Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Logitech G27 Thread

Options
  • 20-12-2014 4:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭

Hey guys, I don't see any specific thread for this so maybe a good idea to set one up?

I only got my G27 today. So far loving it :D

I'm trying to get best settings for all games. Have got Euro Truck Simulator 2 setup I think I'm happy with at least :) followed this YouTube video and then put whatever keys I wanted my lights etc. personally.

I'm now trying to get Assetto Corsa settings right and can't seem to get it just right....

I can't even seem to get the gear stick to work yet in AC. What settings have you guys got for this game and other games?

Also my LED rev indicator doesn't work in any games so far?

I have the latest driver installed. Any help would be appreciated and please share your setups :D
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

MiskyBoyy wrote: »
    Also my LED rev indicator doesn't work in any games so far?

I know for rFactor at least, you needed a plug-in to get them to show up. Only remembering that now upon seeing your post as I had to add it myself after a recent clean sweep of my computer hard drive and having to re-install everything back onto it.

Haven't tried them as of yet with ETS2 (swiped it up when it was irresistibly cheap in the Steam sale there a few days ago) but a quick google about it and the game brought up this thread here about getting a plug-in to make it work for you.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,798 ✭✭✭MiskyBoyy

racersedge wrote: »
    I know for rFactor at least, you needed a plug-in to get them to show up. Only remembering that now upon seeing your post as I had to add it myself after a recent clean sweep of my computer hard drive and having to re-install everything back onto it.

Haven't tried them as of yet with ETS2 (swiped it up when it was irresistibly cheap in the Steam sale there a few days ago) but a quick google about it and the game brought up this thread here about getting a plug-in to make it work for you.

Oh nice one cheers. Yeah the only game it worked off the bat in so far was F1 2013 and that also happened to be the most realistic and most immersive for me so far. I ****ing love this wheel :D

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

I use a G27 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 too and love it :) And looking to buy a cheap copy of Assetto Corsa

• Registered Users Posts: 536 ✭✭✭racersedge

I use a G27 for Euro Truck Simulator 2 too and love it :) And looking to buy a cheap copy of Assetto Corsa

You missed it on a bit of a sale on Steam last week. Mind you, it was still around the 25 quid mark (give or take.. exact price escapes me). Was high enough for me to not get it knowing I'm committed to at least one final season of racing rFactor online. Barely have the time to do that let alone commit to another sim!

Assetto Corsa was 50% off, about €22.60 or something. I was playing my friends copy through steam family sharing before that. Went ahead and bought it during the sale. The G27 is fantastic. It makes me feel so much more involved in games and more realistic than just using a controller. I love it. I never would have bought games like Assetto Corsa before getting the G27 tbh :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

I'm at a bit of crossroads with regards to racing wheels at the moment . I've been racing Forza motorsport online on the 360 for a good few years now using my trusty Fanatec Turbo-S and Clubsports.
    Even though it's cross platform it won't work on my newly acquired PS4.
    I've been itching to get into AC since I heard about it, it looks great. I might try and find a high quality Logitec wheel that'll work on both the PC and PS4 for GT7 when it comes out in 20 or so years time!
    I love online racing, there's nothing better than going door to door in a good clean race.

I'm at a bit of crossroads with regards to racing wheels at the moment . I've been racing Forza motorsport online on the 360 for a good few years now using my trusty Fanatec Turbo-S and Clubsports.
    Even though it's cross platform it won't work on my newly acquired PS4.
    I've been itching to get into AC since I heard about it, it looks great. I might try and find a high quality Logitec wheel that'll work on both the PC and PS4 for GT7 when it comes out in 20 or so years time!
    I love online racing, there's nothing better than going door to door in a good clean race.

The G27 is compatible with PC, PS2 & PS3. I'm surprised they haven't added PS4 compatibility for it yet...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,491 ✭✭✭Titzon Toast

From what I've gathered, no wheel that worked on the PS3 or the 360 will ever work on their next gen counterparts.
    I live in hope that this proves incorrect though!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,010 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

The G27 is compatible with PC, PS2 & PS3. I'm surprised they haven't added PS4 compatibility for it yet...

It would be amazing if they added ps4 support, I cant see it happening though anytime soon.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 14,685 Mod ✭✭✭✭Dcully

Dusted off my G25 tonight after a period where i didnt have room on PC desk.
    Itching to get back into assetto corsa,Game Stock Car and truck simulator but the wheel seems to be dead :(
    Pedals and shifter are fine but the wheel is dead, gutted to say the least.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 864 ✭✭✭Kxiii

It would be amazing if they added ps4 support, I cant see it happening though anytime soon.

From what I've been reading, its got to do with both new systems needing security chips in controllers to properly pair with them.

I think the g27 has some functionality with project cars but you can't navigate menus and the ps button doesn't work. Logitec don't seem to have plans to release a new wheel anytime soon.

Fanatec recently announced a licensing deal with MS where they'll release an Xbox one compatible wheel for one of their clubsport wheelbases. So at least any existing Fanatec pedals and shifters will eventually work with the XB1. Unfortunately the compatible wheel base is around €600 and then you'll have the cost of the wheel on top of that.

Link

Bought a new G27 and wow Assetto Corsa with G27 is insane fun :)

Dcully wrote:
    Bought a new G27 and wow Assetto Corsa with G27 is insane fun 

How much you pay for G27?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Dcully wrote: »
    Bought a new G27 and wow Assetto Corsa with G27 is insane fun :)
    The new RUF should give the wheel a good workout.

€220 in PC World, epic bargain imo, had none in my local at Naas but Carlow had 4 left this morning.

@ Scumlord, yeah it will but i cant stop driving the Mazda 787B , holy hell its a beast,added a video to vids section of one of my first few laps :P

€220 in PC World, epic bargain imo, had none in my local at Naas but Carlow had 4 left this morning.

@ Scumlord, yeah it will but i cant stop driving the Mazda 787B , holy hell its a beast,added a video to vids section of one of my first few laps :P

Good price considering I payed about 360 for it off komplett or dabs in late 2012.

Good price considering I payed about 360 for it off komplett or dabs in late 2012.

Yeah that is a very good price for it and especially a bricks and mortar store.

I was going to get it there before Christmas when it was 250 but it wasn't in stock in my local store. Ended up getting it off Amazon.fr for €197 so wasn't too bad :)

I believe it also went down to €200 in PC World/Currys for the Black Friday sales too.

My G25 paddles broke about a year ago,i kinda stopped simracing for a good while then until Assetto Corsa got to full release when i got the itch to hook up the wheel again, only to discover i had misplaced the power supply.
    I thought it had got damp in storage but turns out was the wrong power supply in storage with it,so add to the broken paddles i thought id keep an eye out for a G27 at a decent price, €220 in bricks and mortar was too good to resist.
    I believe prices of G27 have dropped on the back of if not being compatible with PS4,previous to that PS3 was the big platform for G25 apart from PC ofcourse but the PS3 was a bigger market, the net result is PC gamers can now get a G27 at a great price.

Im enjoying Assetto Corsa a lot but im actually putting more time into euro truck simulator 2.
    A very enjoyable sim on its own but with mods and maps its fantastic, im currently enjoying the Hungary map mod, so much more detail and interesting roads than vanilla maps.
    Seems to be gone very popular, steam is saying 9,000 playing it right now,also its usually in the top 40 viewership on twitchtv.
    I just find it incredibly relaxing after the stresses of real life.

Dcully wrote:
    Im enjoying Assetto Corsa a lot but im actually putting more time into euro truck simulator 2. A very enjoyable sim on its own but with mods and maps its fantastic, im currently enjoying the Hungary map mod, so much more detail and interesting roads than vanilla maps. Seems to be gone very popular, steam is saying 9,000 playing it right now,also its usually in the top 40 viewership on twitchtv. I just find it incredibly relaxing after the stresses of real life.

**** you're making me want to play some Euro Truck now lol. Never tried any mods apart from the multiplayer mod. I must look into that :)

im actually putting more time into euro truck simulator 2.
    A very enjoyable sim on its own but with mods and maps its fantastic, im currently enjoying the Hungary map mod, so much more detail and interesting roads than vanilla maps.
    Seems to be gone very popular, steam is saying 9,000 playing it right now,also its usually in the top 40 viewership on twitchtv.
    I just find it incredibly relaxing after the stresses of real life.

Me too :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭Nanastick

Euro Truck epic game

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭Squidwert

http://boxthislap.org/g27-power-supply-substitution/

This interesting mod showed up on the Iracing forum for Better, Stronger FFB for the G25/G27 (hopefully)
    My G25 is due a good clean so mite as well mod it at the same time. The parts were €16 and i'll probably put a fan on it also. So i'll post again when all is fitted and working.

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

Thinking about buying this wheel off amazon spain. This may be a long shot but has anyone here ordred this online and had it delivered to parcel motel? :o

Need to know if it would fit inside a locker, have no other way to get it delivered :(

Am I Evil? wrote: »
    Thinking about buying this wheel off amazon spain. This may be a long shot but has anyone here ordred this online and had it delivered to parcel motel? :o

Need to know if it would fit inside a locker, have no other way to get it delivered :(

Yes I got it from Amazon.fr via Parcel Motel. Fit in the big locker no problem :)

Here's the Parcel Motel photo of it from their depot :P

• Registered Users Posts: 53,865 ✭✭✭✭Headshot

Yes I got it from Amazon.fr via Parcel Motel. Fit in the big locker no problem :)

Here's the Parcel Motel photo of it from their depot :P

Do Parcel Motel traffic babies now?

• Registered Users Posts: 644 ✭✭✭Am I Evil?

haha!

Thanks for the confirmation though!, great news. Must get it ordered up :cool:

Headshot wrote: »
    Do Parcel Motel traffic babies now?

I was wondering wtf you were talking about earlier lol. It showed the parcel for me so didn't know what you were on about. On a diff pc now & see the baby error image so it was obviously just stored locally :pac:

Correct image here:

8vPg7Jb.jpg :P

Logitech G29 announced. Works with PS4 & XB1.

11535820_1158847060808277_7688150848554129929_n.jpg?oh=593a112041e84e28b5e0fa9c908c903a&oe=5603539B

• Closed Accounts Posts: 833 ✭✭✭WillyFXP

mutant lovechild of DFGT and G27 announced. Works with PS4 & XB1.

11535820_1158847060808277_7688150848554129929_n.jpg?oh=593a112041e84e28b5e0fa9c908c903a&oe=5603539B

FYP :)

FFS what are logitech doing? That things dreadful.

• Advertisement

If the G29 is going to work with PC,PS4 and XB1 they are onto a winner bigtime.

Advertisement