Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rads won't work?????

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

Dtp1979 wrote: »
    I've no idea. Air locks probably. And yes we all earn 400 a day. Fernox or kamco send out free powerflushing machines, along with boxes of chemicals. So when the customer hands over 400, we go on holidays, don't bother paying expenses, vat, insurance, registration fees, diesel bills. It's great to be honest

Fair enuf, I only asked :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 PD Plumbing Supplies

Definitely worth getting the pump checked. If it is working inefficiently it may explain why hot water is only reaching one rad.

• Registered Users Posts: 346 ✭✭dibs101

Thanks guys for all the responses, have someone coming to look at it tomorrow so I can hopefully fill ye in on what the fix was then.... in the famous words of George Hamilton...... "a nation holds its breath"...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

dibs101 wrote: »
    Thanks guys for all the responses, have someone coming to look at it tomorrow so I can hopefully fill ye in on what the fix was then.... in the famous words of George Hamilton...... "a nation holds its breath"...

A pound to a penny says it's the pump and it won't cost you €400..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,593 ✭✭✭emeldc

jca wrote: »
    A pound to a penny says it's the pump and it won't cost you €400..

It will if it takes a day to fit it :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,585 ✭✭✭jca

emeldc wrote: »
    It will if it takes a day to fit it :D

oooooh Nasteee, I got a week's ban for less;) One must thread carefully among the plumbers...

• Registered Users Posts: 12,730 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Well what was the outcome ??

Well what was the outcome ??

So the motorised or summer valve upstairs was stuck sending water to the tank. Also the rad in the extension was plumbed straight to the boiler effectively acting as a cylinder robbing the other rads of heat.

Plumber balanced the system, reduced flow to the big rad in the extension and replaced 3 broken/missing thermostats off the rads. All working fine now.

Delighted with outcome and a somewhat better understanding if how the system works.

Delighted with price too. Thanks for all the advice too...

So the motorised or summer valve upstairs was stuck sending water to the tank. Also the rad in the extension was plumbed straight to the boiler effectively acting as a cylinder robbing the other rads of heat.

Plumber balanced the system, reduced flow to the big rad in the extension and replaced 3 broken/missing thermostats off the rads. All working fine now.

Delighted with outcome and a somewhat better understanding if how the system works.

That's good glad it worked out ok

That's good glad it worked out ok

As a matter of interest does all that sound plausible?

• Advertisement

As a matter of interest does all that sound plausible?

Ye sounds about right

• Registered Users Posts: 16,882 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Could you tell how much he charged & how long it took him & did you get a receipt. There are a lot of people here asking how much this sort of job costs. You get the odd fool on the dole saying he can do it below minimum wage & this confuses things.

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Could you tell how much he charged & how long it took him & did you get a receipt. There are a lot of people here asking how much this sort of job costs. You get the odd fool on the dole saying he can do it below minimum wage & this confuses things.

The whole lot came to 100 euros. That included the 3 thermostats, which I believe were about 30 in total. Then it was 70 in labour for the two hours in total. He was thorough and explaind why and where the problems were. Delighted with cost and service. He offered me a receipt but I genuinely didn't see the need for it.

Advertisement