Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Black Friday Deals

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,318 ✭✭✭Absoluvely

when your choose to pay in pounds, amazon do the exchange....if you choose euro your bank does it

You've got that the wrong way around, Mr Student

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,814 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

Today's deal is the Harry Potter collection on Blu Ray for £16.99

harrypottersetcompletod.jpg

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. outdoor furniture, roof box and EDDI

My Active Ads (adverts.ie)

O Jazuz, six massive Amazon packages just delivered by An Post....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Anyone know if i placed an order on the 27th of November and its 4 days Preparing for Dispatch is an item not available to ship or what? Hell of a long wait...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

4 days is not unusual.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

Amazon offered to convert my last to 72.11 and charge came to be 70.87 on Tesco credit card - so for holders of this card that is not a good option.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,777 ✭✭✭dmcg90

What is cheaper to order in? GBP or EUR?

• Registered Users Posts: 16,425 ✭✭✭✭Francie Barrett

dmcg90 wrote: »
    What is cheaper to order in? GBP or EUR?
    Do not use Amazon's currency exchange, the rate is atrocious.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,606 ✭✭✭schemingbohemia

First bad experience with amazon recently. Ordered a coffee machine which apparently couldn't be delivered, no reason given. I chose to pay in pounds and let my bank do the currency conversion (as always). Paid £220 and was refunded £220. However after the currency conversion my card shows I paid €305 and was refunded €289. I paid €16 for absolutely nothing. Maybe it's not always best to let your bank handle the currency conversion.

Did you mention this to Amazon? Their Customer Service are usually good for stuff like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,172 ✭✭✭bren2001

First bad experience with amazon recently. Ordered a coffee machine which apparently couldn't be delivered, no reason given. I chose to pay in pounds and let my bank do the currency conversion (as always). Paid £220 and was refunded £220. However after the currency conversion my card shows I paid €305 and was refunded €289. I paid €16 for absolutely nothing. Maybe it's not always best to let your bank handle the currency conversion.

You paid in GBP so they refund you in GBP, it is the risk you take with letting your bank do the conversion. If the rate had swung the other way you could have made money. For the sake of a Euro or two I usually pay in Euro as I have sent a few things back.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,276 ✭✭✭JoeySully

works both ways I guess, I got a refund recently and got 57c more back.

Oasis1974 wrote: »
    Anyone know if i placed an order on the 27th of November and its 4 days Preparing for Dispatch is an item not available to ship or what? Hell of a long wait...

That's fine, I've an order in since Nov 26th and still awaiting dispatch, loads of other stuff has arrived but one or two caught in delay, Black Friday week etc.

slave1 wrote: »
    That's fine, I've an order in since Nov 26th and still awaiting dispatch, loads of other stuff has arrived but one or two caught in delay, Black Friday week etc.
    Only inquiring because i'm really stuck for one of the items thanks.

Murphy's Law gone to Dispatching Now:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,068 ✭✭✭sok2005

Got a delivery of 12 boxes from Amazon today, waiting on 2 items, that's really good considering.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,553 ✭✭✭murphyebass

sok2005 wrote: »
    Got a delivery of 12 boxes from Amazon today, waiting on 2 items, that's really good considering.

I ordered 19 seperate items from amazon on Friday gone.

They should all be delivered in the coming week or so.

Post man has his work cut out! :D

I wouldnt mind I work in a shopping centre!!

The idea of walking round the shops is not my idea of fun however.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,185 ✭✭✭Snoopy1

I always pay in euro on amazon, am I getting it wrong, or should I pay in pounds?

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I ordered 19 seperate items from amazon on Friday gone.

They should all be delivered in the coming week or so.

Post man has his work cut out! :D

I wouldnt mind I work in a shopping centre!!

The idea of walking round the shops is not my idea of fun however.

I had two separate orders arrive in the same box yesterday which surprised me. Your postman might have it easier than you think!

• Registered Users Posts: 545 ✭✭✭ninty

Snoopy1 wrote: »
    I always pay in euro on amazon, am I getting it wrong, or should I pay in pounds?

No, Slightly cheaper by euro

• Registered Users Posts: 1,432 ✭✭✭September1

I depends how much is cost of your transaction - usually it is cheaper to use GBP for credit card and Euro for debit card.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,079 ✭✭✭chasm

ninty wrote: »
    No, Slightly cheaper by euro

My CC is with Tesco and i always find it cheaper to pay in sterling.

• Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 7,439 Mod ✭✭✭✭XxMCRxBabyxX

I've found it cheaper to pay sterling on my student/graduate debit card so far but that may be because I don't pay the extra conversion fees.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 MyNameIsTim

Saw something that won't be in stock until the 9th, and ordering it using the free delivery option is telling me expected delivery date 16th-17th, should be safe enough to arrive before Christmas? Not sure what Amazon's super saver delivery option to Ireland is like over this period.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,907 ✭✭✭✭Kristopherus

Saw something that won't be in stock until the 9th, and ordering it using the free delivery option is telling me expected delivery date 16th-17th, should be safe enough to arrive before Christmas? Not sure what Amazon's super saver delivery option to Ireland is like over this period.

You should be OK.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,919 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Guys I need a little help and not sure if this is the fight forum.

I ordered a coffee machine from amazon and it turned out to be broken. I've arranged to return it now but I originally ordered through parcel motel so they sent me a royal mail return label.

Do I return the machine through Parcel Motel selecting Royal mail in the drop down or just bring it to the Post office ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,930 ✭✭✭galwayjohn89

emmetkenny wrote: »
    Guys I need a little help and not sure if this is the fight forum.

I ordered a coffee machine from amazon and it turned out to be broken. I've arranged to return it now but I originally ordered through parcel motel so they sent me a royal mail return label.

Do I return the machine through Parcel Motel selecting Royal mail in the drop down or just bring it to the Post office ?

You will have to do it through Parcel motel with that label. If you get onto Amazon live chat they will (in my experience) send you an An Post label if you ask them and explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,911 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,003 ✭✭✭✭rob316

I had this problem before and just got on to live chat and told them I was currently in the ROI and they gave me a new return label for Irish returns without any hassle.

Amazon. A great bunch of lads :)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,746 ✭✭✭degsie

rob316 wrote: »
    Amazon. A great bunch of lads :)

And lassies :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 27,919 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Thanks lads

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement