Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Postgraduate Diploma in Applied Social Studies in Trinity

Options
  • 05-08-2014 12:32pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Has anyone got accepted onto this course? Also, can anyone please advise me on career opportunities other than progression to the MA in Social Work?! I would appreciate any thoughts or advice. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pmono

Hi,

Did you apply for the course?! Im also looking for some advice on it!

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

Hi there you'll need to look into this more. I thought this would qualify me as a social care worker but it doesn't. Would be great if it was a stepping stone to social work masters though but I'm not sure if it is...

To work as a social care worker you need to be registered the same as a nurse so I don't know what opportunities career wise this course would offer

• Registered Users Posts: 24 pmono

I did some research and it will qualify you as a social care worker. Most social care worker jobs ask for a degree in social care or equivalent! Also because it is a level 9 degree it would be a stepping stone into the social work masters. I'm guessing it would also help for career progression within the social care sector etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 801 ✭✭✭frillyleaf

I would double check this as I'm certain it does not qualify you as a social care worker.

Social care workers need to be registered similar to the way nurses register.

I genuinely can't see how an online course would enable someone to qualify as a social care worker. Any social care worker courses or conversion courses have approximately 800 hours of placements in social care settings.

I would ask for it to be confirmed in writing that this course is recognised by the relevant body that will be responsible for registration of social care workers...

The college should be able to tell you if it is a conversion course if you want to become a social worker...

• Registered Users Posts: 814 ✭✭✭saggycaggy

Hi-has anyone else applied for this course or have done this course previously?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 Treetop1

Hi, I'm registered to start this course in September also, would be great to see how people who have just completed it found it/ got on.

Advertisement