Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seder-Masochism (Nina Paley's next film)

Options
  • 13-10-2014 12:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭

I've mentioned Nina Paley's work before: her previous film Sita Sings The Blues told the Hindu epic Ramayana using 1920s jazz. Very weird. Seder-Masochism, as you can probably tell from the name, is about Jewish history, and is still under production, but a few scenes have been released. This Land Is Mine is a song from the 1960 "Zionist epic" Exodus:

The latest excerpt covers the Exodus story of the death of all the first-born in Egypt:

Don't make the mistake I just did, of watching it just before I'm supposed to be going to sleep ... I'm thoroughly weirded out. :(

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

— Edgar Mitchell, Apollo 14 Astronaut

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,292 ✭✭✭✭branie2

That was freaky!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

It looks like a helluva lot of work. Nina's been working on the Ten Plagues of Egypt, and now has short versions of them all linked from her website here. The 3rd (Lice) have me scratching myself ... :eek:

From out there on the moon, international politics look so petty. You want to grab a politician by the scruff of the neck and drag him a quarter of a million miles out and say, ‘Look at that, you son of a bitch’.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,959 ✭✭✭✭bnt

Nina's still posting episodes of Seder-Masochism on Vimeo. The latest, Tabernaculous!, is deeply weird and probably NSFW. :eek:

Advertisement