Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ben & Jerry's Ice Cream

Options
  • 16-10-2014 8:04am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭

Would like if this could get bumped when these offers come around but they're so infrequent that it's probably not possible. Who doesn't like Ben & Jerry's lol.

They're €3 @ Supervalu from 16th to 29th October. You can also get a Goodfellas pizza with these as a €5 deal.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,435 ✭✭✭christeb

they seem to be on offer on a store-by-store basis, ie sometimes they're €3 in one shop and not in another SV a couple of miles away.

• Registered Users Posts: 863 ✭✭✭Rooy

We tried the Dunnes own brand ones in the past few weeks- Monkey Mix , Chocolate brownies etc ,myself ,wife and kidsfound them as satisfying as Ben & Jerrys IMHO , love the monkey mix one.
    €3 , not 100% sure if that is the permanent price

• Registered Users Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

The lidl versions are absolutely gorgeous and they're always 2.50 a tub!

They're almost too good for that price :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

I don't like the store brand chocolate ice cream ones, I usually don't like chocolate ice cream at all, but the phish food chocolate ice cream is unreal. The cookie dough ones can be good though.

Lidls version of the magnum ice creams though, oh lawd!

• Registered Users Posts: 507 ✭✭✭balfe1990

Ben and Jerry's is delicious for sure, but certainly not 6.50 regular price delicious. That's just an outrageous price. 3 yoyos is good however. Thanks OP

Not to suggest yet another own brand ice cream but Tescos 900ml tub of Caramello(?) ice cream is gorgeous. Chunks of toffee and flakes of chocolate on top too. 2.60 a go

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 130 ✭✭tommybc

great

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭manuhalo

I check tesco regularly for offers on b&j, I'm addicted to cookie dough and their core line but can't afford to pay full price. I've never seen them discounted in supervalue so I had stopped going there, good to know I was wrong! Thanks op :)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,306 ✭✭✭Sunny Dayz

Lidls version of the magnum ice creams though, oh lawd!

Yes - we get the box of the mini ones - they are great!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,970 ✭✭✭✭rob316

manuhalo wrote: »
    I check tesco regularly for offers on b&j, I'm addicted to cookie dough and their core line but can't afford to pay full price. I've never seen them discounted in supervalue so I had stopped going there, good to know I was wrong! Thanks op :)

Lidl do a cookie dough for about 2.20 all the time I think, McEnnedy is the brand, its delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Rooy wrote: »
    We tried the Dunnes own brand ones in the past few weeks- Monkey Mix , Chocolate brownies etc ,myself ,wife and kidsfound them as satisfying as Ben & Jerrys IMHO , love the monkey mix one.
    Ooooooo cheap Ben & Jerrys? Hrm, gotta try that!

Also gotta check the OP's BA, as there's a two Supervalues near me :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Not to suggest yet another own brand ice cream but Tescos 900ml tub of Caramello(?) ice cream is gorgeous. Chunks of toffee and flakes of chocolate on top too. 2.60 a go

That's my challenge for this evening set!

Mnom, mnom.

rob316 wrote: »
    Lidl do a cookie dough for about 2.20 all the time I think, McEnnedy is the brand, its delicious.

Thanks for the tip, I already gave it a try, and it's passable, but nothing like the original imho - flaky texture, b&j is smoother and the dough carries more of a crunchy punch. I'm a hard customer, I know! (It's also that I'm trying to lose some weight and I don't like transgressing for something that is not as good as it could be)

On the other hand the Tesco caramello that other people suggested is pretty good.

Soarer wrote: »
    That's my challenge for this evening set!

Mnom, mnom.

Dump a load of crushed Oreos on top to satiate your inner obese person like I do sometimes

• Registered Users Posts: 8,865 ✭✭✭Soarer

balfe1990 wrote: »
    Dump a load of crushed Oreos on top to satiate your inner obese person like I do sometimes

Inner obese? I wish!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Got Centra own brand Rocky Road, pure muck! B&J FTW

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

mad m wrote: »
    Got Centra own brand Rocky Road, pure muck! B&J FTW

Yeah I think B&J is one of the few exceptions where the store brands just can't compete as good. It's just the texture and creaminess of the ice cream or something. But still, like everyone said, definitely not worth €6, I could get a full Chinese dinner for another euro.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

I love Ben and Jerry's, paid almost €6 for a tub and it nearly killed me but it tasted so amazing!

• Registered Users Posts: 641 ✭✭✭JEmily

Is it this Tesco ice-cream your talking about that's good: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=284090054 Tesco Caramel Vanilla Ice Cream 900Ml?

JEmily wrote: »
    Is it this Tesco ice-cream your talking about that's good: Tesco Caramel Vanilla Ice Cream 900Ml?

they must have changed the labelling recently cause it used to look slightly different, but yes, that's the one.

JEmily wrote: »
    Is it this Tesco ice-cream your talking about that's good: http://www.tesco.com/groceries/product/details/?id=284090054 Tesco Caramel Vanilla Ice Cream 900Ml?
    That's it, yeah

• Advertisement

The supervalu in Talbot Street, Dublin has no such offer :/ major let down.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭ptyloch

Found basic line of B&J on offer @ 3 euro in the Centra next to Southcourt Hotel in Limerick, don't know if it's just a local offer or in all of them?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

It is up to each individual Centra or Super Valu whether they take on an offer or not. Hoping my local will have it though!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Cats.Whiskers

Rooy wrote: »

Monkey Mix is yum, nicer than phish food as it's not so sweet tasting, I've bought quite a few tubs of it.

Also it's very good quality as it's DAIRY ice-cream, I became a bit of a snob about the cheaper stuff after watching a TV show about it recently.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/health/article-393432/The-chilling-truth-ice-cream.htmlhttp://

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,575 ✭✭✭AlanS181824

Got the Dunnes version today, Caramel Chew and it was delicious! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 221 ✭✭BrianHenryIE

€4 for Ben & Jerry's in Dunnes on George's Street today.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,515 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

I tried the new "Satisfy my Bowl" flavour last week.

Was very nice, if you like banana ice cream.

• Registered Users Posts: 851 ✭✭✭Simon201

€3 in my local Centra but can't say where it is :D:)

• Registered Users Posts: 400 ✭✭marcus2000

€3 in Supervalue in Kilmainham for the past few weeks. I thought it was until stocks depleted but they restocked the fridges yesterday. I have had 3 tubs this week already? (Usually 1 tub per sitting). I need the offer to end, at this point. I bought a few "to bring to the cinema" to save money...but I ate them!!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

The Lidl/Aldi/Supervalu/Dunnes fake Ben & Jerry type ice cream is the most awful, disgusting tack ever and not worth the €3. Ben & Jerry's is yer only man.

Advertisement