Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Garmin Edge/Virb Mount

Options
  • 01-12-2014 5:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭

Where's the cheapest place to get a mount that takes a Garmin Edge on top and a Virb underneath? No jokes please. :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,520 ✭✭✭Alek

Is there such a thing?

I've seen GarminGPS/GarminGPS with an optional Lezyne light adapter here - maybe you can talk to them to make one for you?

No cheap though.

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1033691/backbone-three-position-garmin-mount.html?materialId=76

http://www.shapeways.com/model/1586534/lezyne-ring.html?materialId=62

[edit]

Also, you can find a lot of Garmin/gopro mounts - you can attach Virb to it via the included adapter.

Like this one, probably there are cheaper ones too : http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/08/garmingopro-pioneer-aerodynamic.html

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭Statler

They seem to be pricey enough, see link below, but that won't do an Edge 1000. Apparently you can get an adaptor to stick underneath any k edge mount, if you or anyone else comes acrosss one would appreciate a heads up, impulse bought a Virb on sale the other day without realising how big they are, having it out of sight underneath the Garmin sounds perfect.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Out-front-Garmin-Camera-Lezyne-rec-b012-gm-lez/dp/B00KBW0SFO/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1417478712&sr=8-1&keywords=k+edge+xl+virb

If you already have a k edge mount you just need the KE580 k edge combo mount interface, they're a bit hard to find but I got one here: http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/k-edge-combo-gopro-garmin-mount-interface-for-use-with-k13-500-k13-505-k13-560-garmin-mounts-p263953

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Statler wrote: »
    If you already have a k edge mount you just need the KE580 k edge combo mount interface, they're a bit hard to find but I got one here: http://www.westbrookcycles.co.uk/k-edge-combo-gopro-garmin-mount-interface-for-use-with-k13-500-k13-505-k13-560-garmin-mounts-p263953

With that you could use the virb and edge? I bought the bike mount but this maybe a better option

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭TheTubes

Statler wrote: »

That's the one I've been looking for.

Read about it here:
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/08/garmingopro-pioneer-aerodynamic.html

• Advertisement

godtabh wrote: »
    With that you could use the virb and edge? I bought the bike mount but this maybe a better option

As far as I know yes, I haven't got my Virb yet but apparently they come with adaptor mounts so you can use any gopro mount with them.
    TheTubes wrote: »
    That's the one I've been looking for.

Read about it here:
    http://www.dcrainmaker.com/2014/08/garmingopro-pioneer-aerodynamic.html

Took me while to find it, I ordered this morning and got shipping confirmation in an hour or so, seems like a handy bit of kit...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,888 ✭✭✭pprendeville

I don't have the K-Edge Garmin mount. That price makes the combo a real rip off altogether. I have a Far Near Garmin mount which is great as its adjustable. Was trying to find some sort of adapter I might have been able to integrate with it but I couldnt. Went with this instead. The Virb comes with an adapter that fits I tothe 2 grooves that you see on the part in my link. It's a bit confusing I think with the amount of adapters out there and not very clear what fits what.

Virb can be nicely mounted under the stem (110mm or longer), just with the standard handlebar mount. It looks very inconspiciuos from the front, the only problem is that it gets a lot of water spray from the front wheel if you have no mudguards.

332098.jpg

332097.jpg

332099.jpg

332100.jpg

332101.jpg

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 23,211 Mod ✭✭✭✭godtabh

Sweet. Just got mine last night and hoping to go on a test ride tomorrow or Saturday. got the bike mount with it so thats handy

• Registered Users Posts: 10,311 ✭✭✭✭greenspurs

bought mine on the 5 dec on the Probikekit website, still havent recieved it yet .. Customer service is terrible.....

"Bright lights and Thunder .................... " #NoPopcorn

• Advertisement

Lads does the standard virb record ant data?

looks like it doesn't but i can use the 810 data

Nope. But you can combine video with a FIT file to show the data dashboard-style in Virb Edit, if that's what you're looking for :)

looks like a simple file merge. Happy to get all my data doing that rather than pay an extra 100€

The software is quite simple to use (once you find where things are... ;-) ) and the dashboard customization options are endless. Pretty cool.

And of course, on the first day I've installed the camera, some muppet tried to push me off the road squeezing into the bus lane... see 0:30.

I need to get some of this Rain-X, they say it works wonders for camera lenses.

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/screenwash-de-icer/rain-x-rain-repellent-200ml

Anyone wants half a bottle? I will never use it whole... :pac:

Alek wrote: »
    Nope. But you can combine video with a FIT file to show the data dashboard-style in Virb Edit, if that's what you're looking for :)

tech ignorant here ...
    what does that mean ? how can it be done ? :)
    Still waiting for my Virb ;)

1. Download and install Virb Edit application
    2. Upload your cycling video from Virb to the software
    3. Add the GPS file from your ride (it does not have to be from a Garmin Edge device, as long as it is in GPX or FIT format)
    4. Synchronize both
    5. Insert gauges into the image, as shown on my youtube vid above
    6. Export to get a video file with the "dashboard" embedded in it.

The software is quite simple to use (once you find where things are... ;-) ) and the dashboard customization options are endless. Pretty cool.

And of course, on the first day I've installed the camera, some muppet tried to push me off the road squeezing into the bus lane... see 0:30.

I need to get some of this Rain-X, they say it works wonders for camera lenses.

http://www.halfords.ie/motoring/engine-oils-fluids/screenwash-de-icer/rain-x-rain-repellent-200ml

Anyone wants half a bottle? I will never use it whole... :pac:

Have you a horn on your bike? Cool. At the end of the video, a selection of Muppets videos appear. :)

I'd be interested in sharing that bottle with you. Will split the price.

Have you a horn on your bike? Cool. At the end of the video, a selection of Muppets videos appear. :)

I'd be interested in sharing that bottle with you. Will split the price.

A 3 way maybe?

Have you a horn on your bike?

A horn? I guess you're referring to me me shouting "HEEEY" or my squealing pigs brakes :pac:
    A 3 way maybe?

No problem. I'll get it tomorrow or Monday and give you a shout over PM once I find some small bottles to split it.

• Advertisement

based in D18. I can pick it up over the weekend in Carrickmines

Ok, so you'll get it then? Its not too handy for me in the next few days as I'll be cycling with my 2 year old in the back seat and Halfords is not the safest place I can take him to. Not too safe for them, I mean ;)

1. Download and install Virb Edit application
    2. Upload your cycling video from Virb to the software
    3. Add the GPS file from your ride (it does not have to be from a Garmin Edge device, as long as it is in GPX or FIT format)
    4. Synchronize both
    5. Insert gauges into the image, as shown on my youtube vid above
    6. Export to get a video file with the "dashboard" embedded in it.

JAYSUS !! :eek:

Just got the Virb yesterday evening.... HAD to open it (6 days early, Sorry Santa)
    I attached it to the laptop with the USB,and .... Nothing !
    Do you need the memory card ?
    (told yaa, tech ignorant ! ):D

greenspurs wrote: »
    JAYSUS !! :eek:

Just got the Virb yesterday evening.... HAD to open it (6 days early, Sorry Santa)
    I attached it to the laptop with the USB,and .... Nothing !
    Do you need the memory card ?
    (told yaa, tech ignorant ! ):D

you do need a memory card!

im not even gonna bug yee and ask where can ya get a handlebar mount !!
    but if anyone wants to tell me :)

im not even gonna bug yee and ask where can ya get a handlebar mount !!
    but if anyone wants to tell me :)

I bought it from the website I ordered the virb from. Should be handy to get it online

where can ya get a handlebar mount

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Garmin-Handlebar-Rollerbar-Action-Camera/dp/B00EPKM8RO

free shipping if you add something to make it 25GBP

i hope my LBS has something similar in stock ...

The mounts that come with it... They dont attach to helmet or bars without buying other attachments? ( i didnt get a chance to look at it last night when i got it )

This is a good price. You'll need an adapter that should have come with your Virb in order to mount it.

• Advertisement

got the mount in Harvey Norman !!! Garmin and all ! :)
    get the sd memeory also.
    When i connect the Virb to the laptop nothing happens ? Do i have to download the software for editing etc ?
    Also shouldnt the light flash when charging ?

Advertisement