Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Summerslam 14 and other WWE promo videos

Options
  • 23-07-2014 10:25am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,089 ✭✭✭✭

The trailer for UFC17erm Summerslam:

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

Man they do good videos

• Registered Users Posts: 20,753 ✭✭✭✭beakerjoe

Man they do good videos

The WWE producation team have done great ones in the past. Summerslam 2002 was one that stands out for me.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators, Regional West Moderators Posts: 6,773 Mod ✭✭✭✭connemara man

beakerjoe wrote: »
    The WWE producation team have done great ones in the past. Summerslam 2002 was one that stands out for me.

The money in the bank one before summer of Punk I think was really good IMO sold the title and feud really well.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,846 ✭✭✭Moneymaker

The Daniel Bryan video package at WM30 stands out for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭takamichinoku

The Miz's one at 27 was pretty good iirc, way better than you'd have expected it to be anyway. Taker/Michaels with the Kate Bush cover and obviously the Rock/Austin My Way one too.

• Advertisement

The My Sacrifice promos where always very good too.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

I have a soft spot for Orton/HHH from Unforgiven 2004. The song worked really well with it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,277 ✭✭✭x43r0

My way FTW!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

The original Elimination Chamber promo video is the best ever imo with Salivas track ALWAYS (think thats what it was called)

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Music Moderators, Regional Midlands Moderators Posts: 24,124 Mod ✭✭✭✭Angron

gimmick wrote: »
    The original Elimination Chamber promo video is the best ever imo with Salivas track ALWAYS (think thats what it was called)

It was indeed. I just watched the DVD of that PPV the other day. Saliva were there live too, they did Jericho's entrance theme.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,105 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Moneymaker wrote: »
    The Daniel Bryan video package at WM30 stands out for me.

Yep, probably my favourite one after Rock/Austin My Way.

No matter the quality of the product or the feud, WWE can usually draw you in with an epic video package.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭Sirsok

Love the one from either breaking point or bragging right where orton and cena had a last man standing match with the civil twilight song playing for the promo before the match. They used the song for rock v cena at mania think the song is letters from the sky. Get chills!

Same with my way with rock v Austin

Always like the one they did for bad blood with the trapt song headstrong. Knew the song from the ledge ad of wrestling game, so instantly liked it!

Lets be honest, they make very few bad videos. Even for songs I would normally consider great.

Bret Harts You start the Fire video being one, not a great song IMO, but I love it simply because the video package was epic.

Same with Limp Bizkits Build a Bridge for SS04 (Maybe wrong on the year), would hate the song normally but I have fondness because of the video package

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 22,646 Mod ✭✭✭✭Bounty Hunter

Split from the news thread as it was generating enough talk, most of the obvious ones to spring to mind for me have already been mentioned like Austin/Rock My Way or Punk/Cena MITB but yeah tha Miz one was great especially if you watch it today cos damn it's hard to believe it's the same guy we see talking about his Moneymaker on Raw these days. I like the new (SS) one too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,348 ✭✭✭✭ricero

this always stood out in my mind as a child. Love the music that kicks in at 0:56

Advertisement