Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Saturday Night With Miriam - 2nd. August 9.40pm

Options
  • 01-08-2014 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 72,192 ✭✭✭✭

CUBBEHS!

panda2.JPG

The heatwave appears to be over, and rain is on its way. Looks like we could use a brolly...a JOE Brolly, that is! :cool:

SPT_20131117_SPO_008_29645548_I2.JPG

On the show this week :- Barrister, Gaelic Football pundit and campaigner Joe Brolly on this season’s championship and matters of life and death. @JoeBrolly1993

Sara Bajc, an American schoolteacher whose partner, Philip Wood, is among the 239 people still missing from Malaysian Airlines flight 370 which disappeared last March - on her search for answers. @sjhbajc @FindPhilipWood

Kildare woman and CF campaigner Orla Tinsley on opening a brand new chapter in her incredible life. @orlatinsley

Food critic Paulo Tullio on his own fight for life. @paulotullio

And Colaiste Lurgan - all 180 of them - perform Vance Joy's 'Riptide' as Gaeilge. @TgLurgan

Tune in on Saturday night, at 9.40 on RTE One.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

Not a bad line-up for silly season.

Joe Brolly is entertaining enough and is never short of something to say. I really admire him for donating his kidney but I hope Miriam doesn't rehash the whole story again.

Paulo is a nice chap, I enjoy his contributions to the Moncrief Show on Newstalk, I always thought he was a far better food and wine critic than Tom Doorley. Tom usually just echoed whatever Paulo said.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,444 ✭✭✭✭Skid X

The heatwave appears to be over, and rain is on its way. Looks like we could use a brolly...a JOE Brolly, that is! :cool:

I very much enjoyed this topical weather / guest segway. Bravo!

• Registered Users Posts: 19,351 ✭✭✭✭Harry Angstrom

1.gif

On the show this week :- Barrister, Gaelic Football pundit and campaigner Joe Brolly on this season’s championship and matters of life and death. @JoeBrolly1993

Sara Bajc, an American schoolteacher whose partner, Philip Wood, is among the 239 people still missing from Malaysian Airlines flight 370 which disappeared last March - on her search for answers. @sjhbajc @FindPhilipWood

Kildare woman and CF campaigner Orla Tinsley on opening a brand new chapter in her incredible life. @orlatinsley

Food critic Paulo Tullio on his own fight for life. @paulotullio

This has every chance of turning into a Miriam misery-fest.

She'll almost certainly zone in on Joe Brolly's kidney donation, to the total exclusion of everything else he's ever done in his life. Despite the new hope being given to CF sufferers, I can see Mir concentrating on Orla's struggles rather than her accomplishments. The Malaysian Airlines guest whose partner is still missing (and almost certainly will never be found) is self-explanatory, and I seem to remember Paolo telling Sean Moncrieff that he spends a lot of his time on kidney dialysis, so we know that once Miriam gets wind of this, she'll be like a dog with a bone.

Be afraid people; be very afraid...... :(

• Registered Users Posts: 340 ✭✭Johnnythefox4

1.gif

This has every chance of turning into a Miriam misery-fest.

She'll almost certainly zone in on Joe Brolly's kidney donation, to the total exclusion of everything else he's ever done in his life. Despite the new hope being given to CF sufferers, I can see Mir concentrating on Orla's struggles rather than her accomplishments. The Malaysian Airlines guest whose partner is still missing (and almost certainly will never be found) is self-explanatory, and I seem to remember Paolo telling Sean Moncrieff that he spends a lot of his time on kidney dialysis, so we know that once Miriam gets wind of this, she'll be like a dog with a bone.

Be afraid people; be very afraid...... :(

I'm genuinely afraid

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,657 ✭✭✭CountyHurler

The Malaysian Airlines guest

Which plane?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭drugstore cowboy

Joe is already hard at work thinking of something controversial to say!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,347 ✭✭✭LynnGrace

[/B]

I'm genuinely afraid

Stay there...

Which plane?

Take your pick :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Miriam is being a spoilsport tonight by wearing a white wrapper. frown.png

There are no white Quality Streets. She must know this. mad.png

Still, she has a red dress on under the wrapper so we can tuck in to the red sweets tonight. smile.png

Dig in !!!

th?&id=HN.608051624269778033&w=300&h=300&c=0&pid=1.9&rs=0&p=0

No rain in Cork today, missus. When it rains in Dublin, it makes headline news :rolleyes:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 72,192 ✭✭✭✭Welsh Megaman

Bonsoir, my little Irish chooms!

Hope you are enjoying the Bank Holiday weekend so far! :)

00_Gallo_Family_Winery_California_Wines.jpg

A cheeky, fruity little number...but enough about me, let's open this wine :pac:

Not another one of these "Let's turn a popular song into Irish for the craic. Sure aren't we great" songs :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,693 ✭✭✭Lisha

Leggings are not trousers !!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

Cad é an cac seo?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Kind of surprised to find that I actually quite enjoyed that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,477 ✭✭✭Oops69

Do these teenagers actually think this is good , smacks of a a secondary school musical teacher effort, they should have told him to get lost .

• Registered Users Posts: 8,351 ✭✭✭dublinman1990

And like the Late Late, it is filled with young students from Colaiste Lurgan.

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 12,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭byhookorbycrook

Great plug for Lurgan!

• Registered Users Posts: 81,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

And having a minister for the Gaeltacht who doesnt speak Irish...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,973 ✭✭✭RayM

The Irish language is not dead. It's just resting.

• Advertisement

I declare all other music...obsolete!

I'm sick to the teeth of hearing current chart songs being mauled in Irish

For me, It's a bit too much like the Parish Folk Group trying to make one of the Masses a small bit funky.

But sure fair play to them. At least it's not a misery segment.

Miriam has put the Quality Street away tonight, and gone for the 'Cherry Bakewell'.

The horse I backed in the Grand National is still running so I'm saying Aintree. Final Answer, Chris.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 665 ✭✭✭Aubrey loves Joe

Those Jonas brothers have nothing on the Lurganites

This looks badly edited.

• Registered Users Posts: 81,645 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Ah Baywatch, Mrs Eleniak could open my lifeguard hut anytime :D

Baywatch7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 19,585 ✭✭✭✭Lady Chatterton

RTE - Please, please, please spend less money on booze and more money on Miriam's wardrobe.

• Advertisement

Dubs aint playin till next weekend Mims

Advertisement