Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Assault captured on video

Options
  • 26-09-2014 10:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭

Hi All,
    Saw the RTE news at 9.00, the first clip was Enda Kenny arriving by car, a member of the public went up to make a point and he was elbowed and shoved back wards by a guy in a black suit and glasses, was he a garda.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 42 jake66

That was no gaurd.
    Just another fanatical hanger on...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭bravestar

mcko wrote: »
    Hi All,
    Saw the RTE news at 9.00, the first clip was Enda Kenny arriving by car, a member of the public went up to make a point and he was elbowed and shoved back wards by a guy in a black suit and glasses, was he a garda.

Why?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,029 ✭✭✭um7y1h83ge06nx

Was it Kevin Costner by any chance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,078 ✭✭✭chasm

Hi All,

The guy doing the shoving was Frank Feighan, FG TD for Roscommon/Galway.

• Registered Users Posts: 750 ✭✭✭mcko

Thanks for that , I would not expect that behaviour from a Garda.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

If you advance towards the Taoiseach from an angry crowd you probably should.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

But you do from a TD?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,385 ✭✭✭Preset No.3

So its ok for the US Secret Service to protect the President, but if someone gets 'shoved' in Ireland there has to be enquiry?!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

So its ok for the US Secret Service to protect the President, but if someone gets 'shoved' in Ireland there has to be enquiry?!

we have different gun laws over here, also not as many loopers, a sitting senator in the us does not use voilence on a civilian.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,180 ✭✭✭hfallada

flutered wrote: »
    we have different gun laws over here, also not as many loopers, a sitting senator in the us does not use voilence on a civilian.

The civilian ran at the taoiseach. He was not a complelety innocent by stander. Although the push was a bit extreme

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 24,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sully

Isn't Kenny's security private and not a Garda?

I wouldn't expect anything less when you go for the head of state but it's a bit extreme in Ireland for this kinda thing

• Registered Users Posts: 23,264 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

hfallada wrote: »
    The civilian ran at the taoiseach. He was not a complelety innocent by stander. Although the push was a bit extreme

I don't believe the man from the crowd was going to attack Kenny. I believe the TD was making sure nobody got in before him to do the arse licking so gave the man a good elbowing to keep him back.

• Registered Users Posts: 241 ✭✭kjbsrah1

There is a lot of dislike for Enda Kenny in Roscommon so its no surprise that there was a bit of argy bargy - He is a plonker!!

• Registered Users Posts: 51,493 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I didn't see anyone running at anyone else in that clip.
    Feighan behaved like a thug. There was no need for the elbowing at all.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,646 ✭✭✭washman3

Would really love if hardman Frank tried to shove/push/elbow me.
    I can guarantee he would still be looking for most of his front teeth now.!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,101 ✭✭✭Rightwing

He should have given the bogman a smash in face.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,668 ✭✭✭flutered

te civilian ran at the t-shoch, now you are taking the proverbial, the t-shock was still in the car.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭Think_then_talk

I call upon any person who thinks a crime has been committed to report same to An Garda Síochána. Do not leave it to others to do so. Self Defense & Defense Of an Other is up to a JURY.

I call upon any person who thinks a crime has been committed to report same to An Garda Síochána. Do not leave it to others to do so. Self Defense & Defense Of an Other is up to a JURY.

Well to report an alleged assault you need the alleged injured party to make the complaint.

And I believe that a party in this case has made a complaint or will do so according to the media.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,624 ✭✭✭Little CuChulainn

washman3 wrote: »
    Would really love if hardman Frank tried to shove/push/elbow me.
    I can guarantee he would still be looking for most of his front teeth now.!!

I'm amused at all the high horse brigade who also happen to be threatening physical violence as a response. I'm sure the word irony is foreign to most of them.

• Advertisement

Feighan clearly committed an assault.
    An assault should not be condoned.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,333 ✭✭✭Zambia

So he may now make a complaint, some people have little to be concerned about. An over reaction to a moronic act would be my summation.

• Registered Users Posts: 394 ✭✭unichall

Meh, not really sure what all the fuss is about, sure he might be a bit overzealous but I'd hardly call it an assault.

unichall wrote: »
    Meh, not really sure what all the fuss is about, sure he might be a bit overzealous but I'd hardly call it an assault.

A Common Law - an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

A Common Law - an intentional act by one person that creates an apprehension in another of an imminent harmful or offensive contact.

And what are the possible defences to that ?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 18,142 Mod ✭✭✭✭CatFromHue

nothing in this but people trying to score political points.

Zambia wrote: »
    And what are the possible defences to that ?

There aren't any and the video clearly shows the intent of Feighan.
    Why do you think he apologised if it was not an assault?

Both of them are probably prats but there was definitely an assault by one on the other.
    There is no justification for it either.

There aren't any and the video clearly shows the intent of Feighan.
    Why do you think he apologised if it was not an assault?

Both of them are probably prats but there was definitely an assault by one on the other.
    There is no justification for it either.

There are defences to assault and it's a prosecutors task to discount each to obtain a result.

Fact is there is a defence there that would be hard to discount. From the clip his actions are a response.

The so called victim could be just guilty of assault given your definition above.

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭Shady Tady

I'd say frank must have played football for the Rossies, the are mighty with the elbows and masters of the third man tackle!

• Advertisement

Zambia wrote: »
    There are defences to assault and it's a prosecutors task to discount each to obtain a result.

Fact is there is a defence there that would be hard to discount. From the clip his actions are a response.

The so called victim could be just guilty of assault given your definition above.

There didn't seem to be intent in the old lad to assault Feighan but there was definitely intent in Feighan to assault him. You can clearly see that in the video. The old lad wasn't looking at Feighan at all until he was assaulted.

Advertisement