Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

UK Championship 2014

Options

Comments

Didn't see him, he sounds alright though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,422 ✭✭✭✭Bruthal

tanko wrote: »
    Another 147 for Ronnie, what a genius. How did yer man he was playing get this far tho.

By beating the players he played in the other rounds probably, none of them being o sullivan.

seanhynes wrote: »
    Oh he's shot himself in the foot bigtime there poor McGill ,he's a great little player too will be amongst the top 10 soon ,that yellow was criminal to miss a club player would Pott that 100 times out of 100

In the club maybe, if they keep setting the same shot up 100 times in a row.

In a break, it is possible to miss just about anything at some stage.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,798 ✭✭✭syngindub

Looking forward to this final.
    Should be a cracker

• Registered Users Posts: 14,182 ✭✭✭✭Pighead

syngindub wrote: »
    Looking forward to this final.
    Should be a cracker
    If it's anything like the Champions of Champions final a few weeks ago we're in for a treat. Very hard to call it. Ronnie not at his best this week but you'd have to think playing Judd in a final will make him raise his game.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

Big mistake from Ronnie taking his eye off the pot, Judd will clean up any loose balls. Im glad these 2 are in the final, they're similar players both very aggressive but have good safety games as well, ronnie being one of the best in the game surprisingly.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,221 ✭✭✭tanko

Bruthal wrote: »
    By beating the players he played in the other rounds probably, none of them being o sullivan.

Thanks, that explains it so:rolleyes:.
    Anyway, very high standard so far. Ronnie looks in great form.

tanko wrote: »
    Thanks, that explains it so:rolleyes:

Well you did ask how his opponent got that far. As if to say losing 6 nil meant he cant be any good. Hendry lost 9 nil before. How did he ever get to that match. Best hold onto your roll eyes there:pac:

Judd trump looks very nervous, he'd want to be winning two of the next three frames. Going into tonight 6-2 down would be asking a lot.

Well that was a kick and a half. Seems to be an issue all week.

• Advertisement

O'Sullivan 7 (19) 4 Trump

Hopefully Trump can get the last frame before the Interval

Well that was a kick and a half. Seems to be an issue all week.

Yeah, plenty of kicks alrite but is that not the case in every tournament nowadays. Lots of talk about big bounces of some cushions also. 8-4 to Ronnie now, Trump is just not scoring enough when he gets in.

O'Sullivan 8 (19) 4 Trump

Ronnie knocks in 770th Career Century.
    Only dozen or so behind Hendry.

Trump has it all to do now. Pity, was hoping Trump might have really put it up to Ronnie and make a great night out of it.

Only 5 behind I think it is now. Probably reduce by 1 or so more tonight.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,536 ✭✭✭case885

O'Sullivan 8 (19) 4 Trump

Trump has it all to do now. Pity, was hoping Trump might have really put it up to Ronnie and make a great night out of it.

Trump can still be very immature, he has all the talent but his shot selection is very poor at times.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,046 ✭✭✭✭Ghost Train

Only 5 behind I think it is now. Probably reduce by 1 or so more tonight.

interesting the stat for the 2010-14 vs naughties
    wouldn't have thought the game has changed that much in last 10 years
    standard of players better than ever?

interesting the stat for the 2010-14 vs naughties
    wouldn't have thought the game has changed that much in last 10 years
    standard of players better than ever?

I think it has improved hugely myself. Probably not so much that all players now are better than all players in the 90s as an example decade, as hendry would still be at the top end today. But there is definitely a bigger field of contenders in tournamants.

• Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭MojoRisinnnn

case885 wrote: »
    Trump can still be very immature, he has all the talent but his shot selection is very poor at times.

Trump is very overrated IMO and hasn't produced often enough to justify the hype and attention he gets, as you have said his shot selection is very poor, 3 times in this final he has been into a good 50 plus break and needed a couple of balls to secure he frame and ****ed it up, even last night against Maguire he had 2 chances to put him to bed and let him creep back into it, his cue action is also terrible I think. Obviously Ronnie is incredible and was always the favourite but Judd has a had a good few chances to get frames on the board today and bottled it

Trump is very overrated IMO and hasn't produced often enough to justify the hype and attention he gets, as you have said his shot selection is very poor, 3 times in this final he has been into a good 50 plus break and needed a couple of balls to secure he frame and ****ed it up, even last night against Maguire he had 2 chances to put him to bed and let him creep back into it, his cue action is also terrible I think. Obviously Ronnie is incredible and was always the favourite but Judd has a had a good few chances to get frames on the board today and bottled it

I dont agree with that myself. Improvement in safety and slightly less attacking shots at the right times, and he will be a serious threat to anyone. He already is really.

When you look at selby being o sullivans nemesis at times, its because he upsets o sullivans style with his own type of game. Where as trump suits it with all out attacking.

And 8-4 can quickly change to 8-6 0r 8-7. Who knows.

Edit: Not looking like it now though. 10-4 more likely now.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,773 ✭✭✭taytobreath

anyone's BBC snooker coverage gone widescreen

• Advertisement

Very poor from Trump there, his head is gone now.

O'Sullivan 9 (19) 4 Trump

Only one frame required by Ronnie to Win 5th UK Cham

I dont agree with that myself. Improvement in safety and slightly less attacking shots at the right times, and he will be a serious threat to anyone. He already is really.

When you look at selby being o sullivans nemesis at times, its because he upsets o sullivans style with his own type of game. Where as trump suits it with all out attacking.

And 8-4 can quickly change to 8-6 0r 8-7. Who knows.

Exactly this, Judd can't compete with the big players and I don't really think he ever will, a top player would adjust his style to try and counteract someone like Sullivan (Bingham is a great example of this), Judd isn't dynamic at all and just tries to aggressively pot this way out of trouble

Obviously he's still an excellent player I don't want to take anything away from I just don't feel the hype is justified

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

He seems way too sure of himself, when there are many flaws in his game. A great talent, but a long way from the finished article he may think that he is.

Could Ronnie be the most naturally gifted sportsman of all time?

He has lost the plot in this particular match now anyway.

I actually think he is possibly. He definitely plays snooker at a level at times that no one else ever has or does now.

• Registered Users Posts: 677 ✭✭✭Cheese Wagstaff

I'd buy into that. For me, the 5 minute maximum is the greatest single sporting accomplishment of all time. It's perfection.

• Advertisement

O'Sullivan 9 (19) 5 Trump

Scrappy enough 14th Frame but Judd Takes Frame to keep the match alive.
    Judd appeared very down in the dumps on a few occasions.
    Come Back on ??

Advertisement