) )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,181 ✭✭✭✭Jim

prediction? ill fail. theres ur prediction.

A : Home Rule
    B : Northern Ireland
    C : Bismarck
    D : Imperialism/Colonisation

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭Celtic Tiger

What county are you in DSMe?

• Registered Users Posts: 20,617 ✭✭✭✭PHB

Personally my big 8 topics that im preparing really reallly well are :

Gladstone
    Parnell[But its going to be a icky question]

Dev [Gona be a icky question]
    InterParties

France
    Bismark[Gona be a icky question]

Cold War + Europeon Unity
    Hitler + Mussolini[Gona be a icky combined question after last years beautys]

Jesus christ DSme, find one asap, question E could be such horrible questions!!!

Maybe someone you know did it last year, find it and learn it off!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,114 ✭✭✭Kappar

What do we think of Constuctive Unionism for a really well learned and Cultural Nationalism as a backup for part A?

Hey Celtic , I am in Donegal... i dont know anyone who did it last year who did a research topic (everyone i know did pass) ... god i really need one to , i have been tryin real hard to find one recently but im just havin no luck...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 429 ✭✭ella minnow pea

ok everyone lets just post up all the topics we got on our mock papers yeah, that should be a good indicator

me being the genius i am i dont have the paper :rolleyes: but the followin qs are the ones i did:

A: Contrasting Butt (heh heh...butt) and parny
    B: inter-party gov. sucesses and failures
    C: France 3rd Republic (problems n dat)
    D: Reasons for the rise of facism

ye'll all be grand anyway. sure theres always dat brazilian commune idea

• Registered Users Posts: 1,345 ✭✭✭Squall

Found an excellent link with a fair few Irish and European sample essays and a rundown of past questions on all the different topics

http://www.geocities.com/Athens/Cyprus/1169/history/history.html

Its a bit old. Only goes as far as 1998. But hey the essays are still relative.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

Try the Austro Hungry empire section if you got time. It used to come up quite often I was hoping it would come up last year it didnt. I was lucky though :) Cant remember what else came up in section C but I was capable of giving a good answer :)

AH is quite short :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

MY best possible outcome would be

A. Ulsters opposition to home rule
    B. Devalera
    C.Stalin before WWI
    D.Mussolini

• Advertisement

Not actually in the book but thats just a combination of early germany, early italy and the eastern question, not bad at all

• Registered Users Posts: 2,241 ✭✭✭Funkstard

I'm thinking of doing history for the leavin cert, would you recommend it w/ regards to the workload and stuff. BTW, i like history alot, i just find it interesting

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,450 ✭✭✭AngelofFire

Id say if you find it interesting its worth the effort. but otherwise i wouldnt recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,598 ✭✭✭ferdi

i'm totally bricking it for history, i need a C3...i'll get that...right?:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 4,276 ✭✭✭damnyanks

There is a new history course coming in. Supposidly less questions or whatever and if that is the case then it seems like a better choice :) History was the only exam I saw everyone stay for the whole test (3hours ?) regardless of there ability!

If you do a decent special topic and a bit of reading (Which can be interesting alot of the time :)) then it is also a subject you can expect a half decent mark from.

how long is it per ques?? 40 mins??
    jebus im so screwed 2moro....... also probably dead in history

40 minutes a question.
    3 minutes to plan,
    37 minutes to write.
    8 paragraphs
    4 paragraphs a minute :)

Believe you can do it and you can do it :)

FOUR PARAGRAPHS A MINUTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i assume thats wrong or else i really am dead....

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭Tazzle

he meant 4 minutes a paragraph not 4 paragraphs a minute :)

• Advertisement

o thank gawd :rolleyes: im stoopid

any of ye doing stalin? im just doing aspects of fasicm, easons for its rise, musso and hitler, is that too little?

o and is 3 pages nough for a special topic?

Advertisement