Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some of Todays Wrestling News and Rumours (Possible spoilers) ***NO CHAT***

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭Dubliner28

Any update on when Daniel Bryan will be back?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭rovert

Long time Canadian broadcaster Arda Ocal has joined the WWE. His new name is Kyle Edwards.

https://twitter.com/arda_ocal/status/514836315154948097

George Harrison sorry Daniel Bryan is #1 in the new PWI 500
    hpYq6MK.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

WTF? Is that a Yeti?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭Garseys

rovert wrote: »
    Long time Canadian broadcaster Arda Ocal has joined the WWE. His new name is Kyle Edwards.

So all the original Aftermath cast are now current or former employees of WWE. Quite like Arda very nice guy.

• Advertisement
  • Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

gerrybbadd wrote: »
    WTF? Is that a Yeti?

you call that a Yeti? THIS is a Yeti
    17_yetti_1.jpg

or sorry, the YEAH-TAY!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Dubliner28 wrote: »
    Any update on when Daniel Bryan will be back?

As far as I know they are still hoping for the Rumble. But obviously that is assuming he recovers as expected. Any set back or whatever and you could be looking at Wrestlemania at best.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Barrett should be back soon though

CastorTroy wrote: »
    Barrett should be back soon though

He's very eager to come back as soon as possible he REALLY doesn't want to be painted with injury prone brush or to be seen as non-contributory.

November is the last date I've read.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,867 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

I wonder if he should come back when he's ready to fight, or just come back sooner to spread the Bad News, since when the gimmick started, he was talking for weeks before he wrestled.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,061 ✭✭✭leggo

He's very eager to come back as soon as possible he REALLY doesn't want to be painted with injury prone brush or to be seen as non-contributory.

November is the last date I've read.

To be fair, the most recent injury was a result of Swagger being a bit over-zealous and careless with him, so it'd be very harsh to tar him with that brush. But that doesn't mean it won't happen...

• Registered Users Posts: 9,820 ✭✭✭grames_bond

It also looked like he was going to be part of the authority, as triple H kept putting him up against shield memebers. I think he would be perfect in that role, deliering bad news and then acting as the muscle - fading kane out of the picture (or at least making him more of a once in a while attraction)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

leggo wrote: »
    To be fair, the most recent injury was a result of Swagger being a bit over-zealous and careless with him, so it'd be very harsh to tar him with that brush. But that doesn't mean it won't happen...

Not to mention, his 2012 injury was a result of a particularly and uncharacteristically careless Big Show lobbing him at such an angle that he couldn't protect himself without something giving.

leggo wrote: »

To be fair Zigger was looking to break out into Main Eventdom proper until he was kicked full force in the head by Swagger. Suffered a concussion and was then jobbed all day as punishment.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

To be fair Zigger was looking to break out into Main Eventdom proper until he was kicked full force in the head by Swagger. Suffered a concussion and was then jobbed all day as punishment.

No he was jobbed because he ran his mouth off in interviews when he was out injured with the concussion. Yes the concussion was Swaggers fault but not the reason why Ziggler ended up being jobbed out.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,915 ✭✭✭Mr.Saturn

Anyone remember that odd HHH angle where he was trying to power through a kayfabe concussion against Axel, yet they'd also acknowledged on-air that Ziggler was down with a legit one?

It's one of those instance in wrestling that made everyone, aside from Ziggler, look bad in so many dimensions it's almost scientific.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Prince Devitt debut on wwe nxt

http://youtu.be/CtOl-0imIqU

He gets some pop

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

D Young return hype video

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Wasnt he ment too be the bunny in Adam Rose's crew?

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

No that was Benoit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Rjd2

Omackeral wrote: »
    No that was Benoit.

Dies 7 years ago in one of the most infamous moments in wrestling history and he comes back from the dead to be the bunny of a lower card dude.

Sounds like typical wasteful WWE booking. :pac:

Kurt Angle did an interview with Alternative Nation. He says that he's reached a verbal agreement for a 1-year contract at an unnamed promotion for a limited schedule starting in January and then retiring. He says he's working for TNA without a contract until then, but due to his knee problems he won't be able to wrestle until January anyway. He also says Spike never funded his contract and that if he wrestled Daniel Bryan, it would be the greatest match of all time.

http://www.alternativenation.net/kurt-angle-interview/

I refuse to believe Global Force Wrestling. The only other promotion that fits the bill is New Japan. Or this is Kurt Angle and he is lying.

Might as well add a plans change all the time in here for good measure too. :P

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

Must be WWE, surely? He's always said he wanted to retire there.

Moneymaker wrote: »
    Must be WWE, surely? He's always said he wanted to retire there.

If it was WWE he wouldn't say a peep.

Also blah, blah not being able to pass the WWE medical.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

I dunno, Kurt has never been the best at keeping his mouth shut.

He's no more banged up then Taker is, keeps himself clean and trains hard he has a match or two left in him I reckon. He could even come in in a non-wrestling role, HoF, mentor a younger guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,301 ✭✭✭✭gerrybbadd

He's no more banged up then Taker is, keeps himself clean and trains hard he has a match or two left in him I reckon. He could even come in in a non-wrestling role, HoF, mentor a younger guy.

I really liked Kurt when he was the Smackdown GM. He has some great comedic moments, but can also be very very intense when needs be.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,143 ✭✭✭D-FENS

He was done last year for DUI, his 4th time I believe, and was in rehab. I do think he could come back and wrestle a few good matches but that’s not the type of ****e WWE puts up with these days for anyone

I'd say he's a lock for HOF at some point, one of the best ever and he's not dirtied his bib too much for that, but I don't even think he could make it work on air in a non-wrestling capacity. I know TNA never had him in that goofy gimmick WWE used at times, which was hilarious, but I honestly think he's f*cked from trips to the chemist and is a shell of the man he was 10-15 years ago, personality wise. I don't think he could pull it off.

• Site Banned Posts: 2,094 ✭✭✭BMMachine

Kurt is one of my favourites of all time. right up there with Stone Cold, Perfect, Bret etc. Can't wait to see him back and relive some of the golden years. Hope he does retire at the end of it all and settles down and doesn't become even more crazy

According to the Bryan & Vinny show. The plan is for the Wyatts to slowly break up (as heels) with Bray recruiting the Ascension as his new crew.

On consideration I like it. However cool ideas in our heads will most likely not happen cause WWE.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,478 ✭✭✭✭gnfnrhead

Plus the Ascension suck.

Rowan has to be shitting himself at that news. Harper is likely celebrating.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement