Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Diesel problem

Options
  • 18-07-2014 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭

HI All
    Have a 2003 peugeot 307 1.4hdi 180,000 on the clock strange problem has developed over the last couple of days. Car drives perfectly on a journey until I come to a junction or have to yield at a roundabout. When I change down and the revs drop and then go to pull away it can cut out. It might do this 3 times out of 5. Has happened to me on a roundabout today, its necessary to switch off the ignition and restart again when it will drive away happily again.Sometimes waiting at a junction foot of the accelerator and the revs drop slightly, the engine runs but the minute I touch the pedal it cuts out.
    Any suggestions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,679 ✭✭✭MAJJ

I had the exact same symptoms with my vw 1.9 tdi. It definitely was a faulty thermostat and may have been the idle thermostat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

When was the diesel filter last changed...?
    Has this only started since you topped with diesel...?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,025 ✭✭✭Row

• Registered Users Posts: 615 ✭✭✭mikehn

Row wrote: »
    Diesel filter was changed about 2 months ago. The wife has told me that mon of last week when she got fuel she put in petrol but copped her error almost immediately, she put in 6 euros worth of petrol but then put in 30 euros of diesel, there would have been at least a gallon of diesel in the tank at that stage so the petrol would have been pretty well diluted, drove ok today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,422 ✭✭✭Avns1s

I think you have found your problem - it's the wife!! :):D

Next time she does that, tell her 1. to tell you, and 2. to fill up the tank completely with diesel. Mind you, if she had put in much more petrol than she did, the tank should have been drained completely.

Fill up the tank with diesel if you haven't already done so.

• Advertisement
Advertisement