Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Love/Hate (v2) [** Spoilers **]

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85,656 ✭✭✭✭JP Liz V1

Does Tommy, Elmo and Aido know too about Nidge and Linda or was it only Darren who knew?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Strongbow10

please clear up a bet, is Don Baker the solicitor in Love Hate.

theres nothing conclusive on this

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,559 ✭✭✭✭AnonoBoy

Ger Carey plays him.

It's listed on IMDB. Pretty conclusive.

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0136960/?ref_=ttfc_fc_cl_t19
    http://nolanmuldoonagency.com/actors-male/ger-carey/

• Registered Users Posts: 3,848 ✭✭✭Pentecost

Yes

When did it show that? I must have missed it. Obviously I saw he was eyeing her up, was it when she came back from talking to the cops?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,372 ✭✭✭Gadgetman496

No, it's Ger Carey I think

Ger-Carey1.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

Who was Paddy praying for in the graveyard last night..? After the attack on Paddy last year by Nidge and Wayne did we not see Paddy queuing at the airport and fleeing the country. How come he is back braver than ever?

Me thinks Siobhan and Paulie keep it going for a while. Nidge gets deeper into debt with Terence. Moynihan realises that Big Balls is the money bags behind the operation. Siobhan realises blood is thicker than water and instead of shopping Nidge she sets up Paulie. nidge turns supergrass to Moynihan to help bring Big balls down in return for immunity.

Give me a screen writing job .... now

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭Ascii

No, it's Ger Carey I think

Ger-Carey1.jpg

Did he play the solicitor in fair city also or was that Baker

Ascii wrote: »
    Who was Paddy praying for in the graveyard last night..? After the attack on Paddy last year by Nidge and Wayne did we not see Paddy queuing at the airport and fleeing the country. How come he is back braver than ever?

Me thinks Siobhan and Paulie keep it going for a while. Nidge gets deeper into debt with Terence. Moynihan realises that Big Balls is the money bags behind the operation. Siobhan realises blood is thicker than water and instead of shopping Nidge she sets up Paulie. nidge turns supergrass to Moynihan to help bring Big balls down in return for immunity.

Who died belong to Paddy, was it a child or father?

Did he play the solicitor in fair city also or was that Baker

No,The Fair City solicitor was played by Frank Smith (Anthony Farrell)

Baker did play the part of the jailed drug dealer at one point where the investment guy (Eddie) was jailed, the guy that Wayne helped scam his mother Delores.

FairSun3020136281559705.jpg

"Everybody is a genius. But if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree, it will live its whole life believing that it is stupid."

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Pentecost wrote: »
    When did it show that? I must have missed it. Obviously I saw he was eyeing her up, was it when she came back from talking to the cops?

Yea. She said something about him having to be gone before the kid wakes up.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 27,834 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

I thought a requisite of being a screen writer would be being able to follow what's going on, on screen.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭onlyme!

A few more f-bombs is what this show needs!

Who was Paddy praying for in the graveyard last night..? did we not see Paddy queuing at the airport and fleeing the country. How come he is back braver than ever?

I think you have quite a bit of watching to do before you aspire to the writing Ascii.

Airport? what airport?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

Blay wrote: »
    She said 'Leyton/Leighton is my little lad, you have to be gone before he wakes up'

Just shows how bad a mother she is that she was unsure of the spelling of her son's name..

• Registered Users Posts: 20,823 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

That was a bad bet. :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

Exclusive spoiler of episode 2.
    Having failed to kill Nidge in their first attempt, the travellers deploy a drone to hunt him down.
    When Nidge decides to use the cash to buy himself a headstone just in case, he carries it out with the help of Fran and Kieth Duffy's character. Before they get a chance to load the headstone into the van, they spot the drone which opens fire with it's mounted machine gun. It first gets Kieth's character, killing him swiftly and leaving him completely eviscerated.
    Then it targets Fran. But Fran managed to survive with just wounds to his shoulder and legs. During this time, Nidge is hiding behind the headstone. The drone's operator sees Nidge's head pop up from the headstone and takes aim. Nidge quickly ducks down to avoid fire. The Drone starts firing all it's got at the headstone.
    While the headstone (a very thick, solid marble one) is providing adequate protection from the machine gun bullets, it wouldn't be long before the headstone would eventually give in and break leaving Nidge vulnerable to the mounted machine gun and its high ammo capacity. So Fran takes out his gun which had only one bullet left and takes aim at the drone while it's attention was focused on Nidge.
    "I have just one fukkin' shot. I have to make it count" said Fran. So he aims for the drone's weak spot (as you can tell, I don't know that much about drones :o) and he shoots it which sends the drone crashing down to the ground.
    Meanwhile, back at the traveller site, Patrick checks with the drone operator to see how it's going. "Well boss, did ya get him yet? " said Patrick. "Mission failed boss, mission failed" said the drone operator.
    Nidge gets out from behind the heavily damaged headstone and turns to Fran and says "Jaysus! How did you even survive let alone shoot down a drone in one shot?".
    Fran takes the bone of Git's finger out from his pocket and says "This, Nidgey. It's me lucky fukkin' charm".
    By this time, the whole commotion attracted a crowd of bystanders looking on as the drone is in a broken mess on the ground. Nidge tells Fran "don't die on me yet. keep hanging in there.".
    "Relax, Nidgey. I'll be coola boola as long as I get to hospital." said Fran.
    Nidge turns to the crowd and shouts "Don't just stand there ya bleedin' muppets. Call a fukkin ambulance now!"
    Fran then asks Nidge "who the fuk sent a bleedin' drone after ya anyway?".
    "Them Traveller bastards." said Nidge.
    "What's their beef with you Nidgey?"
    asked Fran. "It's complicated" said Nidge.
    Nidge then says "Looks like I'll have to go back in there and get a new one."
    Fran looks at the body of Kieth Duffy's character, then turns to Nidge and says "Make that two." as he points to the body.
    Then, a man emerges from the crowd and it turns out to be none other than Tommy. Nidge sees Tommy and says "Tommy? You've recovered again?". "Yeah" said Tommy.
    Then Tommy asks "What's the craic with that drone?". Nidge tells him "I'll explain it to ya later, alright?"
    Nidge then turns to the crowd and says "Have any of you called for a bleedin Ambulance yet?"
    One person in the crowd says "I did. They said the'll be here soon".
    Nidge then says "Right, while we're waiting for the ambulance I'll go back in and get the headstone replaced".
    Tommy asks him "Could you get me a Fizzy Orange while you're at it?".
    Nidge gives Tommy a confused look and then turns to Fran who just shrugs. Then he turns back to Tommy and says "I'll get you a fizzy orange if ya help me carry the headstones."
    Nidge and Tommy pick up the headstone. Nidge says "Jaysus. This headstone carrying bollocks is exhausting". Fran then remarks "I bet you'll be absolutely 'knackered' by the time you're done." (followed by a wry smile)
    Nidge, Fran and the crowd burst into laughter. Poor brain damaged Tommy didn't quite get the joke but he decided to join in on the laughter anyway.

Then the Ambulance finally arrived to get Fran to hospital. the end :)

You've read it here first :D

You must have a busy life.... That was very poor humour!

• Registered Users Posts: 763 ✭✭✭Lucy and Harry

BzNvihXIgAALFrV.jpg:large I can see Elmo taking over he seems to have grown up and even gave Fran lip in the car.Love to see Nidgy doing a head lice advert.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,944 ✭✭✭trashcan

I think people are picking over the bones of things a bit too much, so, having said that, I'll add my tuppence ;)

Thought it was decent last night, don't hold with criticising things for being too slow, as long as the story is moving forward, Couple of thing seemed inconsistent though:

Fran and Elmo seemed to have had personality transplants, and this is within weeks of the end of the last series. Elmo way too confident and in control now. Remember him begging for his life from Darren in Series 3 ? or pleading that he wasn't a rat in the last series ? Fran the psycho also seemed to cave in very easily to Nidge (though I accept this might not be over by a long way. ) Paddy the pipebomber had to run in fear of his life from Nidge in the last series, now he has an army ready to take him on and is cocksure enough to tell Nidge to shove his money and directly threaten him (use it to buy a headstone).

• Registered Users Posts: 12,121 ✭✭✭✭Grandeeod

Some of the criticism here is one of the reasons I got out of filmmaking. After decades of under achievement in TV drama, we finally nail it and now it's dissected more than worms in a leaving certificate biology class. Is it because the writer is Irish? Is it because it's an Irish based and casted show?

Honestly lads, Vikings is also a predominately Irish TV show, but doesn't receive nearly as much in depth criticism. Are the Irish as viewers really so insecure about Irish produced TV, that we have to resort to such low levels of criticism in an era where we are actually starting to make inroads? I'm all for criticism, but some of it comes across as if our TV/Filmaking lives depend on it.

ricero wrote: »
    I predict nidge orders Fran to kill patrick

Oh yes and then Paddy can tell Fran about the pipe bomb

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭BMJD

Grandeeod wrote: »
    Some of the criticism here is one of the reasons I got out of filmmaking. After decades of under achievement in TV drama, we finally nail it and now it's dissected more than worms in a leaving certificate biology class. Is it because the writer is Irish? Is it because it's an Irish based and casted show?

Honestly lads, Vikings is also a predominately Irish TV show, but doesn't receive nearly as much in depth criticism. Are the Irish as viewers really so insecure about Irish produced TV, that we have to resort to such low levels of criticism in an era where we are actually starting to make inroads? I'm all for criticism, but some of it comes across as if our TV/Filmaking lives depend on it.

it's because we are all real-life criminals so we know what we are talking about :p

I never picked up that Paulie was Big Balls' nephew.

Was it explicitly stated?

Yes it was stated when Terrence (Big balls) told Nidge "Here's my nephew Paulie"

irishfeen wrote: »
    We won't go mad now and say something ridiculous..... :)

I liked Breaking Bad now myself although it isnt as good as the Wire (in my honest opinion). Each to their own though. If the lad wasnt taken by it then he wasnt taken by it.

Dont forget Lizzie handed someone a gun. Is a revenge hit on the horizon?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

Ok I think a rewatch of most of the seasons is in order this and next week. Im definitely skipping the first season, it was the weakest I feel.

Now the question is, should I skip season two as well?

Aidan Gillen as "John Boy" Power and Ruth Negga as Rosie Moynihan both did my head in. Terrible acting from both.

So straight to season two or three? Thoughts?

• Registered Users Posts: 8,119 ✭✭✭batistuta9

skip 3 & 4 as well sure while you're at it and just tune in next sunday

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭IvaBigWun

batistuta9 wrote: »
    skip 3 & 4 as well sure while you're at it and just tune in next sunday

;)

The whole point of the rewatch is to jog my memory. I was lost last night on first viewing of the new episode.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

People just have super high expectations for it. I watched last night's episode again and found it better second time round. Still, I found myself skipping through bits of it, which I did the same as I watched breaking bad.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,307 Mod ✭✭✭✭mzungu

Will the nits have much of a part to play in S5?

Ah, they are being slowly introduced this season, but I see them having a more major role in series 6. Where they infest all the lads and end up taking over Nidges empire annoying Terence in the process. Season 6 will all be about Nits vs Terence showdown, you mark my words.
    roise2000 wrote: »
    On a whole it was a good episode, but didn't Janet break it off with Nidge at the end of the last season over leaving Debbie and the other girl to rot in the house after they O'D?

I dont believe she broke it off with him, I think she was just a bit put off by Nidges indifference towards the OD.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭emanresu esrever

I think you are stretching it saying they have nailed it. It isnt that brilliant. Very entertaining but far from a masterpiece by any stretch of the imagination. It isnt as imaginative as people make out, in fact it very clearly tries to depict certain stereotypes which is verging on anti imaginative. The characters are very entertaining and well portrayed but tbe show is far too paced at times, neglecting characters. If i wasnt Irish, i wouldnt be too pushed about it but its over publicised and you cant help but watch it.

Saying that it is the best thing rte has produced but the standard is hardly high.

This isnt a criticism, im just stating my opinion. I just sometimes people overexaggerate how good this is.

Ps if ypu cant take criticism, you are in the wrong profession.

Advertisement