Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Staffie dog hogtied and cooked alive over a fire at The Curragh

Options
  • 29-01-2015 1:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭

Just came across this story from the Journal.

Fair warning, he's cleaned up and alive in the photos so it's nothing graphic but it still isn't a pretty sight.

I'm not normally one for "I'd kill him" posts, but as the owner of a lovely Staffie who got an extra cuddle from me tonight when I read this, if I ever got my hands on the person who did this he'd have to be reassembled by air crash investigators.

:mad:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Shouldn't that be 'dogtied'?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,730 ✭✭✭Sheep Lover

Hotdogs anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Honestly I'm more worried than angry when I read stories like this. Psychopathic serial killers usually start off with animals and progress to humans. It takes a seriously damaged mind to cause something like this and god only knows what this person will do next.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Honestly I'm more worried than angry when I read stories like this. Psychopathic serial killers usually start off with animals and progress to humans. It takes a seriously damaged mind to cause something like this and god only knows what this person will do next.

Whoever did this is a danger to the community and needs to be locked up for the good of it - either in a jail or a mental asylum

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

Yeah, read that earlier, heartbreaking that there are dickheads like that breathing the same air as the rest of us.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭percy212

I can't look. Is the dog alive?

And whoever did that to a dog needs to be locked up forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,723 ✭✭✭MightyMandarin

Foxhound38 wrote: »
    Whoever did this is a danger to the community and needs to be locked up for the good of it - either in a jail or a mental asylum

Preferrably a mental hospital. A person like this needs serious help and simply throwing them in a cell will do nothing. Having said that, there are some people who can never be helped.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,299 ✭✭✭✭The Backwards Man

percy212 wrote: »
    Na, lived for a while but it's insides were cooked, poor wee mite.:(

• Registered Users Posts: 4,056 ✭✭✭Sparks43

A bit woof to be sure

Jesus. The bastards.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 703 ✭✭✭Honey Monster

Yeah, the puns are really funny in this instance lads... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,340 ✭✭✭deco nate

Sparks43 wrote: »
    A bit woof to be sure

Fook off, was it you that did it?
    Not funny at all!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,328 ✭✭✭conorh91

It's horrible if it's true.

The dog was certainly tied up, but do we really know this is the unusual punishment that was inflicted on him? Is it possible he was tied up and dumped near a fire? That he passed out with hypothermia? His injuries don't look nearly serious enough to actually have been hogroasted. There seems to be very little burned hair on the sides. Even if he were tied up, he would be able to trash and wrestle, why did so much of his skin avoid burns?

Something about this story doesn't seem right. The Journal are basing everything on the account of a volunteer, the Vet's opinion is coming to us third-hand.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,547 ✭✭✭Foxhound38

Yeah, he's alive in the pictures and they aren't graphic

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

He didn't make it.

How can you watch a dog or any animal whimpering in pain as you torture it. It takes a real psychopath.

As it was dying at the vets, it didn't have any hate towards humans, he was licking the vets or nurses hand.

Had me in tears.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

C'mon, that's honestly not even enough when you think about it. The kind of person capable of doing something like this is beyond help and should just be put down altogether.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,541 ✭✭✭RobYourBuilder

There are some sick sadistic f*cks out there that get off on this. Anyone that does something like this to a defenseless animal, is deranged and should be treated accordingly. A lot will eventually move onto physically harming human beings.

Poor pooch.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,808 ✭✭✭893bet

Sadly, the little Staffie passed away today, despite the veterinary team doing everything they could to save him. At the end, all they could do was make him comfortable.

Sounds like bull**** story. He would have been put down immediately.

I would of course prefer to beat that person to a pulp, but in order to avoid prison myself, locking them up and throwing away the key would suffice.
    C'mon, that's honestly not even enough when you think about it. The kind of person capable of doing something like this is beyond help and should just be put down altogether.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

Yeah, the puns are really funny in this instance lads... :rolleyes:

Checking back every few minutes to count their thanks..

This is not what Cloudwarrior intended.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 449 ✭✭Tearin It Up

And these type of dogs get a reputation for being vicious.

Its the humans that are vicious.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,526 ✭✭✭Slicemeister

893bet wrote: »

Sounds like bull**** story. He would have been put down immediately.

That's what I would've thought too. Not the big picture here though.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,361 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

I read about this earlier, I hate animal cruelty.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

Should we start sending anyone who swats a fly or steps on a spider to prison for life too?

Whoever did this should be given a fine, community service and counselling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,358 ✭✭✭Into The Blue

K4t wrote: »
    Should we start sending anyone who swats a fly or steps on a spider to prison for life too?

No, start with people who torture animals.
    Something tells me this lad has seen his fair share of councilors.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭CaptainInsano

Simple minded comparison.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,362 ✭✭✭K4t

No, start with people who torture animals.
    Something tells me this lad has seen his fair share of councilors.
    No, force them to undergo a full psychological assessment and give them counselling. And fine them.
    Simple minded comparison.
    Simple minded is sending a person to prison for life for physical abuse of an animal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

If that story is accurate, the Gardai should pour a lot of resources and effort into finding the culprit. I know it'd never happen, but I'd like it to be treated as serious as a murder case to find this 'person'.

As vile and sickening a crime I've read about in a long time. If somebody is capable of that, they're a real threat to society.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,832 ✭✭✭✭Blatter

No, force them to undergo a full psychological assessment and give them counselling. And fine them.

Simple minded is sending a person to prison for life for physical abuse of an animal.
    This wouldn't be a case of physical abuse though, it's sadistic torture resulting in death.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 596 ✭✭✭The other fella

Whats simple minded about that?If it was a person that he had hog tied and roasted alive would you want him locked up?

Animals feel pain just like humans do.If tough sentencing can prevent cruelty to them then its what should be done.

Im not a tree hugger type, but mindless cruelty like that is inexcusable.

Advertisement