Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

LG G3 Availability in Ireland.

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,511 ✭✭✭digitaldr

Might be of interest:

Oct 02 02:02

Hi,

I was thinking of buying a LG G3 from you but have seen reports of random shutdowns http://forum.xda-developers.com/lg-g3/help/lg-g3-d855-shutsdown-t2803292Have you had many returns for this issue and is it fixable?

Thanks

Kind regards

CS1 - Sales & Support (eGlobaL Central (EU))

Oct 03 16:39

Dear xxcc

Thank you for the interest in placing order with us.

With regard to your inquiry please be kindly informed that it is fixable by factory resetting it.
    The shut down might cause by particular apps.

Should you have further inquiries please feel free to contact us

Best Regards,
    eglobal central (EU)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

I had an email back from eglobal this morning and they said the same thing "do a factory reset" ,i told them i had already done 2 and it was still shutting down so they will take it back and replace it with a new one,i must say i was surprised with how quickly they sorted it...soon after the said they would take it back i had TNT couriers calling me and we agreed on a pick up time and they collected it this afternoon...

Very impressive service. Wonder does this mean that LG have acknowledged that it's definitely a hardware problem. Will you still be selling on the replacement and getting a Z3?

digitaldr wrote: »
    Very impressive service. Wonder does this mean that LG have acknowledged that it's definitely a hardware problem. Will you still be selling on the replacement and getting a Z3?

I dont know to be honest it really is a great phone so maybe ill give it another chance :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1 jimmy998

when I checked online, it seemed that 4g would work on the d855 version with 3 network and Vodafone, could someone please confirm that with me.

• Advertisement

jimmy998 wrote: »
    when I checked online, it seemed that 4g would work on the d855 version with 3 network and Vodafone, could someone please confirm that with me.

Im with three and 4g is working fine

• Registered Users Posts: 2,431 ✭✭✭Ivefoundgod

On the fence between this and the Z3. Z3 likely to be more expensive and the screen on this is tempting me plus the majority of reviews are very positive. Where did most of you guys get yours from? Seems eGlobal is the place to get it, around €400 for the 16gb version, is that the best price or is it possible to get it somewhere else? I'm on three so i'd need it to be compatible with their 4g bands but as far as I can tell it is. Looking at this one: http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d855-4g-lte-16gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

On the fence between this and the Z3. Z3 likely to be more expensive and the screen on this is tempting me plus the majority of reviews are very positive. Where did most of you guys get yours from? Seems eGlobal is the place to get it, around €400 for the 16gb version, is that the best price or is it possible to get it somewhere else? I'm on three so i'd need it to be compatible with their 4g bands but as far as I can tell it is. Looking at this one: http://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d855-4g-lte-16gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html

For an extra €40 you can get the 32gb one https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d855-4g-lte-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html sign up for their newsletter and you get €6 off so €423 for a 32gb model ,its well worth and yeah im with three and have 4g coverage with no issues.

For an extra €40 you can get the 32gb one https://www.eglobalcentral.eu/lg-g3-d855-4g-lte-32gb-sim-free-unlocked-black.html sign up for their newsletter and you get €6 off so €423 for a 32gb model ,its well worth and yeah im with three and have 4g coverage with no issues.

Yeah I saw that but not sure I'd really need the extra 16gb. I've got a 32gb Micro SD and don't store huge amounts of music on my phone as I've unlimited data and Play Music Subscription. Out of interest, what colour did you go for? I was in Madrid recently and got to play around with a G3 in a store there which is what got me interested but I only saw the Silver/Titanium model. Whats the white one like? The gold is not for me.

Yeah I saw that but not sure I'd really need the extra 16gb. I've got a 32gb Micro SD and don't store huge amounts of music on my phone as I've unlimited data and Play Music Subscription. Out of interest, what colour did you go for? I was in Madrid recently and got to play around with a G3 in a store there which is what got me interested but I only saw the Silver/Titanium model. Whats the white one like? The gold is not for me.

Yeah go for the 16gb then if you feel you wont need the extra space, ive a black 32bg model and a friend of mine has the gold one the black in my opinion is much nicer and more sleek looking

• Advertisement

Thanks for the info, will have to make a decision in a week or two when pay day comes. Will be posting in here if I go for the G3, thanks again.

• Registered Users Posts: 299 ✭✭Mezamo

I'm looking at buying an LG G3 in the next couple of weeks from a european supplier as they're not sold in Ireland apparently. Anyone know if it will be 4G compatible with the vodafone network??

Will be buying one myself in about two weeks. The lads on here bought from eglobal and thats where I'm looking. Around €430 for the 32gb. If you find anywhere else let me know.

• Registered Users Posts: 48 DC403l

Pixmania are selling the LG G3 for €418 including vat and delivery. You get a EU warranty plus you won't be caught out by customs as they are sold within the EU. Revenue are clamping down on foreign companies mislabelling invoices so there is a good chance now that you might be caught out and have to pay in the area of about 100€ if you order off eglobal.

pixmania(.)ie/search/LG---G3---Gold---16-GB---4G---Smartphone.html

Thats the 16Gb version with 2GB RAM. Having read up a bit I'd be going for the 32gb with 3GB RAM if only to make it a bit more futureproof. Pixmania are charging €500 for the 32GB G3 in comparison to €430 at eGlobal. I can see why people would prefer to go with a European supplier but I think I'll chance eGlobal, if I do get caught for customs it's not likely to be much more than €70 difference between the two in price and going by the other threads on eGlobal theres a very good chance of getting through.

• Registered Users Posts: 506 ✭✭✭D_turbo

Thinking of getting one of these amid rumours og the nexus 6 size and price hike.

What are peoples general tuaghts?
    I dont know any one with one to try before i buy so ill be going on a presumption that its nice to use.

Did any one use eglobal with no custom charges?

D_turbo wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one of these amid rumours og the nexus 6 size and price hike.

I dont know any one with one to try before i buy so ill be going on a presumption that its nice to use.

I bought one from eglobal with no custom charges have a read of this thread lots of people have bought from them with no issues http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2057154505

D_turbo wrote: »

I was seriously tempted but went for the OnePlus one instead. Never got to try either before buying. What put me off the G3 was surprisingly enough the screen - reports of washed out colours, not great brightness, poor battery life, random shutdowns in standby and some stuttering. On the other hand removable battery and micro SD card would have been nice. If I had got it would have gone the egolobal route as would still have worked out similar to other sellers if got caught for tax & duty and a lot less if didn't. 2 year warranty is also supplied by them (let's hope they're around long enough!) and I know someone on this thread is expecting a replacement for a faulty G3 so will be interesting to see how that pans out.

There's lots of comparison videos on YouTube for G3 but still no substitute for seeing one in the flesh. I scoured the Chinese phone shops on Moore Street and Cex. (rip off merchants!) but none of them had any G3s. Was supposed to be visiting Derry soon but couldn't get any reply from any of the phone shops there.

I've had my 64gig (more than enough storage for me) OnePlus for a few days now and couldn't be happier with it. Bought from UK store with an invite & Parcelmotel.

I've often thought it'd be great if a boards phone tryout meet up could be arranged.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

I'm based in the UK so picking up a phone isn't a problem fortunately.
    I'm toying with the idea of the LG G3, Galxy S5 or HTC One M8. They're all priced the same give or take a pound here or there.

Does anybody have any recommendations one way or the other regarding the options?

I was seriously tempted but went for the OnePlus one instead. Never got to try either before buying. What put me off the G3 was surprisingly enough the screen - reports of washed out colours, not great brightness, poor battery life, random shutdowns in standby and some stuttering. On the other hand removable battery and micro SD card would have been nice. If I had got it would have gone the egolobal route as would still have worked out similar to other sellers if got caught for tax & duty and a lot less if didn't. 2 year warranty is also supplied by them (let's hope they're around long enough!) and I know someone on this thread is expecting a replacement for a faulty G3 so will be interesting to see how that pans out.

There's lots of comparison videos on YouTube for G3 but still no substitute for seeing one in the flesh. I scoured the Chinese phone shops on Moore Street and Cex. (rip off merchants!) but none of them had any G3s. Was supposed to be visiting Derry soon but couldn't get any reply from any of the phone shops there.

I've had my 64gig (more than enough storage for me) OnePlus for a few days now and couldn't be happier with it. Bought from UK store with an invite & Parcelmotel.

I've often thought it'd be great if a boards phone tryout meet up could be arranged.

Yeah the one Plus one Is to big For me. And if i decide to get a big phone , it will be a nexus 6 as iv been waiting for its launch since i skippd the 5 as my nexus 4 was still fine..but at this rate its eating battery and iv had it since day one so want to upgrade now.

If the nexus 6 isnt Price HIked,and the 5.9" Disply...not mind the whole phone being bigger ....Ill be getting that.

but The 5.9" Rumours are Strong, Few more days to wait for news on it i guess..but Im weighing up options now so i can act fast if its not what i want.

Its between HTC one M8 and LG g3...Iv held a HTC M8 and used one, Loved it. Loce there Skin aswell...But The LG looks much Nicer IMO and iv a fondness For LG after the nexus Line

• Advertisement

and I know someone on this thread is expecting a replacement for a faulty G3 so will be interesting to see how that pans out.

There was a delay in shipping with TNT as they didnt send me on all the documents so egloabl only received it last Friday and i had an email from them this morning saying that they are inspecting it and will update me tomorrow.

KeithTS wrote: »
    I'm based in the UK so picking up a phone isn't a problem fortunately.
    I'm toying with the idea of the LG G3, Galxy S5 or HTC One M8. They're all priced the same give or take a pound here or there.

Does anybody have any recommendations one way or the other regarding the options?

I went from the HTC one M7 to the G3 and at the moment im using a Galaxy S4 ,if you read through here you'll see i had a problem with the G3 where is just randomly shuts down so i had to send it back to the company where i bought im hoping to have it back this week.

The HTC was a great phone when i had it first but the last few months i had a few issues with the microphone and had to get it repaired twice that was the main reason for upgrading to the G3,but a friend of mine has the M8 and he had the same problems with the microphone and only this week he had the phone replaced by Meteor.

Personally i would choose the G3 over the S5 and M8.

• Registered Users Posts: 743 ✭✭✭KeithTS

Cheers Moose, good to know that even though you've had a bad experience the LG has still won you over.
    I'm leaning towards the LG but without having a play with one first I'm skeptical

Just bit the bullet on this. Ordered from eGlobal, got a €5 discount so came to €422.99 all in. Won't get to use it properly until the 24th regardless of when it arrives as I'm giving my 5s to my girlfriend as an extra birthday present that day so will have to keep it hidden away until then but I'll keep you guys posted on how long it takes and what I think of it. Can't wait for it now :)

Just bit the bullet on this. Ordered from eGlobal, got a €5 discount so came to €422.99 all in. Won't get to use it properly until the 24th regardless of when it arrives as I'm giving my 5s to my girlfriend as an extra birthday present that day so will have to keep it hidden away until then but I'll keep you guys posted on how long it takes and what I think of it. Can't wait for it now :)

Id say you could have it Friday morning or if you're in Dublin you could collect it from DHL on Saturday i think,you will notice a massive difference when moving from a 5s ,dont do what i did and use a nano to micro sim adaptor trust me just go into your carrier and get a micro sim replacement they're free.

Really? That quick? I was thinking would be late next week at best. Not near Dublin but no rush for it really as I can't use it until properly until Friday. I can't wait to get rid of the 5s, well and truly fed up with it and iOS 8 is so buggy at the moment, Quiz Up instantly crashes for me now, can't open it at all and numerous other bugs plus small screen are just annoying me now. Can't wait for the LG, browsing cases at the moment, not normally a case person but like the look of the Quick Circle Case, might give it a go. Yeah I read back through the thread a few weeks ago and made sure to take note of that, will head down to Three to get the micro sim. Presume they can activate immediately?

Pics surfacing of the nexus X..

Much to big...awfully dissapointed.

more then likely order the LG Friday,

Whats the difference in the D858 and the D 855?

Those leaked pictures are what made me order the G3, was keen on it anyway but lack of reasonably sized Nexus made it a no brainer for me. 5.9 is too big and leaks I saw made it look fairly ugly too IMO. The D858 is the dual sim model, only released in Asia from what I remember.

Those leaked pictures are what made me order the G3, was keen on it anyway but lack of reasonably sized Nexus made it a no brainer for me. 5.9 is too big and leaks I saw made it look fairly ugly too IMO. The D858 is the dual sim model, only released in Asia from what I remember.

Yeah,,,The usual Nexus value had me convinced i was a loyal customer...but that looked very bad...and iv never rated motorolas IN phone before , and love my nexus 4 so its a bit of a no brainer for me...once they confirm the terrible 5.9" size on nexus tomorrow.

has any one Used camera for recording in areas of loud noise?

I have a nokia n9 that has very good quality sound with loud noise recordring in videos...The nexus 4 how ever was a complete Joke...Muffled very easily...

• Advertisement

Really? That quick? I was thinking would be late next week at best. Not near Dublin but no rush for it really as I can't use it until properly until Friday. I can't wait to get rid of the 5s, well and truly fed up with it and iOS 8 is so buggy at the moment, Quiz Up instantly crashes for me now, can't open it at all and numerous other bugs plus small screen are just annoying me now. Can't wait for the LG, browsing cases at the moment, not normally a case person but like the look of the Quick Circle Case, might give it a go. Yeah I read back through the thread a few weeks ago and made sure to take note of that, will head down to Three to get the micro sim. Presume they can activate immediately?

I ordered mine on a Thursday night and had it the following Wednesday morning so really it was just 3 business days,im not into cases either and i still havent got one for mine but i might do soon,im on the three network too they just give you the sim and you activate it yourself online it says it takes 24hrs but is usually done in a couple of hours.

Advertisement