Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OR/AS Demo

Options
  • 15-10-2014 6:52pm
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Anyone playing the demo yet? If so what do you think of it? Some of the footage I've seen looks pretty nice so far so definitely looking forward to the game now!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 509 ✭✭✭Not G.R

I thought Game were distributing the codes for us and the UK which would rule us out. Is there someone else giving them out?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

There's no way to officially get it in Ireland, but there are ways of obtaining one with a bit of googling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Its a bit bare bones. But then, they didnt have to give us a demo at all, and its got me plenty excited for the full thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

There's no way to officially get it in Ireland, but there are ways of obtaining one with a bit of googling.

Why did they make it so hard to get?
    Don't know why they didn't put it on the eShop for a limited time only a week or make it accessible for people who (sigh) preorder it.
    More bugged about missing out on stuff you can import than anything else.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,066 ✭✭✭elekid

I got my code for preordering with Amazon. I emailed Smyths Ireland and they said they were giving out codes with preorders here, but I don't know if it's too late now .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

The demo is getting a general e-shop release next week.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,485 ✭✭✭✭Banjo

Got a code from the Nintendo Life lottery. Hurrah! Will download it later and see how she goes.

Anyone having any joy with NintendoZone / Streetpass relay shenanigans? I used to be able to get that going on my phone, but it hasn't worked since I upgraded to KitKat, even though internet tethering does.... has the Relay system become MAC-sensitive?

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 15,183 Mod ✭✭✭✭Atavan-Halen

I've been playing a bit of it and while it is a bit skimpy, the game looks like it's shaping up to be a good one! Definitely seems a lot more polished than X/Y and a lot smoother to play.

I have a spare code if anyone wants it. It's from nintendo life, but I think someone leaked a lot of their codes so it could possibly be already used. Anyway, PM me if you want to give it a go.

the demo was so lame

excited for the full game though

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,779 ✭✭✭A Neurotic

Hmm, Amazon told me I'd get a demo code for pre-ordering. It worked for my friend but I haven't received anything.

A Neurotic wrote: »
    Hmm, Amazon told me I'd get a demo code for pre-ordering. It worked for my friend but I haven't received anything.

Send them an email to find out. I know a few didn't get the codes, but did once they contacted amazon.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,086 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

The count stops after the tenth time beating this yet there are still different missions I am on my 15th just now, am going to play it 50 times to see if anything else pops up, pity we can't catch or level up any pokemon.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,611 ✭✭✭✭ERG89

The count stops after the tenth time beating this yet there are still different missions I am on my 15th just now, am going to play it 50 times to see if anything else pops up, pity we can't catch or level up any pokemon.

Isn't there stuff in the demo you can import into the main game. :-/
    Is this getting an eShop release this week? Can't find that news anywhere but the post above

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

ERG89 wrote: »
    Isn't there stuff in the demo you can import into the main game. :-/
    Is this getting an eShop release this week? Can't find that news anywhere but the post above

Yup, so far I've gotten a set of Pokéballs, Heal Balls, and a Pokémon I can send to the full game, think I've completed the demo 6-7 times.
    I'll be getting a Glalie with its mega stone, I think you can get a Steelix or somesuch too, but I'm not sure if it's a case of you get either Steelix or Glalie and who you get is picked at random, or if you can get both through the demo eventually.

Afaik you get
    Glalie and it's megastone for the European version and it's steelix for the Japanese demo. Whether you'll be able to obtain them both in the same demo I'm not sure but I don't think so.

Advertisement