Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Juicing

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,216 ✭✭✭jh79

Essentially you stopped eating crap and felt the benefit of it. Your rate of detox didn't change.

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭meitina

Well.Who am I to change your belief in medical science ! :)))

Can you explain how your detox system works?

http://www.theguardian.com/befit/story/0,,1379231,00.html

So you don't believe obesity and diet have any influence on GERD symptoms?

You need to read the post again. Losing 3 kg does not give you life changing experience. Diet changes what I tried over the 2 years included exclusion of healthy foods,such as fruit and veg. because it would cause GERD.
    So no, i only believe in what i feel .I dont need no medical science to tell me what can change my health.Especially that my health was bad because of the overprescription of tablets.

meitina wrote: »
    You need to read the post again. Losing 3 kg does not give you life changing experience. Diet changes what I tried over the 2 years included exclusion of healthy foods,such as fruit and veg. because it would cause GERD.
    So no, i only believe in what i feel .I dont need no medical science to tell me what can change my health.Especially that my health was bad because of the overprescription of tablets.

"And the best side effect of the juice -weight loss! -18 kg".

You said you lost 18kg / 3 stone. That is a significant amount to lose.

Juicing does not provide anything that cannot also be obtained from a balanced diet.

Detox is complete and utter nonsense.

• Advertisement

jh79 wrote: »
    "And the best side effect of the juice -weight loss! -18 kg".

You said you lost 18kg / 3 stone. That is a significant amount to lose.

Juicing does not provide anything that cannot also be obtained from a balanced diet.

Detox is complete and utter nonsense.

I said I lost the Gerd symptoms within 7 days of juicing.Also lost my first 3 kg that week.
    You need to read whats written better.

I said I lost the Gerd symptoms within 7 days of juicing.Also lost my first 3 kg that week.
    You need to read whats written better.

So your GERD symptoms abated once you changed to a healthier diet which isn't surprising given obesity and diet are risk factors for GERD symptoms.

It had nothing to do with "juicing" apart from giving you a means to increase your veg / fruit intake. You could of incorporated this into a healthier diet without juicing and got the same result.

Some people ''theoretically'' know the answer to every little thing. Well done!You are the smartest,I lose, you win! there you go ,be happy!

Some people ''theoretically'' know the answer to every little thing. Well done!You are the smartest,I lose, you win! there you go ,be happy!

Why post on a public forum if you didn't want to be challenged on your theory?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

Drinking litres of vegetable juice a day isn't fasting. There's no such thing as a juice fast.

• Advertisement

I have no time nor interest being challenged by people who does it for fun. also i don't post to argue!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,142 ✭✭✭Babooshka

Juices, with vegetables mostly...fine, good if it makes you feel healthy, good, in moderation. Juices only for 35 days at a time? Madness. Take caution going on these juice only diets. We need solid foods. I have a sister who became hospitalised with gastric problems while doing a juice diet, she was ill for weeks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,132 ✭✭✭Just Like Heaven

It's probably a good idea if you have a lot of weight to lose and you're going to take up a healthy diet afterwards, because it gives you such a huge kick start in losing weight. Note that the people doing this in the nutrition documentaries are doing the feast under the supervision of Doctors before, throughout and for a period after.

Doing it once a year for a month and then resuming a crap diet is missing the point and probably unhealthy.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

I don't understand these "juice" diet. Why not just eat the fruit and/or veg instead? :confused:

• Registered Users Posts: 9,002 ✭✭✭mad m

Lia_lia wrote: »
    I don't understand these "juice" diet. Why not just eat the fruit and/or veg instead? :confused:

Put the fruit & veg on a plate, you'd be hard pushed to eat it. Juicing it is an easy way to get it into you.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,691 ✭✭✭Lia_lia

Really? I often eat big plates of veg for dinner. Much nicer than drinking juice all the time. But each to their own I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭menoscemo

Really? I often eat big plates of veg for dinner. Much nicer than drinking juice all the time. But each to their own I guess.

You get much more goodness eating the whole fruit/veg too. Fibre and much more. juicing is basically 'processing' a food IMO.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

It's all well and good saying to eat the fruit or veg but I don't see anything wrong with someone who gets very little fruit or veg in their diet using a juicer as a means to improve that.

Consider it a transition.

It's easy to say they whole fruit or veg is better but the people who say that are people who eat plenty of fruit and veg as it is.

Better to increase the amount of fruit and veg you get into you than not because it isn't while fruit/veg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,162 ✭✭✭MadDog76

BeanoI wrote: »
    Hi, I just recently read a number of articles about the benefits of juicing. I've decided to take the plunge and buy a juicer. I'm completely out of my depth when it comes to choosing with juicer. I have no problem spending a bit extra if it ensures I get a good juicer in which the motor won't burn out. I just seeing if anybody has any suggestions. Thanks in advance.

I've been juicing for a couple of years now and I can't recommend it enough!!

If you're new to juicing go with a centrifugal juicer, the Philips range are brilliant cost from about 90 euros and up but well worth the money ........ good luck!

supertux wrote: »
    A Nutribullet is a blender. Not a juicer.

Some people here don't know what their talking about.

I'm very happy with my Philips juicer. Got mine on Amazon.co.uk

Just look up some videos on youtube by juicemaster. He shows simple juice recipes.
    One reason you juice is to give your stomach and colon a break. The juice gets straight to work without need to be extracted from its fibers.

I started a juicing program 6 days ago. Drinking ONLY juice. 1 for breakfast. 1 for lunch and 1 for dinner. Thats it!
    I have lost 5kgs in weight so far. I'm down a waste size. Body fat is down a couple of %. I run about 2 times a week and feeling quite healthy.
    I'm actually amazed at how dramatic the changes in me are.

LIDL is your only man for getting raw veg :) I buy cucumbers, spinach leaves, broccoli, tomatoes, apples, oranges, carrots, celery +more. Add lemons & lime to take the earthy taste on some juices :)
    You only need to go to the fruit and vegetables section...Then your done!!

It doesn't take long to clean juicers. Fill up the sink while your juicing (some washing liquid too). Put a compostable bag in the juicer wast container before you start. clean and dry. The cutting blade is the only part you need to scrub.

Hope this helps.

Juice 3 meals a day and drink plenty of water. It will transform you to a new healthy person.

Happy Juicing!!

I think the problem is a lot (most?) people are simply not educated when it comes to juicing which is a real shame .......... they preconceived misconceptions when it comes to enjoying a juice only plan for x amount of days ............ I've personally lived exclusively on freshly extracted vegetable/fruit (80%/20%) juice for 30 days and never felt better ........ I replace at least one meal a day for juice now and regularly do 7 day juice only plans.
    Juices do contain fibre, protein and absolutely do feed your body completely!!

• Advertisement

Bruno26 wrote: »
    Fruit / yogurt would be a pretty crap lunch so no surprise there.

I'm not knocking juicing (juices should be mostly veg though). My issue is these juice / detox programs (consuming nothing nut juice) that promise to shred you and give you a six pack in 5 days.

Losing weight while on a juice only plan is really a side-effect of juicing ........ you will lose weight if your body needs to lose weight, the amount will depend on how much your body needs to lose ........... the real benefit to doing a juice only plan for 7 plus days is physical health and mental well-being.

Maybe the improvement in your health was due to weight loss rather than juicing? Anything that juicing provides can be got from a balanced diet.

Juicing has been known to eradicate and even cure certain ailments believe it or not .......... it's the Medical Professions' best kept secret!! ;)

MadDog76 wrote: »
    Juicing has been known to eradicate and even cure certain ailments believe it or not .......... it's the Medical Professions' best kept secret!! ;)

Not sure if you're being serious!

You changed form an unhealthy diet to a healthier one. The juicing was just a part of that.

No such thing as detoxing by the way.

It is true to say that a juice only plan doesn't actually "detox" the body ......... the liver detoxes the body ........ a juice only plan allows the liver to do it's job properly and for the first time in years for a lot of people! :)

So your GERD symptoms abated once you changed to a healthier diet which isn't surprising given obesity and diet are risk factors for GERD symptoms.

It had nothing to do with "juicing" apart from giving you a means to increase your veg / fruit intake. You could of incorporated this into a healthier diet without juicing and got the same result.

No human could ever eat as much fresh raw fruit and vegetables in a day as you can juice and drink in a day :rolleyes:

Could you eat 4 carrots, a whole lemon, 2 green apples, a whole courgette, a whole cucumber, 1 kilo of spinach, 1 kilo of kale, 2 sticks of celery, a whole beetroot and bunch of coriander?? All raw ......... well I juice that and call it lunch!! ;)

Not sure if you're being serious!

Look up and watch a documentary called Food Matters ........ I'm deadly serious

Think I'll give it a miss considering who directed it.

No human could ever eat as much fresh raw fruit and vegetables in a day as you can juice and drink in a day :rolleyes:

As long as they eat enough to meet their nutritional needs it doesn't actually matter.

• Advertisement

This documentary?

http://bitemywords.com/2012/04/02/food-matters-but-the-film-does-not/

Advertisement