Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

required stove size

Options
  • 19-10-2014 8:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi I was wondering if someone knows what stove size I need for my house.

The stove will be located in the sun room which is 14ft 6" square by 13ft high. It is then open to the kitchen which is approx 24ft long by 15ft wide by 8ft 6" high

I am also linking it to the upstairs radiators of which there is 11. The sizes are as follows

master bedroom 2 of 600 ×1000
    clothes room 600×500
    en suite 600×700 and 450×1000
    Bedroom 600×1300
    Bedroom 600×1300
    Bedroom 600×1200
    Hall 600× 900 double rad and 600×700
    Bathroom 14 link cast iron rad.

I would greatly appreciate some help on finding the required stove size.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

Have this stove is my own house, heats sitting room incredibly well and heats 11 radiators well also. My house is a bungalow though. Only down side is you can burn a lot of fuel if you don't manage it properly, it's an animal but works well. Shop around for best price and look for reviews but no complaints from me.

Olymberyl-Aidan 21 kW Boiler Stove (Matt Black)

Features

EN13340 CE Approved
    5 year guarantee
    Clean Burn Technology
    External Ash Riddler
    Air Wash System
    Separate Ash pan chamber for easier ash removal
    Removable throat plat for easy flue cleaning
    Insulated fire box to increase performance
    Safe overnight burn for quick starts on cold mornings
    Maximum output 21 kW
    6kw to room & 15kw to boiler

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

djr15 wrote: »
    Have this stove is my own house, heats sitting room incredibly well and heats 11 radiators well also. My house is a bungalow though. Only down side is you can burn a lot of fuel if you don't manage it properly, it's an animal but works well. Shop around for best price and look for reviews but no complaints from me.

Olymberyl-Aidan 21 kW Boiler Stove (Matt Black)

Features

EN13340 CE Approved
    5 year guarantee
    Clean Burn Technology
    External Ash Riddler
    Air Wash System
    Separate Ash pan chamber for easier ash removal
    Removable throat plat for easy flue cleaning
    Insulated fire box to increase performance
    Safe overnight burn for quick starts on cold mornings
    Maximum output 21 kW
    6kw to room & 15kw to boiler

How much did this set you back?

• Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭djr15

How much did this set you back?

Its a few years since I put it in but I think material inc. Stove was around €1100. Beware of the price of copper and fittings, they are expensive as you will need 1" piping etc...

Depending on the location of stove and how much work is needed it should cost roughly €300 quid for a days work.

Consider how much oil/gas you could buy for the €1500 euro this may cost. And how long it will take to get the value back.
    If you have timber or turf for free I'd say go ahead but if your buying solid fuel just have a good think about how expensive that is to buy also.

Best of luck

Advertisement