Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mayo GAA Discussion Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

jeffred wrote: »
    Bring a friend option moves me to 314 - stuck in the corner :mad:

Well in fairness, I can see how it would be unfair if your friend got as good a seat as the season ticket holders or did one out of a good seat. However, it'll be interesting to see just how good the seats are for the season ticket holders when they issue.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,965 ✭✭✭Syferus

mayo.mick wrote: »
    Gonna be a long day. Our bus is leaving at 8AM and will most likely be 10 when we dock back. I think Mayo supporters are the best in the country!

At least yer the best at something, eh Mick? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭jeffred

Avns1s wrote: »
    your friend

Its the wife and she's from Galway !!

If you book the "2014 Football Feast Package - Quarter & Semi-Final Days" at the moment you get 307 so it will be interesting to see where season ticket holders are seated.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,463 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Syferus wrote: »
    At least yer the best at something, eh Mick? ;)

And will be rewarded sometime hopefully :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

mayo.mick wrote: »
    And will be rewarded sometime soon hopefully :pac:

I fixed your post there Mick! :D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 48,170 ✭✭✭✭km79

km79 wrote: »
    should be.......extra time in any game....I've done it before. its very rushed. they have put on 820 pm trains before for 330 throw ins so I'm hopeful.......extra train already added from westport

turns out no extra time. straight to replay

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

km79 wrote: »
    should be.......extra time in any game....I've done it before. its very rushed. they have put on 820 pm trains before for 330 throw ins so I'm hopeful.......extra train already added from westport

Ah km79 hopefully it'll be a half decent night in Dublin!:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭neiphin

junior championship draw

Lahardane V Crossmolina
    Castlebar V Balla

Achill V Louisburg
    Ardagh V Charlestown

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

Hope cork aren't a banana skin, still can't understand how they have fallen back so far, so would be wary of them. We would need to see another improvement on Sunday.
    I wonder could Galway surprise Kerry, I didn't see the full game on Saturday but they are well fit to score.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Methinks that you will have too much for Cork on the day. They have some quality forwards alright, but they are at sixes and sevens every where else. Their manager is a rookie, who is still learning his trade the hard way & his squad don't seem to be all that settled at all. I can see a handy enough Mayo win, by at least 6-8 pts.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 15,102 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

yop wrote: »
    Hope cork aren't a banana skin, still can't understand how they have fallen back so far, so would be wary of them. We would need to see another improvement on Sunday.
    I wonder could Galway surprise Kerry, I didn't see the full game on Saturday but they are well fit to score.

I don't think Cork should be a banana skin, if Mayo were to lose this one it would confirm my concern that they did not have it in them for 2014,
    But I think they will win it, and without too much drama.
    Cork are very unsettled, Mayo are in a much better place.

As for Galway v Kerry, I think Galway will help Mayo by exposing some of the weakness in Kerry, the Cork game gave no clues to how good or bad they actually are.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 16,722 Mod ✭✭✭✭yop

I don't think Cork should be a banana skin, if Mayo were to lose this one it would confirm my concern that they did not have it in them for 2014,
    But I think they will win it, and without too much drama.
    Cork are very unsettled, Mayo are in a much better place.

As for Galway v Kerry, I think Galway will help Mayo by exposing some of the weakness in Kerry, the Cork game gave no clues to how good or bad they actually are.
    Exactly, we are either tripping our way out of the championship or Horan has us chugging along for one big game in an AI final.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,106 ✭✭✭Boom__Boom

A detailed look at the stats from the Cork Mayo game

http://dontfoul.wordpress.com/

Also Andrew O'Sullivan has quit the Cork panel - when you consider he started 7 out of the 8 games Cork played in the league and came on in sub in the other one. Was subbed before half-time in the Tipperary game, as an unused sub in the Kerry game and was named as a sub for the Sligo game but was replaced by Cathal Vaughan on the subs bench pretty much just before throw-in.

Some fall from grace and while his performances were fairly mixed but you would have to question the whole man-management side of things. Heard whisperings from over the county bounds that there is a fair bit of tension in the camp - assuming that Cuthbert is still there next year to see out his 2nd year (and all indications are that he will) -don't be too surprised if there are a few more who pack in inter-county football

As regards Mayo's game I expect Mayo to progress - the Cork midfield is a disaster zone which will mean that their quality forwards will struggle to get sufficient ball to do enough damage - I'd expect Hurley to be moved back into the square and the notion of him playing around the 40 to be thrown out the window - he's not in form now, but as seen during the league when he does hit form he can/will be lethal - He's still only a young'un at this level but I expect him to come good before too long.

Don't be surprised if Cork's tactics are pretty much identical to how they played against Sligo, in terms of their defensive setup. Their lineup is likely to be fairly similar too - might see Gould get the nod over Maguire and wouldnt be shocked to see Kelly get back in, but changes are likely to be pretty minimal.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭Kalyke

The match should be over at 5.30, plenty of time to get back to Hueston by 6.45 right?

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2056915408

season ticket seats
    304 row N

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

306 Lower cusack. Grand job

Cormac Reilly the whistler for us on Sunday.

• Registered Users Posts: 696 ✭✭✭glack

304 Row G

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

Cairdeo Maigh Eo are in the Hogan, 333 I think mine is for, no idea how central that is, it was Cusack tickets last year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

Am pretty sure that Section 333 is the Ard Comhairle section, where all the posh VIPs sit. You'll be bang on the half way line. Tell El Presidente we say hi. :p

Edit: 331 is the Ard Comhairle, not 333. You are just one section over from it. Still great seats though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,286 ✭✭✭seligehgit

306 Happy days

306 - 6 rows from front! :D

I'm heading up from Naas if anyone is heading up from there.

306 - 6 rows from front! :D

I'm heading up from Naas if anyone is heading up from there.

And the first 2 or 3 rows will be covered over with netting!

• Registered Users Posts: 6,731 ✭✭✭Fowler87

Fair bit of ball to be played yet but after lumping a decent stake @ 11/8 on COC to win an All Star. Surely by the end of the year especially on his current form he'll earn a long awaited award regardless how we do from Sunday onwards

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Fowler87 wrote: »
    Fair bit of ball to be played yet but after lumping a decent stake @ 11/8 on COC to win an All Star. Surely by the end of the year especially on his current form he'll earn a long awaited award regardless how we do from Sunday onwards

Doesn't seem a bad bet at all. Presume he got one last year?

keane2097 wrote: »
    Doesn't seem a bad bet at all. Presume he got one last year?

Has never got an All-Star

• Registered Users Posts: 17,770 ✭✭✭✭keane2097

Has never got an All-Star

Must be nailed on so if they get to the SF at least. Seems mad he missed out last year. Was eligible for YPOTY as well wasn't he? Was definitely more deserving of that than McCaffrey if so.

keane2097 wrote: »
    Must be nailed on so if they get to the SF at least. Seems mad he missed out last year. Was eligible for YPOTY as well wasn't he? Was definitely more deserving of that than McCaffrey if so.

He was up against some big competition but considering the haul he got and missed part of it through injury then he really deserved one.
    Ya McCaffrey was lucky to get the YPOTY, taken off in both semi and final as he wasn't playing well, COC had won it the 2 previous years so maybe they felt they couldn't give it to him again.
    Sunday will be interesting to see what he delivers but this year he has been even better. In my opinion probably the best natural Mayo forward I have ever seen in a Mayo jersey.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,681 ✭✭✭ColeTrain

http://hoganstand.com/ArticleForm.aspx?ID=221538

A few mind games from Cork. Smacks of desperation tbh.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement