Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving to Longford Town

Options
  • 08-11-2014 12:54pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hi all
    Would really appreciate information on housing estates in Longford town. Am looking to move to Longford before Christmas -some house prices very cheap and wondering if its just because of economy or due to unsocial behavior. Also, is there a good gym (with pool) local. What is social life like. Am going to spend a couple of weekends there but it won't show me the true story. Would be very grateful for any info possible.

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 254 ✭✭poeticmakaveli

its mostly because of the economic state!Longford has gotten a bad name down the years but its hype and no more dangerous than any other town or city, look for trouble and you will get it anywhere! social life is not great, there's a few pubs in town but are never really busy,only on a Saturday night, no nightclub in town at all except a late night bar which is terrible! Carrick is near by and that is a great town to go out in! there is 2 gyms that both have pools in them and are pretty much in the town, not sure with prices though! for shopping (groceries) there is probably not a better place, it has all the names,tescos,dunnes,super value,also,lidl,Iceland and others but terrible for clothes shopping for men! if you are spending a weekend there then you might get a better feel for it!

• Registered Users Posts: 890 ✭✭✭rejkin

There are a few threads here that cover where and where not to rent in longford and they still hold true even if they are old but the main areas to avoid renting are market square and basically anywhere in the centre of longford town. If you can get a house in ardmichael I would jump on it,best houses out there.

Been here two years,moved from dublin and rented in prospect woods apartment for six months, they're not too bad but can have some anti-social behaviour and the insulation is useless.

Sure have a look yourself and if you want put up some daft links you see and we can advise on them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 ctrl2

Thank you both so much. I had looked at the older posts and just thought that maybe I was reading too much into them. Its good to get confirmation that it's more hype than substance! Am going to take a good look around next week and stay a few nights to get a feel for the place so I know what area to look at.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Eamondomc

ctrl2 wrote: »
    Thank you both so much. I had looked at the older posts and just thought that maybe I was reading too much into them. Its good to get confirmation that it's more hype than substance! Am going to take a good look around next week and stay a few nights to get a feel for the place so I know what area to look at.

A bit late maybe but maybe if you want something quiet and noise free there are loads of houses on the fringes of the town and within 5/6 mile radius and some good value there too. If you have kids this might be best solution. town can be rowdy at nite.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 1170

Hi ctrl2, Just wondering how you got on.. I'm in the same boat at the moment and don't know much about longford..

• Advertisement
Advertisement