Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mick Wallace and Clare Daly reportedly arrested at Shannon airport.

Options

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 919 ✭✭✭wicklowstevo

they were caught dogging at the viewing point ??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

They were attempting to inspect a US military aircraft.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,409 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

They're good entertainment at least.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭snaphook

An intentional arrest to make a 'statement' I'm sure.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,678 ✭✭✭I Heart Internet

bajer101 wrote: »
    They were attempting to inspect a US military aircraft.

People inspecting the arse off each other.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Attention seeking assholes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,024 ✭✭✭Owryan

Publicity stunt, their supporters will applaud and cheer. The crusties will hold hands and fight the good fight.

In the real world people will tut tut and call it a stunt.

All the while life goes on and planes arrive and depart.

• Registered Users Posts: 43,024 ✭✭✭✭SEPT 23 1989

Thelma & Louise off on another adventure

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,549 ✭✭✭✭Judgement Day

Irish Airports ring of steel cotton wool exposed yet again. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

Just what this country needs a pair of attention seeking so and so's

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,045 ✭✭✭✭gramar

Attention seekers. What in the name of jaysus would they know about military aircraft?
    A right pair of goons.

Attention seeking assholes.

Yeah, much better to hide behind your keyboard and ignore the real world. :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,376 ✭✭✭Anyone

How is Mick Wallace a public representative? He is an embarrassment

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

If they want to make a point about this military aircraft business they would be better served kicking up some sort of civil ruckus outside the consulate in Ballsbridge. This kind of fcukacting at the airport is silly and dangerous, and annoys the pig. Or summat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,339 ✭✭✭The One Doctor

Who gives a crap. We all knew they were idiots anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭JillyQ

gramar wrote: »
    Attention seekers. What in the name of jaysus would they know about military aircraft?
    A right pair of goons.

what they know id say you could write on the back of a postage stamp. Goons is the right way to describe them.

Ming is probably still hiding in the landing gear.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭NotInventedHere

It's about time government hippocricy and lies were exposed. The time of secret deals and is over. Fair play to Claire Daly and Mick Wallace. Keep up the good work.

• Moderators Posts: 51,713 ✭✭✭✭Delirium

breaching airport security in an attempt to gain unauthorised access to a foreign military aircraft.

Sure it can only be a good idea :rolleyes:

If you can read this, you're too close!

Anyone wrote: »
    How is Mick Wallace a public representative? He is an embarrassment

People voted for him. At least he makes an effort in the causes he believes in. How many of the stuffed suits in the Dail have ever made a stand about anything?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

Im guessing they'll be subject to abusive and aggressive behaviour by the gardai now....

Chancers.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,147 ✭✭✭opinionated3

Yeah, much better to hide behind your keyboard and ignore the real world. :rolleyes:

No hiding here pal. I live close to the airport and have a friend that works closely with the us military when they use the airport. Fully support them and the business they bring to the airport. Wallace and daly....... Couldn't care less about them. When the airport was in the doldrums when the daa was in control none of these politicians thought it worthwhile to help in any way. To hell with them

SW wrote: »
    breaching airport security in an attempt to gain unauthorised access to a foreign military aircraft.

Sure it can only be a good idea :rolleyes:

yea i think we should send them to jfk and let them try it there , thered be a couple of bye bye elections fairly quick then

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,464 ✭✭✭Celly Smunt

People voted for him. At least he makes an effort in the causes he believes in. How many of the stuffed suits in the Dail have ever made a stand about anything?

I can't remember him canvassing that he'll run onto a run way with a rope ladder.

Im guessing they'll be subject to abusive and aggressive behaviour by the gardai now....

Chancers.

well they sort of deserve it , the next rant will be about the waste of garda resources policing the airport.
    but sure maybe mick will sue again and we can reclaim some of the tax he owes us from the settlement :-PP

What kind of thought process did they go through to arrive at this?

The daíl had broken for holidays and only 3 days in they are that bored that they decide to trespass in an airport and try and inspect a military plane. Absolutely nuts.

Mick: jaysus, I'm bored....
    Clare: Yeah, any ideas...?
    Mick: Dunno...what'll we do till the 17th of September...
    Clare: dunno...I heard there are military planes in Shannon....
    Mick: What? We're neutral shur...that's not on...come on lets get down there
    Clare: Do you want me to drive?
    Mick: Are ye sure ye haven't had anything...
    Clare: I'll be grand...shur that Shatter fcuker is gone now
    Mick: Right so....lets go down there and storm the place!

No hiding here pal. I live close to the airport and have a friend that works closely with the us military when they use the airport. Fully support them and the business they bring to the airport. Wallace and daly....... Couldn't care less about them. When the airport was in the doldrums when the daa was in control none of these politicians thought it worthwhile to help in any way. To hell with them

Yeah, good old neutral Ireland but business is business. I suppose you would have no objection to the US transporting nuclear weapons through Shannon as long as they bought a a few quids worth of duty free.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,175 ✭✭✭✭jimgoose

Yeah, good old neutral Ireland but business is business. I suppose you would have no objection to the US transporting nuclear weapons through Shannon as long as they bought a a few quids worth of duty free.

I have no issues with nuclear weapons full-stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭bajer101

Typical Irish attitude. Ah sure who cares if the planes were involved in illegal renditions. Sure weren't they bringing in a few bob to the area!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,246 ✭✭✭✭Dyr

Just remembering all the people-who-know best on here that clucked and pishawed about mickah wallace banging on about the whistle blowers, who was proven right that time lads?

May his manky locks flow ever on through the corridors of power, for he is our jim garrison

Advertisement