Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GoPro Mouth Mounts Finally Here!

Options
  • 30-09-2014 6:58pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4

Check 'em out boys!
    [snip]

Soft silicone mouthpieces with polycarbonate mounts, and anodized aluminum bolts. Over 5000 color combinations available.

2-3 day shipping for USA is $5, and 6-10 day shipping for any other country is $25.

Any questions, just ask!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,728 ✭✭✭rodento

HoStevie wrote: »
    Check 'em out boys!
    [snip]

Soft silicone mouthpieces with polycarbonate mounts, and anodized aluminum bolts. Over 5000 color combinations available.

2-3 day shipping for USA is $5, and 6-10 day shipping for any other country is $25.

Any questions, just ask!

Ok, how safe is it to surf with something like that in your mouth :D

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4 HoStevie

rodento wrote: »
    Ok, how safe is it to surf with something like that in your mouth :D
    Very safe!
    We use soft silicone scuba mouthpieces :)

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MACtic

Very safe!

Source? Research? Tests? Anything?

MACtic wrote: »
    Source? Research? Tests? Anything?
    Is this a joke!?
    You know what, you should probably stay away from this if you think silicone is going to hurt your teeth/mouth.

More a case of what kind of damage can one do, if they wipe out on a wave and the camera etc gets slammed into their face.

Just sounds like a real dodgy peace of kit to use unless your an pro

• Advertisement

rodento wrote: »
    More a case of what kind of damage can one do, if they wipe out on a wave and the camera etc gets slammed into their face.

Just sounds like a real dodgy peace of kit to use unless your an pro

The camera doesn't touch your face..

Theoretically I guess if it's hanging on the leash, out of your mouth, it could hit your face. But so could your surfboard.

Not trying to burst your bubble but having a leash next to your neck with a camara attached to it is just asking for trouble.

Also the idea of wiping out with a camera attached to my mouth just scares me, keep thinking how the hell would I get enough air in to survive a hold down whole trying to spit the mouth peace out

Sounds nuts but best of luck with it

• Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭MACtic

Is this a joke!?
    You know what, you should probably stay away from this if you think silicone is going to hurt your teeth/mouth.

I will repeat as you try to avoid valid question and try to kill the discussion by trying to turn it into flame war.

Have you done ANY tests or research in order to guarantee full safety of your product?

• Registered Users Posts: 153 ✭✭glide

Guys stop bagging in the guy how do u think all the recent barrel vids are being shot!

Here's Kelly with a mouth mount!

http://youtu.be/WD6j9oGU86M

• Registered Users Posts: 2,712 ✭✭✭zoobizoo

I've noticed a big increase in the number of lads in the water with go pros on their boards.

Surely after watching footage of yourself catching a wave it gets pretty boring viewing - or am I missing something?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,967 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

zoobizoo wrote: »
    I've noticed a big increase in the number of lads in the water with go pros on their boards.

Surely after watching footage of yourself catching a wave it gets pretty boring viewing - or am I missing something?

I don't see the point myself you'd be better off spending the money on some coaching with Ben if you wanted to see your mistakes

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭FirstinLastout

And the point of the Selfie???
    We live in a time of self flattery & self-grandeur:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 1,103 ✭✭✭promethius

no you've got a point. I have one which I've got a few mounts for including a glassed in one on the nose of the board. they're pretty cool at first but looking at the footage gets samey after a few. the wide angle makes head high waves look about 2ft which is just the nature of it. I've found much more fun things to use it for than surfing they're savage cameras to be fair.

genuine question, why is the mouth piece preferable to the miners lamp style attachment? I wouldn't use a mouth piece for a camera but that's just me.

Advertisement