Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

210lbs 6'2 progress (pics)

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

My point was going to be that by playing a sport you'd find out if the muscle was useful or not. Or just for show.

I've seen big muscly lads be atrocious at a sport, even fly fishing.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

nice_guy80 wrote: »
    My point was going to be that by playing a sport you'd find out if the muscle was useful or not. Or just for show.

And if he's not a much better rugby player, does it take from the effort to get in his condition?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

Your physique at 5 foot 10 would be impressive but at 6'2 it's very very impressive, Did you say your max bench at 18 stone was 145kg?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭ford2600

JJayoo wrote: »
    Your physique at 5 foot 10 would be impressive but at 6'2 it's very very impressive, Did you say your max bench at 18 stone was 145kg?

Only an Irishman could post that!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,561 ✭✭✭JJayoo

ford2600 wrote: »
    Only an Irishman could post that!

Which part? where I complemented his physique? or when I asked a question?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21,981 ✭✭✭✭Hanley

The mix of metric and imperial.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Personally, I have to say fair play to you, OP. It's a fantastic body and you obviously put a lot of effort and hard work into it.

It's not something I'd like myself, personally (maybe for 6 months for the novelty), as it seems such a physique would be very high-maintenance. Even though I'm a fat ass at the moment, and trying to lose weight, I still like to think that when I get to a sensible weight, I can enjoy my odd Haribo binge eating every now and then without much concern (whereas it looks like such a thing wouldn't be at all possible in your world). (I could well be wrong though!?)

I also find it amazing that you say you don't do any sports. Can I ask why? I don't know how you'd manage to workout like that (I presume a lot of hours put in each week) just for.. well.. the sake of it? (personally, I find I lose interest in getting in shape just for the sake of it, and I'm looking for some kind of relatively easy going sport to try out, just to keep me enthused about losing weight in general, and I'm only really at this for the last 3-4 months. How you've managed to stay so dedicated for four years without a sport or other such activity/ies to keep you motivated, I don't know).

I absolutely applaud your determination. But if i were you I'd be sitting down and thinking 'how can I make money off this'. Become a personal trainer or a stripper or something. People would flock to you. :) (and I say that whilst trying to sound as heterosexual as possible).

Fair play to you, man. You just need some busty young one spilling out of her bra in the photo with you and it'd be like an advert for Kangol boxer shorts.

Completely wrong. You're trying to lose weight yourself so you should really know about this kind of stuff through your own research already. It's possible to enjoy a cheat day every once in a while as long as you still track your calories to avoid going overboard. IIFYM! Good job on keeping up the weight loss yourself, but as you get closer to your goal weight you really should incorporate some lifting into your sessions and adjust your calorie intake accordingly to build at least some muscle because you may have some excess loose skin and this would help fill it. Plus, there's no denying women love muscles.

Mixing imperial and metric in the question?

Edit Hanley got there first

• Registered Users Posts: 352 ✭✭RomanGod

Remmy wrote: »
    What did you weigh before you started lifting?

130lbs soaking wet

Was literally a stick

I'd destroy you at table tennis. That's considered a sport right?

• Advertisement

Fair point, it's easier to pack on size at a shorter height, reason why most of the Mr Olympia line up are 5'8. I was lucky that my metabolism is quite slow so i can bulk on as little as 3300 cals

Bench was always weak enough because I had an injured rotator cuff in my first year lifting (imbalance issues). 145 is the heaviest I ever went to, I could rep 120 for 8 though so 150+ could have been a achievable. Will test it during my next bulk

• Registered Users Posts: 2,921 ✭✭✭Remmy

RomanGod wrote: »
    130lbs soaking wet

Was literally a stick

fuark I was expecting you to say 190 ish or so. fair fecks .

hairyslug wrote: »
    Am very ****ing jealous, is there any chance you could just put a days diet plan down, also how did you keep to it, with the gym I have no problem getting myself into the gym 5 days a week but when it comes to the diet, it goes out the window, either by not eating enough or just eating a whole world of crap

I'll do you one better, ill post a screenshot of what I ate today

Also buy lunchboxes, learn to cook and add tasteful flavours, a squeeze of lemon on a chicken breast is great. If you don't do this you'll end up buying lunch rolls in that shop beside your work. It will deter your fitness goals and will actually cost more

30u7e50.png

9i7akl.png

• Closed Accounts Posts: 161 ✭✭caolfx

Bodybuilding - not a sport. Fly fishing - sport.

Riiiight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,723 ✭✭✭nice_guy80

SuperOito wrote: »
    Bodybuilding - not a sport. Fly fishing - sport.

Riiiight.

I was responding to an earlier comment.
    Fly fishing is a hobby.
    Body building is for performance - for show. Like flower arranging.

But hey, fair play if it gets you off the couch every day

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,188 ✭✭✭DoYouEvenLift

Fly fishing is a hobby.

Lol, whatever makes you feel better for being physically inferior to people in good, healthy condition, buddy!

Fly fishing is a hobby.

So, if he played a sport, the training would be commendable.

But because he doesn't play a sport now it isn't.

Right.

So, if he played a sport, the training would be commendable.

But because he doesn't play a sport now it isn't.

Right.

What the OP has done is mental! Well done take a bow.

OP's transformation for early photographs to latest is astonishing, that he did it in 3 years is almost unbelievable.

I don't think, if he has the drive and self regard necessary to make that change he is going to be bothered by one or two anonymous negative comments on an internet forum.

ford2600 wrote: »
    What the OP has done is mental! Well done take a bow.

OP's transformation for early photographs to latest is astonishing, that he did it in 3 years is almost unbelievable.

I don't think, if he has the drive and self regard necessary to make that change he is going to be bothered by one or two anonymous negative comments on an internet forum.

True dat.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,127 ✭✭✭colman1212

Fly fishing is a hobby.

The guy is in incredible shape. Fair play to him.
    I really don't understand your negativity. It's a health and fitness forum, most of the people who go to the gym, do so because they want to look good, and only ever dream of achieving what this guy has by the age of 22. Whether it is for a sport or not is completely irrelevant.
    Op, why not look at competing in some physique competitions to see where you're at? I'm living in Oz and it is massive out here. I'm assuming its still not a big thing at home.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 875 ✭✭✭Kurn

colman1212 wrote: »
    The guy is in incredible shape. Fair play to him.
    I really don't understand your negativity. It's a health and fitness forum, most of the people who go to the gym, do so because they want to look good, and only ever dream of achieving what this guy has by the age of 22. Whether it is for a sport or not is completely irrelevant.
    Op, why not look at competing in some physique competitions to see where you're at? I'm living in Oz and it is massive out here. I'm assuming its still not a big thing at home.

Jealous, obviously of course, what else could it be? To the OP well done, great results!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,204 ✭✭✭dodderangler

He started young and transformed to decent size and shape. I'm 25 now and 6"2 101 kg.
    what are the chances I could change to that shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,380 ✭✭✭daRobot

Fair play to you, you're in incredible shape.

An average 10kgs of muscle per year, is a massive amount to put on. Not trying to knock your achievements whatsoever, but was it done naturally?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,297 ✭✭✭Ri_Nollaig

Fly fishing is a hobby.

...wow jealous much?

To the OP, you have the physique 99% of us dream of getting. Have to laugh at the pathetic attempt to belittle it by saying it doesn't count because you "don't play sport".

• Registered Users Posts: 2 silverpram

99% of other Geordie Shore wannabes with low self esteem maybe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,538 ✭✭✭btkm8unsl0w5r4

Fly fishing is a hobby.

That is so patronizing and petty. Off the couch....WTF this guy obviously carried the couch around over his head half the day.

I have seen lads fat a fook lift big weights and be good at rugby. What is your point except to lob in bitter grenades.
    "I dont mean to take away from your achievements" translates into "I need to find a way to take away from your achievements"

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

daRobot wrote:
    An average 10kgs of muscle per year, is a massive amount to put on. Not trying to knock your achievements whatsoever, but was it done naturally?

80 pounds in 4 years?? Seems alot for natural lifter. 20 pounds maybe in your first year but not each year after. Geneti

• Registered Users Posts: 242 ✭✭mcbobbyb

daRobot wrote:

80 pounds in 4 years?? 20 pounds maybe in your first year.

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭blackbullet

I do 40 min walk every day since the spring ive lost 8 pounds keep up the good exersise.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 36,236 ✭✭✭✭LuckyLloyd

First off, to RomanGod: ****ing fair play. Magnificent achievement.
    silverpram wrote: »
    99% of other Geordie Shore wannabes with low self esteem maybe

I'm glad I'll never really understand or empathise with the twisted, hateful mindset that would want to come on to a thread like this and post negatively towards it. Particularly when the OP has answered every follow on question he's been asked. This is a great thread really.

However, apart from plain old Irish begrudgery, there is no doubt that a large bulk of the population here view health and fitness through a prism of:

- good at football?
    - good at GAA?
    - lol rugger
    - oh, you run then?

And everything else doesn't exist or is "weird" and "pointless".

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement