Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to tell whats installed? (like nineite)

Options
  • 24-07-2014 8:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭

Nineite is great for installing mutiple apps, but what if you wanted to list what needs to be installed?

I'm rebuilding some workstations in work, and want to ensure that I replace all the software. Do anyone know of a handy tool similar to nineite that I could run on one of the workstations, listing all the software? (so I could use this as a check list)

Anyone? Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 936 ✭✭✭bassey

Start -> Add or remove Programs no?

• Registered Users Posts: 37,295 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

Maybe Belarc Advisor?

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Example;
    belarc.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 161 ✭✭free_man

Just be aware that Belarc gives software keys as well. So you can use them to reinstall all software with valid keys (incase some are assigned to a particular workstation)

• Registered Users Posts: 10,965 ✭✭✭✭Zulu

bassey wrote: »
    Start -> Add or remove Programs no?
    yeah that's what I'm doing currently with screen grabs, but it's a bit messy. I was hoping for better.
    the_syco wrote: »
    Maybe Belarc Advisor?

http://www.belarc.com/free_download.html

Example;
    belarc.jpg
    thanks. (the image isn't displaying though)
    free_man wrote: »
    Just be aware that Belarc gives software keys as well. So you can use them to reinstall all software with valid keys (incase some are assigned to a particular workstation)
    cheers for the heads up

Advertisement