Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Foundation brush waste?

Options
  • 26-07-2014 11:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭

So I was buying my regular urban decay foundation yesterday. They were doing a special offer for setting spray & a foundation brush for only 6 euro extra. As I can't resist bargain I went for it.

When I applied my foundation today I had to use 3 times as much as normal! The brush just absorbs all the foundation!

At least with the likes of the Mac brush there's nowhere for the foundation to go, urban decay brush seems so deep & bristly the foundation just gets lost inside :( has this happened to anyone else?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,039 ✭✭✭✭retro:electro

I think this is just the norm with a new brush because the brushes are so fresh and clean that the product just absorbs into it. After a few uses the product will have built up in the brush and you shouldn't need to use so much.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I used a great brush by Boots for a long time. It was silky and flat and didn't absorb any foundation; the make-up just sat on the brush so I could apply it to my face.
    I think it cost €11.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

Thanks for the tip fussy onion! Will have a look at that brush!

Anna I find when brushes fill they lose their touch!

I'm thinking using fingers is just as good, if not better if it saves much more product and allows for proper blending.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,818 ✭✭✭fussyonion

I agree. I stopped using the brush because it left me a bit streaky
    I put some foundation on the back of my hand and then apply a bit using my fingers to my face.
    The heat from your fingers warms the makeup and blends a lot better.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,748 ✭✭✭Flippyfloppy

fussyonion wrote: »
    I agree. I stopped using the brush because it left me a bit streaky
    I put some foundation on the back of my hand and then apply a bit using my fingers to my face.
    The heat from your fingers warms the makeup and blends a lot better.

Absolutely! I hate getting sucked into fads like foundation brushes when the regular method ain't broken!

• Advertisement
Advertisement