Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

interview waiting time

Options
  • 19-08-2014 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

Interview yesterday morning and still no word. They said yesterday or today but in my experience I have always been told on the same day when I was successful. Going mad here

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

wouldn't sweat it they may have others to see, HR loops through jump through. Nothing you can do at this stage any how. Best of luck

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Its mostly that day or the next day, but it can be longer. Im waiting ro hear back too, its by far the worst part! Im getting fed up of interviews

• Registered Users Posts: 13,845 ✭✭✭✭somesoldiers

dunno what level you guys are at, first job out of school, first job out of collegee etc. I used to be really bad at interviews having gone to a large university with zero career guidance or at least none that I went looking for which was probably more the problem.
    It took me about 15 interviews before I got a start somewhere. I've had 5 ior 6 since and got all of them ( touch wood) usually knew within the same day with the exception of the last one which was an internal one whic took 3 months before told me I had it!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5 janelle1234

dunno what level you guys are at, first job out of school, first job out of collegee etc. I used to be really bad at interviews having gone to a large university with zero career guidance or at least none that I went looking for which was probably more the problem.
    It took me about 15 interviews before I got a start somewhere. I've had 5 ior 6 since and got all of them ( touch wood) usually knew within the same day with the exception of the last one which was an internal one whic took 3 months before told me I had it!!

This is a teaching forum so we're all teachers. I've five years experience

• Registered Users Posts: 5 janelle1234

Its mostly that day or the next day, but it can be longer. Im waiting ro hear back too, its by far the worst part! Im getting fed up of interviews

So am I it's very tough out there. Fingers crossed and best of luck to us both!!

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,120 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

If it's an ETB, they sometimes have to wait until after a committee meeting.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,606 ✭✭✭smallgarden

Got offered a maternity leave of about ten hours which will keep me going for another few months

• Registered Users Posts: 15,381 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

There might have been more interviews today too.

Advertisement