Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need writers!

Options
  • 19-07-2014 12:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭

Hey guys & girls,

Some of you on here know me, but for those who don't, I'm Thomas and I run FormulaSpy.com, which is (as far as we know) Ireland's only dedicated Formula 1 website. We are FIA accredited, and have attended several races this season as media.

Due to our growth, we are looking at expanding into Formula E over the coming weeks, as well as expanding our Formula One side. For this, we need more people, primarily for the writing side of things, and we'd like to keep this as Irish as possible. If any of you are interested in writing feature/analysis/historical F1 articles, as well as helping out with the news side of things, we'd love to hear from you. There are some specific roles we'd like to improve on, but that could be discussed later.

Unfortunately, we're not in a position to offer payment, as we are loss-making, but press passes for races are a possibility once a portfolio has been amassed. There is also a guaranteed audience for your work. If you are interested, just say so, PM me, or email news@formualspy.com

Admin, if this is not allowed, please remove and accept my apologies.

Thanks, Thomas.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,762 ✭✭✭Sheeps

Don't suppose you'd be looking for a photographer? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Hey guys & girls,

Good luck with this Thomas.
    What I'd say to anyone with an interest with working with the guys at FormulaSpy is that you should take the chance. It's unbelievable to be able to walk into an F1 paddock experience the racing from trackside. As Thomas said he's not in a position to offer payment but trust me getting the best seats in the house to an F1 race is worth a lot more than a few quid in your pocket!
    I started out doing something similar and I've been lucky enough to be accredited for lots of races over the last three years in different series and even if the financial rewards aren't great at the start being in a position to build your contact base with minimal pressure at the start of your career is time well spent.

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

frostie500 wrote: »
    Good luck with this Thomas.
    What I'd say to anyone with an interest with working with the guys at FormulaSpy is that you should take the chance. It's unbelievable to be able to walk into an F1 paddock experience the racing from trackside. As Thomas said he's not in a position to offer payment but trust me getting the best seats in the house to an F1 race is worth a lot more than a few quid in your pocket!
    I started out doing something similar and I've been lucky enough to be accredited for lots of races over the last three years in different series and even if the financial rewards aren't great at the start being in a position to build your contact base with minimal pressure at the start of your career is time well spent.

Cheers Frostie, couldn't have said it better myself. Have you run into any of our guys since Monaco? We were at Silverstone & Hockenheim. Likely Monza & Singapore to finish off the year.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭frostie500

Cheers Frostie, couldn't have said it better myself. Have you run into any of our guys since Monaco? We were at Silverstone & Hockenheim. Likely Monza & Singapore to finish off the year.

I haven't been back to an F1 race since Monaco, work has gotten fairly busy, but my plan is to do Singapore and Suzuka so hopefully I'll meet whoever you're sending to Singapore. It's the best race of the year to go to by far btw!

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭MortGoldman

I'm probably doing Singapore, assuming I can afford it. Others are doing the remaining rounds in Europe!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,252 ✭✭✭Sterling Archer

Great to hear ye are growing, fairly sure there'll be no shortage of people looking to help out.
    now if only I had a talent for anything except web surfing.

Advertisement