Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dublin Bus stages

Options
  • 14-01-2015 9:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭

Can someone explain to me how the Dublin Bus stages work? I've pasted the 39 route below. For example, why is there two numbers beisde Burlington Road? Is it stage 22 or 78?

Fare Stages
    22 78 Burlington Rd.
    23 77 Lwr. Baggot St. (Pembroke St.)
    24 76 Dawson St. / Kildare St.
    25 75 Aston Quay / Bachelors Walk
    26 74 Wood Quay / Upr. Ormond Quay
    27 73 Usher's Quay / C.Y.C
    28 72 Stoneybatter (Stanhope St. School)
    29 71 Prussia St. (Hanlon's Corner)
    30 70 Old Cabra Rd. (Railway Bridge)
    31 69 Cabra Cross
    32 68 Navan Rd. (Employment Exchange)
    33 67 Navan Rd. (Cabra Garda Station)
    34 66 Navan Rd. (Baggot Rd.)
    35 65 Navan Rd. (St. Vincent's Home)
    36 64 Navan Rd. (Ashtown Roundabout)
    37 63 Navan Rd. (Old Racecourse)
    38 62 Navan Rd. (St. Brigid's GAA Club)
    39 61 Navan Rd. (Auburn Ave. Junction)
    40 60 Navan Rd. (M50 Interchange)
    41 59 Navan Rd. (Brady's Restaurant)
    42 58 Blanchardstown Village
    43 57 Blanchardstown Centre
    44 56 Hartstown Rd. (Willow Wood Estate)
    45 55 Ongar
    - See more at: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/39/#sthash.eHZAf8g9.dpuf

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 454 ✭✭Tickityboo

Tusky wrote: »
    Can someone explain to me how the Dublin Bus stages work? I've pasted the 39 route below. For example, why is there two numbers beisde Burlington Road? Is it stage 22 or 78?

Fare Stages
    22 78 Burlington Rd.
    23 77 Lwr. Baggot St. (Pembroke St.)
    24 76 Dawson St. / Kildare St.
    25 75 Aston Quay / Bachelors Walk
    26 74 Wood Quay / Upr. Ormond Quay
    27 73 Usher's Quay / C.Y.C
    28 72 Stoneybatter (Stanhope St. School)
    29 71 Prussia St. (Hanlon's Corner)
    30 70 Old Cabra Rd. (Railway Bridge)
    31 69 Cabra Cross
    32 68 Navan Rd. (Employment Exchange)
    33 67 Navan Rd. (Cabra Garda Station)
    34 66 Navan Rd. (Baggot Rd.)
    35 65 Navan Rd. (St. Vincent's Home)
    36 64 Navan Rd. (Ashtown Roundabout)
    37 63 Navan Rd. (Old Racecourse)
    38 62 Navan Rd. (St. Brigid's GAA Club)
    39 61 Navan Rd. (Auburn Ave. Junction)
    40 60 Navan Rd. (M50 Interchange)
    41 59 Navan Rd. (Brady's Restaurant)
    42 58 Blanchardstown Village
    43 57 Blanchardstown Centre
    44 56 Hartstown Rd. (Willow Wood Estate)
    45 55 Ongar
    - See more at: http://www.dublinbus.ie/en/Your-Journey1/Timetables/All-Timetables/39/#sthash.eHZAf8g9.dpuf

One is for inbound and the other is for outbound.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Tickityboo wrote: »
    One is for inbound and the other is for outbound.

Right. So if I'm going from Hartstown Road (56) to Cabra Cross (69) I have traveled 13 stages and the cash fare would be €2.80. Is that correct?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,031 ✭✭✭Slippin Jimmy

Right. So if I'm going from Hartstown Road (56) to Cabra Cross (69) I have traveled 13 stages and the cash fare would be €2.80. Is that correct?

Yeah it works out at €2.80

• Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭AlekSmart

http://www.dublinbus.ie/Fare-Calculator/

Yes,however if you had sense you'd be paying €2.05 via Leapcard.....(NB This is 10c LESS than last year's Leapcard fare ;) )

Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one.

Charles Mackay (1812-1889)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,056 ✭✭✭✭Tusky

Duffff-Man wrote: »
    Yeah it works out at €2.80

Cheers. Someone told me you subtract the stages and then add one, which confused me a little. Using their method and my example, it would be 14 stages and a higher fare.

[edit] In this example it says 15 stages, but 70 - 56 = 14. Any ideas why?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

Cheers. Someone told me you subtract the stages and then add one, which confused me a little. Using their method and my example, it would be 14 stages and a higher fare.

maybe because part of a stage still counts as a full one.

eg. there are 3 STOPS between stages 69 & 70.
    if you go one stop beyond stage 69, it counts as travelling to stage 70.

same applies at the other end, if you get on one stop before stage 56, it counts as getting on at stage 55.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,588 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

From the Dublin Bus website:

Stages

The number of stages travelled is calculated by deducting the boarding stage number from the alighting stage number

Passengers boarding between stage points pay the appropriate fare from the preceding stage point.

Passengers alighting between stage points pay the appropriate fare to the next stage point.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Out of interest has the ticket machine been updated to automatically update stages yet?

Stevek101 wrote: »
    Out of interest has the ticket machine been updated to automatically update stages yet?

No - still manual updates.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭StreetLight

Stevek101 wrote: »

Route 37 is to be trialled on auto stage updating.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Stevek101

Hopefully it won't make the machine even slower! But it is good that a trial is in the works been well over a year since this was first talked of.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,990 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Would this allow Leap card users to tag on and off via the machine instead of the driver? The current setup is ridiculous.

ixoy wrote: »
    Would this allow Leap card users to tag on and off via the machine instead of the driver? The current setup is ridiculous.

No - it will remain tag on only.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭frankyboy1986

also might be handy to know that stage 25 and 75 are always the city centre(closest stop to o connell street) stage on most (if not all) city routes

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭frankyboy1986

also might be handy to know that stage 25 and 75 are always the city centre(closest stop to o connell street) stage on most (if not all) city routes also the stage number for the inbound and outbound stage always add upto 100

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

For the the love of god would Dublin Bus please dump the god awful, confusing and antiquated stage fare system!

Hell even most bus drivers don't understand it! Either move to flat fare or tag-on/tag-off

With the changes to the fare structure for Leap recently, it looks like the NTA might be heading towards a flat fare over time (fingers crossed), now we have:

Stages 1 to 3 €1.50
    Stages 4 to 13 €2.05
    Over 13 Stages €2.60

The Expresso and City Center fares are niche outliers.

The next step is obvious, dump stages 1 to 3 and over 13 fares and make €2.05 the standard flat leap fare.

Expresso could be left, it just becomes the flat fare on Expresso specific buses, which it already is, a clear sign the NTA are heading towards a flat fare.

I'd personally drop the City Center fare, I think it is a massive waste of time, however you could still keep it, it would just require driver interaction, same as cash fares.

However imagine the vast majority of Leap users switching to the right hand validator and skipping the driver entirely and the resulting time savings. It would be fantastic.

In time once this is working smoothly, also introduce a single flat cash fare. I'd set it at €4, so that there would be a big psychological difference between the €2.05 leap fare and the €4 cash fare and thus drive people to use Leap.

Now at this point a certain poster is going to jump in and complain that it is too risky for Dublin Bus to change it's fare structure like this as it risks its revenue! Not true, after 3 years of Leap the NTA most by now have a rich source of data on the amount of people who travel on each fare level. So it should be trivial for them to work out a flat fare that would lose no revenue. Maybe it would be €2.10, maybe €2.20, but it should be trivial for them to use the data to set a flat fare that won't have any effect on revenue.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,114 ✭✭✭Ben D Bus

lxflyer wrote: »
    No - it will remain tag on only.

I think a tag-off-only machine located by the centre doors might be a useful addition at some point in the future. Could solve a couple of things. Unless a flat fare is introduced of course.

Tag-off at the front door would be chaotic.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 81 ✭✭poggyone

How many time must it be posted before people get it into their heads Dublin Bus do not set the fares.
    As of February Dublin Bus do not get any money from the cash box, it all goes to the NTA, Dublin Bus will be getting a flat fee from the NTA for operating a route.

So no point in blaming Dublin Bus for any of you problems with fare prices, they have nothing to do with Dublin Bus.
    Get angry with the NTA.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,594 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

poggyone wrote: »
    How many time must it be posted before people get it into their heads Dublin Bus do not set the fares.
    As of February Dublin Bus do not get any money from the cash box, it all goes to the NTA, Dublin Bus will be getting a flat fee from the NTA for operating a route.

So no point in blaming Dublin Bus for any of you problems with fare prices, they have nothing to do with Dublin Bus.
    Get angry with the NTA.

I'm sorry, but what total BS!!

Dublin Bus has existed since 1987 and they existed as part of CIE since 1945!

DB created the stage fare system and has maintained it and operated it for decades now. The NTA has only existed for 5 years now, it only started setting DB fares 3 years ago and it will only move to the new model in February!

So you certainly can't blame the NTA for this mess, it is clearly DB mess and now the NTA are stepping in to fix it.

Looking at the fare page and the adjustments that the NTA made this year, it is very clear that they are gradually working there way towards flat fares.

Expresso is already a defacto flat fare.

The Child fares are just one very simple and uncrotversial step from being a flat fare. Currently Child fares are flat during school hours and are flat outside of these hours when using Expresso. Only for standard buses outside school hours, there are two fares:

Stages 1 to 7 €0.90
    Over 7 Stages €1.10

The change here is very obvious, split the difference and make it a €1 flat fare and then ALL child fares are flat fares and zero need for driver interaction.

And now that just leaves the adult fares which might be a little more difficult and politically charged. With the NTA merging stages 4 to 7 and 8 to 13, it is very clear where they are going with this. The only question is will they jump to the flat fare this year or more gradually approach it over two years.

It is very clear that the NTA are doing the right thing here, just perhaps slower then I'd like.

However I notice this trend in a number of posts of people trying to deflect the failings of Dublin Bus onto the NTA!

This is complete nonsesnse, DB has existed for decades and the problems with DB have existed for decades before the NTA even existed. Let me make it clear:

- DB created and maintained the stage fare structure.
    - DB decided to go with single door buses, with high dwell times.
    - DB decided to buy antiquated ticket machines which were already out of date and had been replaced by new much more powerful models when they bought them.
    - DB decided to operate to only 11:30 (far too early), decided to have no early Sunday serivces and decided not to have a proper 24/7 late night service.

These are all the main problems with DB and NON of them were created by the NTA. They were all created by Dublin Bus.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭Kopparberg Strawberry and Lime

bk wrote: »
    - DB decided to buy antiquated ticket machines which were already out of date and had been replaced by new much more powerful models when they bought them.
    - DB decided to operate to only 11:30 (far too early), decided to have no early Sunday serivces and decided not to have a proper 24/7 late night service.

just to point, things are in the hands of the NTA now regarding fares etc. not dublin bus. (NTA made cash fare 3.30 when dublin bus only wanted 3.)

i see why you want the flat fare and i understand it BUT the stage system is smart in the sense you pay for what you use. i.e if im only going down the road why should i pay full whack ?
    or if someone is going from the start of the route to the very end why do they get to pay the same as someone who only wanted to go 4 stops ?

Seems a bit unfair in my eyes to be honest.

DB ticket machines are the same ones on Aircoach too and they do the job they are supposed to. But i agree are slow at times on the leap cards.

DB are looking at a 24 hour service if it is possible and required. nothing to do with the NTA here, just DB going at it by themselves.

• Advertisement

just to point, things are in the hands of the NTA now regarding fares etc. not dublin bus. (NTA made cash fare 3.30 when dublin bus only wanted 3.)

Oh, I know, but that is only a very recent development and strictly speaking it hasn't fully happened yet.

Until now, the NTA could adjust the stage fares, but couldn't force DB to scrap them completely. I expect they will only gain this power come February with the changes to who controls the fare box.

Maybe I'm being too optimistic, but it really looks like the NTA are heading to a flat fare system, at least I hope so.
    i see why you want the flat fare and i understand it BUT the stage system is smart in the sense you pay for what you use. i.e if im only going down the road why should i pay full whack ?

I know what you mean, which is why I've long be a fan of the Amsterdam style tag-on/tag-off system where you pay per km for the distance you travel. Much fairer system and much better integrated with using multiple buses, trams, etc.

However unfortunately in order to implement a system like this, you really need dual door buses, where the rear doors are opened at every stop and people leave via the rear door (and thus tag-off) while people board via the front door. That isn't possible as the majority of Dublin Buses fleet is stupidly single door.

Tagging-off at the front door is questionable how successful that would be. So it looks like the only way to improve dwell times now is to move to a flat fare system.

Yes, that will be somewhat unfair and may piss off a small number of people on shorter routes, however overall making using DB much easier and reducing peoples journey times due to reduced dwell times will I believe significantly improve DB service and most people will welcome it.

Also London has a flat fare, so obviously it can and does work.

Another point is that typically, public transport wants to discourage people from making short journeys, for two reasons:

1) To free up more capacity for people who want to travel long distance and have no other option unlike people making short trips.
    2) To encourage people on short journeys to choose healthier and more environmentally friendly options of walking or cycling.

That is why the fare on Luas for only one zone is so high, to discourage it's use for short journeys. This is typical of public transport all over Europe and it is why the DB city center fare is such a strange fare and I expect will end up being chopped.

BTW old age and disabled people aren't an issue as they are covered by the free travel pass.

Final point, for the truly longer journeys like to Skerries, Balbriggan, etc. You can make them more expensive anyway by making more of them Expresso routes and thus having the higher Expresso flat fare. Thus would also benefit people living in these places as there are likely to be less stopping as people would be discouraged from using them due to the higher price.

DB ticket machines are the same ones on Aircoach too and they do the job they are supposed to. But i agree are slow at times on the leap cards.

True, but Aircoaches routes and fares are far less complicated. Aircoach is a coach type service, which is very different to a city bus service. They don't have stages, just a small number of options and they don't have Leap.

The DB ticket machine is simply not up to operating in a modern city bus service environment.
    DB are looking at a 24 hour service if it is possible and required. nothing to do with the NTA here, just DB going at it by themselves.

Wow, well that would me fantastic. If it is a proper service, running 24/7, picking up in both directions and only slightly more expensive then the regular service, then I can well imagine it being a big success. Hope we get this soon.

bk wrote: »
    I'm sorry, but what total BS!!

Dublin Bus has existed since 1987 and they existed as part of CIE since 1945!

DB created the stage fare system and has maintained it and operated it for decades now. The NTA has only existed for 5 years now, it only started setting DB fares 3 years ago and it will only move to the new model in February!

So you certainly can't blame the NTA for this mess, it is clearly DB mess and now the NTA are stepping in to fix it.

Looking at the fare page and the adjustments that the NTA made this year, it is very clear that they are gradually working there way towards flat fares.

Expresso is already a defacto flat fare.

The Child fares are just one very simple and uncrotversial step from being a flat fare. Currently Child fares are flat during school hours and are flat outside of these hours when using Expresso. Only for standard buses outside school hours, there are two fares:

Stages 1 to 7 €0.90
    Over 7 Stages €1.10

The change here is very obvious, split the difference and make it a €1 flat fare and then ALL child fares are flat fares and zero need for driver interaction.

And now that just leaves the adult fares which might be a little more difficult and politically charged. With the NTA merging stages 4 to 7 and 8 to 13, it is very clear where they are going with this. The only question is will they jump to the flat fare this year or more gradually approach it over two years.

It is very clear that the NTA are doing the right thing here, just perhaps slower then I'd like.

However I notice this trend in a number of posts of people trying to deflect the failings of Dublin Bus onto the NTA!

This is complete nonsesnse, DB has existed for decades and the problems with DB have existed for decades before the NTA even existed. Let me make it clear:

These are all the main problems with DB and NON of them were created by the NTA. They were all created by Dublin Bus.
    So much anger, so much wrong.

You do know DB wanted a flat fare around the year 2000 but where refused by government.

Seem’s to be 3 main things that posters bitch about DB.
    1- fares too high
    2-bus takes too long goes a convoluted route.
    3- level of service too infrequent.

All you have to do to know who is the cause of so much grief for you angry commuters is answer 3 questions.
    1- who sets the fares?
    2- who sets the routes,network direct?
    3- who sets the level of service?

Hint: it’s not DB.

In years past DB had to work around political interference.
    Today the politicians keep their hands clean and get the NTA to do their bidding.
    Same level of interference , just another layer of deniability for our politicians.
    Minister of transport pulls the strings than shifts blame to NTA.
    Minister of health pulls the strings than shifts blame to HSE.
    You are very naive to thing otherwise.

poggyone, I'm aware that DB previously tried to introduce flat fares and it is a great pity that it was blocked by political interference.

Fortunately it looks like the NTA are trying again, but they are approaching it more cautiously, probably to avoid this political interference.

However I'm sorry, Network direct was a Dublin Bus project. The routes and schedules were very much largely designed by Dublin Bus, most routes and schedules have been the same for years.

NTA has only recently (as in the last year) taken control of route and scheduling planing and for the most part, yes they have for the most part only rubber stamped Dublin Buses decisions so far, but I'm certain we will see increasing NTA involvement in these decisions as they sort out DB's mess.

Just look at the fantastic job the NTA have done on the intercity routes. WE have gone from BE running a crappy service between Cork and Dublin, that stopped at 6pm and took 4 and a half hours, to an amazing private service that runs almost hourly, 24 hours a day adn takes just 3 hours!! I'm looking forward to the NTA brining the same innovation and service improvement to Dublins City Bus services.

If you went to Germany or Poland 20 years ago, you would have found buses that had at least 2 doors, 3 to 4 in many cases! Amazing dwell times, all doors open at every stop and people quickly board, zero driver interaction, you validate your ticket on the bus with a simple stamper, tickets usually are T60 or T90, giving you unlimited bus travel for 60/90 minutes. Oh and they also have late night services and the timetable at every stop that is actually for that stop!!

All of things were the norm in mainland europe 20 years ago!!! These are what we expect from a quality Eureopean city bus service and it is what DB fail miserably at. DB could have done all of this at any time over the last 20 years, but couldn't be bothered, so please don't blame the NTA for Dublin Buses failures.

It is a very sad attempt at deflection, blaming others for your failures.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 11,600 Mod ✭✭✭✭devnull

No, you're completely wrong there, Dublin Bus requested €3.25 and they were told to have €3.30 which is rather a bit different to what you actually claim.

Dublin Bus also asked for increases for the cheapest possible fare (leap) for some types of journey in excess of what they actually got.

Stages 8 - 13 (requested 2.25 - Got 2.05)
    Xpresso (requested 3.00 - Got 2.85)

But you're complaining about cash fares going up by 5c. People have a cheaper alternative, it would have been far worse if the leap rises requested were given, since there is no cheaper alternative there for single journeys.

The Aircoach ones only have to issue fares to a very small number of palces on a very small number of routes.

For their airport services everyone gets off at the airport or gets on at the airport. Tickets are not even sold by drivers at the airport and are instead sold by customer service staff. The only time tickets are sold on the coach is to the airport on the 700/702/703 and there can only be one destination.

Belfast and Cork are simpler still, if it's from Belfast it's either Dublin City or Dublin Airport, if it's from Dublin Airport or Dublin City it can only be Belfast which on Cork the same applies, just substitute Belfast with Cork.

Aircoach use those machines to a lot less degree than Dublin Bus and they don't need anything more. Dublin Bus meanwhile has thousands of stops, over 100 routes, many different fare levels and a huge number of prepaid tickets and smartcards. The Aircoach machines don't even have a smartcard reader.

Dublin Bus cannot go at it by themselves since they would need subsidy and apply for changes to the timetable which would need to be approved by the NTA, so it certainly has something to do with the NTA, even if you don't like it.

1- who sets the fares?
    Dublin Bus requests and the NTA has the say.

For the last number of years Dublin Bus have not shown enough encouragement for changing to leap card from cash fares, this can be seen in fare requests they have submitted to the NTA over the past few years.

Generally the NTA have approved slightly higher cash fare increases than Dublin Bus have proposed (5c in the last round) but the NTA have denied Dublin Bus requested fares for leap cards, and in fact if DUblin Bus had set their own fares for these fares, a good percentage of leap card holders would be paying much more than now.
    who sets the routes,network direct?
    When Network Direct was formed, it was an idea of DUblin Bus, when the project first started being studied the NTA didn't even exist properly and it's only after the first phases of the project that the NTA came on stream and even then they had little power and less input than they did now.
    Today the politicians keep their hands clean and get the NTA to do their bidding./QUOTE]

We are much better off with the NTA rather than without it. A lot has been done for passengers which otherwise probably never would have happened, since what we had before was basically a downtown office of CIE rather than a proper authority or regulator.

devnull wrote: »
    apply for changes to the timetable which would need to be approved by the NTA, so it certainly has something to do with the NTA, even if you don't like it.
    Well this is one thing you got right, DB don't change anything without the expressed consent of the NTA.
    NTA make all the decisions, set fares,routes and service level.

devnull wrote: »
    Dublin Bus requests and the NTA has the say.

For the last number of years Dublin Bus have not shown enough encouragement for changing to leap card from cash fares, this can be seen in fare requests they have submitted to the NTA over the past few years.

Why would DB be enthusiastic about leap when it don't work properly and looses them money with all the failed/faulty reads?
    The machine can't cope with all the new leap tickets, it works fine as a dumb ticket machine but not as leap machine.
    Bus starts work at 6am, all day leap is used, transactions are stored on machine, the machine locks up at 2100, it is rebooted to get it to work again, all transactions are lost, Dublin Bus don't get payed a penny for the days work, the money is gone.

Well this is one thing you got right, DB don't change anything without the expressed consent of the NTA.
    NTA make all the decisions, set fares,routes and service level.

At the end of the day, the NTA pay for the new vehicles, the NTA are the ones which the PSO comes via, so of course they will have a say in what happens and it will always be the case with any public company in any industry, government or a regulator or authority is also going to be involved due to the fact the funding comes from the state.

But it is incorrect to say that the NTA are resposible for everything that has happened over the existance of Dublin Bus, they've only been really around since 2010, and it's only been the last 3-4 years that they've really come to the fore.

Dublin Bus wanted to increase the lowest possible fare on some fare types more than the NTA allowed. Whilst the NTA increased some cash fares by 5c more, people can save by using leap for single journey fares. If the Leap fares go up more, there is no cheaper alternative for single journey.

Why would DB be enthusiastic about leap when it don't work properly and looses them money with all the failed/faulty reads?
    The machine can't cope with all the new leap tickets, it works fine as a dumb ticket machine but not as leap machine.

And that is because the ticket machines need replacing since they are not suitable for a proper smart card product like leap. They are good for your average basic tickets such as Dublin Bus supplied for ages, but for a proper smart card solution they are not good enough.

It's not a problem with the leap card, it's a problem with the machines being pushed beyond what they would be intended for.
    Bus starts work at 6am, all day leap is used, transactions are stored on machine, the machine locks up at 2100, it is rebooted to get it to work again, all transactions are lost, Dublin Bus don't get payed a penny for the days work, the money is gone.

No transactions using leap credit are stored, the balance is held on the card and the cash is deducted at time the fare being taken.

I'm not sure where your theory is coming from here.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 20,373 ✭✭✭✭foggy_lad

Why did Dublin bus buy those machines which were well out of date and not suitable for the job when they were bought? Dublin bus knew that Leap cards were coming yet bought a ticketing system which was incapable of being reliably upgraded to meet future demands.

When the current machines ewre bought they had already been replaced by the manufacturer with a much better model yet Dublin Bus/CIE wasted money on old technology.Those responsible should be made accountable.

Advertisement