Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Controlling iphone (not jailbroken) from PC?

Options
  • 13-10-2014 5:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭

So I do a lot of testing on iphone currently and am looking for a way to control the device from the PC rather than holding the phone.. yup, I'm lazy..

This can be done with various VNC solutions but it seems the device has to be jailbroken which isn't an option for me (restricted business phone).

Is there a way to accomplish this without jailbreak? Not only view the phone screen but click here and there too.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,492 ✭✭✭daymobrew

I don't think that RealVNC needs a jailbroken iPhone.

Sorry - that is the VNC client, not a server.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Yeah it makes sense that Apple want to protect the phone from other SW can can in essence become superuser on the phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,030 ✭✭✭colm_c

If you're developing/testing apps you can use UIAutomation to interact with your app.

There's a few tools for websites / webapps -- phonegap and Safari developer tools can be helpful.

Otherwise it's jailbreaking and third party apps I'm afraid.

Advertisement