Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

City Colleges - Accountancy School

Options
  • 23-07-2014 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭

I'm considering doing two ACCA courses starting in August, at professional level. Has anybody any experience with them?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 210 ✭✭Robin132

What courses are you going to do, I would generally pick on lecturer rather than the college.

• Registered Users Posts: 582 ✭✭✭mooreman09

I would think that everyone's opinion on lecturers would only be based on one opinion though, not many students have had multiple lecturers in subjects.

I'm sitting P1 and P3

• Registered Users Posts: 73 ✭✭Kaka86

mooreman09 wrote: »
    I would think that everyone's opinion on lecturers would only be based on one opinion though, not many students have had multiple lecturers in subjects.

I'm sitting P1 and P3

Hey I'm just doing one at a time as I travel from Kilkenny. I did P1 ... In DBS last December... Passed and was my first exam so didn't really know what to make of lecturer. Couple of friends did P3 (same sitting)... In DBS... And said from the start lecturer wasn't great. I switched to independent and found the lecturer really good ( Shane O'Grady)..but results not out for another two weeks so :o . I'm probably going to stick with independent for P2.. Liam Doran is supposedly the best lecture out there for the subject. Anyway hope this helps :)

mooreman09 wrote: »

I'm sitting P1 and P3
    City colleges is grand, I have been there and had no problems with the college.

However, having had multiple lecturers in P3, I would recommend Shane O'Grady in Independent colleges for both subjects. But that is my own personal opinion having attended both colleges and lecturers!

Robin132 wrote: »
    City colleges is grand, I have been there and had no problems with the college.

However, having had multiple lecturers in P3, I would recommend Shane O'Grady in Independent colleges for both subjects. But that is my own personal opinion having attended both colleges and lecturers!

Cheers Robin!

• Advertisement

Do Independent Colleges put their lectures online? That's a major thing for me as I'll be away for a couple of lectures and I know City have this facility.

Unless they have changed it this year, which I don't think they have but might be worth giving them a call, Independent don't put their lectures online.

Yeah I popped them an e mail there to see. Its a nice advantage to be able to stream them in fairness because I think I'm going to miss a minimum of two!!

Plus it'll be a nice tonic for insomnia :)

Advertisement