Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How long to put on 32kg of muscle

Options
  • 05-08-2014 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭

Whats the absolute minimum time required to put on 32kg of muscle (doing whatever it takes)?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

Why 32 kilos of muscle ?? That's a hell of a lot !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

A life time, IF you have the genetics of a god.

• Registered Users Posts: 176 ✭✭Blackpanther95

"Leaving humanity behind" -Rich Piana
    Wanna go pro & sick of seeing ppl bigger than me.

b_mac2 wrote: »
    A life time, IF you have the genetics of a god.
    It doesn't take most more than 15 years, really it takes like 6 max.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,255 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Whats the absolute minimum time required to put on 32kg of muscle (doing whatever it takes)?

Depends. How long would it take you to eat 32kg of really lean prime fillet steak? Could you hold it all in your stomach at the same time?

You'd lose it on the jacks the next day, of course....

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 354 ✭✭agent graves

a long time.. its hard to build lean muscle. if your young and new to weights you will gain some a little faster.
    your diet must be pretty good also.. like ktric said 32kgs is a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 454 ✭✭b_mac2

You could put on 32 kilos alright in 6 years but not 32 kilos of muscle tissue. Even with AAS that would be a tough job to do.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 225 ✭✭Twas Not

Have you tried the GOMAD diet?

• Registered Users Posts: 416 ✭✭e.r

Power sauce bars

e.r wrote: »
    Power sauce bars
    haha, ye Bane's venom and captain america's serum also do wonders!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 19 coneill13

This is an inane thread. As someone who has lifted weights for close to 30 years I can tell you that you will never put on 32 kg of muscle without doping yourself to the gills with anabolic steroids and suffering all the side effects such as violent moods swings, gonad shrinkage and death.

coneill13 wrote: »
    This is an inane thread. As someone who has lifted weights for close to 30 years I can tell you that you will never put on 32 kg of muscle without doping yourself to the gills with anabolic steroids and suffering all the side effects such as violent moods swings, gonad shrinkage and death.
    But I could manage the 32 before I died tho so...

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MattD1349

Marvel have had some success with Cosmic rays, Gamma rays & on occasion radioactive spider bites. Seriously though; 32 kg of muscle is unobtainable realistically. At least short term.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I've been lifting for 15 years and only managed to gain 31.5 kilos of muscle !! :(

MattD1349 wrote: »
    Marvel have had some success with Cosmic rays, Gamma rays & on occasion radioactive spider bites. Seriously though; 32 kg of muscle is uncontainable realistically.

Nah, spider bites get you lean, and some strength gains. Gamma rays give you the worst case of roid rage I've ever seen and cosmic rays well that gives you way too much vascularity.

On a serious note do you think milk (from women) will help, cos thats how babys put on 32kg easy.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,874 ✭✭✭deadlybuzzman

Did you really start a thread asking a question that you then answered?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

...within 7 minutes.

No I asked for the min. There I stated a max ( debateable).

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

Such negativity:pac: You go for it OP!

Remember what hulk hogan said, eat your vitamins brother!:P

Anyway, why 32kg? You could definitely put on 32kg in a mental surplus but how much of it would be muscle gains? It'll depend but it's not going to be 32kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 81 ✭✭MattD1349

Nah, spider bites get you lean, and some strength gains. Gamma rays give you the worst case of roid rage I've ever seen and cosmic rays well that gives you way too much vascularity.

On a serious note do you think milk (from women) will help, cos thats how babys put on 32kg easy.

I think you need to scale back your expectations at least in the short term. You will not get these type of gains easily or quickly & once you have them I imagine you'll want to keep them. Maintaining them is as hard as getting them. Whatever you do stay away from steroids as they're a fast track to a dead end. What are you current stats OP?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 39,154 ✭✭✭✭Mellor

Anyway, why 32kg?

I'd hazard a guess that he's currently 68kg

OP, go for it. Any means necessary will make it possible ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 19 coneill13

KTRIC wrote: »
    I've been lifting for 15 years and only managed to gain 31.5 kilos of muscle !! :(

You must have lost at least 500grm in testicular mass ?

• Registered Users Posts: 24,577 ✭✭✭✭Alf Veedersane

Mellor wrote: »
    I'd hazard a guess that he's currently 68kg

OP, go for it. Any means necessary will make it possible ;)

Think he said he'd put on 16kg in 18 months so probably looking to see how long is realistic to put on 32kg.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,379 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

There I stated a max ( debateable).
    stating the max is even more bizarre. Do you seriously think there is nobody on the planet who put on 32kg of muscle who took longer than 6 years to do it?

Can you give a guess what you think the miniumum is?

• Subscribers Posts: 6,408 ✭✭✭conzy

What height are you? e.g @180cm the genetically average un-enhanced will weigh about 93kg maximum @ 10% bodyfat

Calc based on FFMI

So unless you weigh 61kg now your not going to gain 32kg of muscle. And if you do weigh 61kg it will probably take 10 years or more to add 32kg of muscle.

Look at all the natural pro bodybuilders. You don't see many of them under the age of 30 as they have been training 10+ years

Such negativity:pac: You go for it OP!

Remember what hulk hogan said, eat your vitamins brother!:P

Anyway, why 32kg? You could definitely put on 32kg in a mental surplus but how much of it would be muscle gains? It'll depend but it's not going to be 32kg.
    "Never listen to the Naysayers!"

Well I wanna put on around 50kg of MASS and then cut back to 127kg bodyweight. Currently weigh 82kg, and are 5''7', I started out at 64kg at 17yrs old and been lifting for round 22 months. I have good enough (black) genetics. Thats not rascist its just most ifbb pros are indeed african americans! Hoping to get up to 90kg by this time next year and then

and then hopefully get up to 140 kg 3-6 years after that.
    (obviously pro-style)

• Registered Users Posts: 3,783 ✭✭✭RidleyRider

"Never listen to the Naysayers!"

Well I wanna put on around 50kg of MASS and then cut back to 127kg bodyweight. Currently weigh 82kg, and are 5''7', I started out at 64kg at 17yrs old and been lifting for round 22 months. I have good enough (black) genetics. Thats not rascist its just most ifbb pros are indeed african americans! Hoping to get up to 90kg by this time next year and then

and then hopefully get up to 140 kg 3-6 years after that.
    (obviously pro-style)

Well, good luck with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,308 Mod ✭✭✭✭.ak

What's your current BF%? How much of your 82kg is actually muscle? Keep measuring it until you get to 90kg, that will give you an idea of how much muscle you're actually gaining versus fat, and then it might give you an idea of how quickly you can put on muscle.

Everyone's different. But go for it, aim for 32kg muscle mass if you want. But I think you will plateau when you get to 100kg, which is absolutely massive for someone that's 5'7".

.ak wrote: »
    What's your current BF%? How much of your 82kg is actually muscle? Keep measuring it until you get to 90kg, that will give you an idea of how much muscle you're actually gaining versus fat, and then it might give you an idea of how quickly you can put on muscle.

Everyone's different. But go for it, aim for 32kg muscle mass if you want. But I think you will plateau when you get to 100kg, which is absolutely massive for someone that's 5'7".
    Ye, alot of it is more water weight than fat because I upped my carbs and that been know to help your body retain more water. However I do know alot is muscle since I used to struggle to bench 60 and now rep 100 similarly on all other exercises. Realistically I'd settle for 95kg with 5kg of fat whilst natty.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 22,255 ✭✭✭✭endacl

Realistically I'd settle for 95kg with 5kg of fat whilst natty.

What? No bones?!?

:eek:

Advertisement