Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Quad core android box 2gb ram

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 222 ✭✭golfdiva

Shazamm wrote: »
    how would this compare to the MINIX neo x8?

I'd be interested in this answer also

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

dahat wrote: »
    Can you link me to where you got it please?

Linked in post 7 above. Second seller on the list

• Registered Users Posts: 713 ✭✭✭soirish

Curious why would you bother buying this if Now TV box is just £10.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,910 ✭✭✭✭Mimikyu

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Shoutcast Ireland

franman wrote: »
    Linked in post 7 above. Second seller on the list

for an extra few pound you can get it delivered from england and get f10 air mouse with it.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F6W3GTO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 840 ✭✭✭micks

Y2KBOS86 wrote: »
    Hi Micks.

Want to order 2 of these, looks a great deal.

What seller did you go with and how long did it take to arrive?

Did you get caught for custom charges.

Also have you installed popcorn time?

If you did, how does it play?

Also does this thing have miracast?

Can't see any mention of it.

Sorry for all the questions.

Got it http://www.amazon.co.uk/OnceAll-CS918-Android-RK3188-Smart/dp/B00E0ZOUDO/ref=aag_m_pw_dp?ie=UTF8&m=A20CFZ45Y3D874

I'll be getting one or two more
    I paid extra - £7.99 for 24hr delivery

havent used it much just yesterday for a fe hrs messing around with it

No popcorn yet

Comes wit XBMC loaded and some wizards from http://www.androidsticks.co.uk/
    which add add-ons to XBMC (no sure of the version)

very happy so far

someone else asked about TV Now - no comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

i actually ordered this off amazon on tuesday cant wait for it.cant wait to put xmbc on it :)
    (just checked seems i sent mine to parcel motel) hope it arrives there tomo and i should get it sat.)

i came across this youtube video and its the reason im getting it.

all the plugins in the video you can get yourself except for the sporting streams one which seems to be a paid add on??
    The crowd in the video are selling the box with the air remote for 170 where abouts on amazon for 70 euro ish.
    http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B00F6W3GTO/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Are the streams shown there not paid for streams? Aertv is a subscription service.

Are the streams shown there not paid for streams? Aertv is a subscription service.

Most of them are "paid" services.but "free" on the internet etc

My box arrived but i got lazy in setting it up so went to droid sticks and paid 30 for the remote install which is happening now just waiting for it to finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Slipshaney

Whats the UI like in these?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,496 ✭✭✭mcw92

My box arrived but i got lazy in setting it up so went to droid sticks and paid 30 for the remote install which is happening now just waiting for it to finish.

Jesus £30 for a remote setup? :O
    Would prob take less than an hour to do that after a quick google.:confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,613 ✭✭✭Big Nelly

You could have given me 25 and I would have it done in 20 mins:D

Slipshaney wrote: »

Standard Android layout, then XBMC app is installed. I'd assume its the standard XBMC skin to start.

Slipshaney wrote: »

Do a quick search on youtube for Xbmc.....there is 1,000 of video's up there....most will have basic layout of Xbmc....I have this type of box since Jan this year....found everything easy to use......wife said she couldnt use it till I was out one day, 5 mins of her messing around and she got what she wanted just from memory of watching me....

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Can you elaborate on that?
    The free part :D

Spot on - Im used to XBMC on ipad, laptop, Apple TV etc, so was just wondering if this was the same.....I presume you can manually update the version as they come in
    Big Nelly wrote: »
    Do a quick search on youtube for Xbmc.....there is 1,000 of video's up there....most will have basic layout of Xbmc....I have this type of box since Jan this year....found everything easy to use......wife said she couldnt use it till I was out one day, 5 mins of her messing around and she got what she wanted just from memory of watching me....

mcw92 wrote: »
    Jesus £30 for a remote setup? :O
    Would prob take less than an hour to do that after a quick google.:confused:

its a copy of the image they use and everything setup really.

• Registered Users Posts: 260 ✭✭franman

Can you Pm me the link? I Googled droid sticks but couldn't find anything

• Registered Users Posts: 1,467 ✭✭✭Heraldoffreeent

franman wrote: »
    Can you Pm me the link? I Googled droid sticks but couldn't find anything

I think he means this site and the setup wizards on it.

http://www.droidsticks.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

I mean they're paid on the internet too. Unless the provider of the box is giving you some spin-off stream.

whats the advantage of the fly air mouse versus the standard?

• Advertisement

When you get Xbmc....follow this link below, do the step by step, run the wizard and you will have it set up.....after you get this up and running and get the hang of it you will be able to figure out how to add the rest.......

http://www.xbmchub.com/blog/how-to-use-the-xbmchub-com-configuration-wizard-addon-for-dummies-and-see-mount-rushmore-from-xbmc/

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭bored_stupid

Good evening lads i have one of these about 3 weeks now i can,t fault it at all remote is very simple to use and i got a set of these tp-link homeplugs in powercity for 30euro and you don,t have to worry about slowing down your wifi when it switch on .

I mean they're paid on the internet too. Unless the provider of the box is giving you some spin-off stream.

all the ones that were in the video are working bar the sporting streams one thats asks for a username and password.
    Must say im very delighted with the box.great value

• Registered Users Posts: 1,913 ✭✭✭Marhay70

Got my box today and I've been playing around with it but can't seem to get XBMC to work. All the add ons are there but won't play, I keep getting error messages like "cannot connect to URL" or "video failed to play". I have no problems with XBMC on my laptop so, are there any further tweaks that need to be done or any good tutorials anywhere?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,295 ✭✭✭corcaigh07

Are these good for streaming matches or is a laptop/HDMI still a better option?

• Registered Users Posts: 115 ✭✭Knock Off Nigel

corcaigh07 wrote: »
    Are these good for streaming matches or is a laptop/HDMI still a better option?

depends on spec of your laptop

Ok so i got this box today, and am messing around with it.
    I haven't figured out how to access the notification center, any figure it out?

EDIT
    To make matters worse, I also hit the menu bar down the bottom of the screen with the home,search,back,open apps etc.

When i did it, it said swipe up to access the bar again, but sure I can't swipe up with a remote?lol

Never mind a restart fixed this.

So thought id give a quick update on it.

Box starts up quick, the remote can only power it on when its in standby mode but can power it down either fully or to standby.
    To fully power down there is a button on the box.
    Its running android 4.4.2, which i was pleased with as it stated online it was running 4.2.2.
    It also comes rooted.
    It boots to the android home screen, which can take about 10 mins to get used to navigating via a remote.
    XBMC did not come installed, but it was no problem downloading and installing myself.
    Installed a few add ons on XBMC, messed with a few different skins(found a few slowed it down), loaded up my own videos from a USB powered HD, all played perfectly that i tried, all metadata loaded perfectly.No slow down when browsing the files.

A sports stream played without issue, haven't tried any tv or movie streams yet.

The box really is tiny! I was not expecting it to be so small. Also its a smaller HDMI, mini I think, on the box port. The cable comes with it anyways so no need to worry.

I paid around €46 for it delivered, and it took just over 2 weeks i believe, so quite happy with it for the price.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

Am i right in saying this has a better spec than the ouya?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭wolfyboy555

phobia2011 wrote: »
    Am i right in saying this has a better spec than the ouya?

interested in the answer to this as was considering buying an ouya myself.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,291 ✭✭✭phobia2011

interested in the answer to this as was considering buying an ouya myself.

i have the ouya for the kids, used mainly for xbmc though, great little box.

Advertisement