Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gavin v Bundu 1st Aug 2014

Options
  • 01-08-2014 10:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭

pac_man wrote: »
    Lucas Browne just won a slugfest on boxnation. Frankie Gavin up next. One of my favorite British fighters.

Gavin fought yet?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,710 ✭✭✭Joeseph Balls

Just switched it over in time to see that guy get rather angry in the crowd and throw something at the ring. Classy

• Moderators Posts: 8,713 ✭✭✭x PyRo

Gavin in trouble. Knocked down with a body shot towards the end of the sixth.

Cracking seventh! Gavin's wrecked, though.

x PyRo wrote: »
    Cracking seventh! Gavin's wrecked, though.

Dosnt seem the fresher boxer alright.
    Trappatoni move to boxing coach?

I dont have Gavin 1 up. Do yee?

• Advertisement

Would probably give Bundu the nod, just, but not entirely sure. Nailed on to be a draw!

x PyRo wrote: »
    Would probably give Bundu the nod, just, but not entirely sure. Nailed on to be a draw!

Nearly sure his corner told him he was 1 up going into the 12th. I would give Bundu the nod too.

Whats Gavin giving out about there?

112-115 Gavin
    114-113 Bundu
    114-113 Bundu

Probably fair. Not sure how one judge gave it to Gavin by three.

Fair result.
    Goodnight folks, been a pleasure:P

• Registered Users Posts: 21,625 ✭✭✭✭Johner

Delighted for Bundu!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54,601 ✭✭✭✭walshb

Missed this. Gavin is horrendous to watch, even more boring than Paul McCloskey. Horrible style, but slick!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35,514 ✭✭✭✭efb

walshb wrote: »
    Missed this. Gavin is horrendous to watch, even more boring than Paul McCloskey. Horrible style, but slick!

England's golden boy that never quite for there

• Registered Users Posts: 5,289 ✭✭✭megadodge

efb wrote: »

Wha??

efb wrote: »

Double wha??

walshb wrote: »

Well, both of us have stated already that he's not exactly the hot prospect some make him out to be (esp. the British media) and this fight proved it.

I will say though that Bundu ain't bad and outside of Mayweather could be a tough fight for a lot of top welters.

megadodge wrote: »
    Well, both of us have stated already that he's not exactly the hot prospect some make him out to be (esp. the British media) and this fight proved it.

I will say though that Bundu ain't bad and outside of Mayweather could be a tough fight for a lot of top welters.

I watched the fight. Don't know how anyone could make a solid case for Frankie winning that. He ran for most of it, and as usual, 90 % of his landed shots barely landed at all. Pitter patter powder puff stuff! He looks good, moves good and is slippy, apart from that he's very very ordinary. More power in the flyweight division.

Bundu is solId, but I am overly impressed with him at WW.

pac_man wrote: »
    I'm a fan of Gavin and would still have him on high regard(perhaps higher than Brook) despite this defeat. The biggest problem for Gavin is himself, it's been well documented that he's not the most mentally stable person in the world and I got the impression he took Bundu lightly the other night. I thought that was reflected in his conditioning, i'm not under the illusion that a boxer needs a six pack and ripped but I didn't think he looked in great shape leading up to this. Them times he was on the ropes to other night were breathers and then that bodyshot just crippled him.

I can understand why people aren't too keen on his style, but when Mayweather or Ward do the same jab and grab stuff, people are too quick to complement them on their great skills.

On a sidenote, I seen on twitter that Khan was giving him stick. As much as I like Khan's fights, outside the ring he comes across as a grade A wanker.

I hate watching Ward. Actually in the whole world he's one of my least favourite boxers to watch.
    But at least he has proven himself at the very highest level.

Advertisement